Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 2: South Carolina @ Georgia (Final 41-37 Georgia won)

Started by Bryan (CHF), September 07, 2009, 11:19:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

RazorWire™

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Bryan (CHF)

Man.....what a freaking game to come down to a tipped pass!!!!

I loved watching this game!
Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

RazorWire™

I love it when two teams get together for the prayer at mid-field

Hawg-U

If Garcia can put up 311 and right at 60% completion. Mallett should have a field day.

lewisandrew88

Guys

A mediocre SC offense

Put 37 Points on the board and

427 Yards of Offense.

Woohoo! It makes me giddy.

Bryan (CHF)

Quote from: Hawg-U on September 12, 2009, 10:04:49 pm
If Garcia can put up 311 and right at 60% completion. Mallett should have a field day.
Quote from: lewisandrew88 on September 12, 2009, 10:05:30 pm
Guys

A mediocre SC offense

Put 37 Points on the board and

427 Yards of Offense.

Woohoo! It makes me giddy.
Agree with both. Mallett should have a field day with this D.
Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

Boardon Hamsay

BP and Co. will have many things to look at on this game film.  I wonder how much Spurrier has left in the coaching tank?  Games like this can only make him want to play on the Senior tour.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

RazorWire™

Another wonderful thing is Georgia had to pull out all stops and if not for special teams would've lost ...

31to6

So we learned a few things from this game:

1) Either NC State sucks, really, really bad or South Carolina was playing the 2nd string defense tonight.
2) You can definitely pass the ball on Georgia. Their defense is not up to their usual standards.
3) Don't kick the ball to Boykin.
4) (worrying) Georgia's running game is improving.
5) We have to score touchdowns to beat the Dawgs. The Georgia kicker is excellent.

Altogether I like our chances against both of these teams based on what we saw. Not calling them, but just saying neither one played particularly well and I would not be surprised to beat either of them by more than one score.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: 31to6 on September 13, 2009, 12:16:03 am
So we learned a few things from this game:

1) Either NC State sucks, really, really bad or South Carolina was playing the 2nd string defense tonight.
2) You can definitely pass the ball on Georgia. Their defense is not up to their usual standards.
3) Don't kick the ball to Boykin.
4) (worrying) Georgia's running game is improving.
5) We have to score touchdowns to beat the Dawgs. The Georgia kicker is excellent.

Altogether I like our chances against both of these teams based on what we saw. Not calling them, but just saying neither one played particularly well and I would not be surprised to beat either of them by more than one score.

I was thinking the exact same thing on #1.... NC State may be one of the worst teams this year.  And I agree 100% on #3
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

31to6

Quote from: BigSexyHog on September 13, 2009, 12:18:52 am

I was thinking the exact same thing on #1.... NC State may be one of the worst teams this year.  And I agree 100% on #3
NC State is usually horrible so it is no surprise. But I watched that game just because I was starved for some college football and USC's offense tried and tried and tried to lose that game and their defense got the ball back over and over. Add to that the fact that Georgia did not look like they were exactly firing on all cylinders tonight and stunk it up in their opener and the only logical conclusion is that the Wolfpack is going to lose a lot of games (again). 

deshahawg

DenverHogFan

this is just odd.  If you have nothing better to do and either missed it or didn't see the game at all, watch the tape of the game on the SEC Digital Network Homepage.  The kickoff that happens at 9:04 in the third quarter.  Wathing the re-play there's a Georgia player on the left side of the screen after the return man gets past the pack.  #57 just stands there and watches - seems to have a decent angle for the tackle and makes NO effort - what THE hell?

31to6

Quote from: DenverHogFan on September 13, 2009, 07:01:47 am
] #57 just stands there and watches - seems to have a decent angle for the tackle and makes NO effort - what THE hell?
Yah, I saw that when it happened. No idea WTH the guy was thinking. It looked like he was trying to keep the runner from going out of bounds. *boggle*

GAMECOCKBOY

Quote from: TNhawgfan on September 12, 2009, 07:46:31 pm
I know a lot of things have been said and written about Spurrier not getting it done at SC, but I'm still surprised he hasn't been able to recruit even one really good QB since he's been there.

his best qb so far is starting for us and the name is stephen garcia...behind him is a rs freshman pocket qb with a strong arm...we also have a dual threat coaches son qb connor shaw coming in from atlanta in jan...so we r good to go at qb...
MESS WITH THE FEATHERS U SHALL GET SPURED!!!

GOOO GAMECOCKS!!!

GAMECOCKBOY

Quote from: rlh06 on September 12, 2009, 10:06:49 pm
BP and Co. will have many things to look at on this game film.  I wonder how much Spurrier has left in the coaching tank?  Games like this can only make him want to play on the Senior tour.

he still has alot left in him...his best recruiting class is just now rs so and true jrs and he is starting to see that talent paying off..along with true freshmen who r ready to play right away...he loves coaching here and is building this program the way it should be..also we have another good signing class coming next year...so that will be 3 top 25 recruiting classes...

GOOO GAMECOCKS!!!

GAMECOCKBOY

GOOO GAMECOCKS!!!