Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 2: South Carolina @ Georgia (Final 41-37 Georgia won)

Started by Bryan (CHF), September 07, 2009, 11:19:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan (CHF)

September 07, 2009, 11:19:14 pm Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 10:02:20 pm by Camden_Hogfan
Both teams had significant areas of weakness in week 1, this is the first conference game for both.
Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

DeltaBoy

I am interested in seeing which one shows up to play.  Both were not impressive last week.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

StreetThief99

Should be a defensive struggle. I expect Georgia to win, though.
Quote from: Shocktheman on September 25, 2010, 07:33:57 am
Guys Im outnumbered here at FOB Sharana. . .Taliban outside the wire and Bama fans inside!  Send Hogs fans with beer immediately!

Bryan (CHF)

Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

Bryan (CHF)

Bryan (CHF)

Hot_Town_Hog

Bryan (CHF)

Bryan (CHF)

7-7 after a 100 yard KO return for TD by Georgia

clutch

Looking like this is gonna be an exiting game. I expected a defensive battle, may be a shootout

SteveInArk

Quote from: Camden_Hogfan on September 12, 2009, 06:24:05 pm
7-7 after a 100 yard KO return for TD by Georgia

School record kick return... first 100 yard return for GA...
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Hot_Town_Hog

What a start to this game!!

Hope UGA wins and comes to visit as a top 20 team, but they will not be in the top 20 after we kick their arse.

Bryan (CHF)

Bryan (CHF)

hoginvolcountry

SC is up by 7 in the first quarter 14-7

clutch

If South Carolina is passing this easily on them, then we will light their D up

Hog Milanese

Definitely, although I'd rather see Georgia win coming into Fayetteville.

Bryan (CHF)

If Georgia plays like this in Fayetteville, we will crush them!!!

Hot_Town_Hog

hoginvolcountry

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: Camden_Hogfan on September 12, 2009, 06:46:55 pm
If Georgia plays like this in Fayetteville, we will crush them!!!

I agree....And there is no Kool-Aid in my hand. Not impressed at all.

RazorWire™

Petrino must be drooling ...

Dawgs D very unimpressive

Hot_Town_Hog

Bryan (CHF)

RazorWire™

Bryan (CHF)

Cassperr

Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.

RazorWire™

doo-ran

I like the threads here. I didn't know there was an SEC forum. ;)

Bryan (CHF)

Jdub

Wow Boykin nearly runs back another kickoff.  Hope we keep it away from this kid next week.

SteveInArk

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on September 12, 2009, 06:50:15 pm
Threads back in MMQB!! Thanks!!

I like the day to day SEC discussions in the new SEC Forum.... but the games being in MMQB gets more interest and hits....  IMO
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Devil_Dog

Georgia down right now by 10 but they will come back tho

lewisandrew88

Our offense and defense looks way faster than georgias from what i have seen so far

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: doo-ran on September 12, 2009, 06:52:51 pm
I like the threads here. I didn't know there was an SEC forum. ;)

lol...wore out my key board earlier changing forums while trying to post in 3 different game threads. We will be fine however you guys decide to work it.

Jdub

SC got screwed by a phantom pass interference call.

Bryan (CHF)

RazorWire™

That's ok , I said last week that I thought SC D was thin ...

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: Camden_Hogfan on September 12, 2009, 06:53:58 pm
Ok, SC's special teams sucks!!!

That is one area I really hope we improve for next Saturday. Other than that, I feel stronger than ever that the Hogs will kick UGA's arse.

Bryan (CHF)

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on September 12, 2009, 07:01:22 pm
That is one area I really hope we improve for next Saturday. Other than that, I feel stronger than ever that the Hogs will kick UGA's arse.
Yeah, I'm really not impressed at all with Georgia's D, this week or last.

RazorWire™

On a different note I hope they beat the snot out of each other physically in this game.

lewisandrew88

Two things i have observed during this game. Georgias QB doesnt seem to go through his progressions very well; seems very skiddish. Also, their recievers look slow to accelerate after the catch. Both of those which arkansas has been taught to do very well

Bryan (CHF)

lewisandrew88

Quote from: Camden_Hogfan on September 12, 2009, 07:10:04 pm
Garcia has looked very good tonight for SC

The ole ball coach is making throw shorter throws and play action. Smart

Bryan (CHF)

RazorWire™

Come on man. Anybody that studies film knows when an unfamaliar number comes in , that it's some kind of play to that guy ...

But on the other hand our guys better recognize that #1

lockmaster

lewisandrew88

Quote from: RazorWire™ on September 12, 2009, 07:16:49 pm
Come on man. Anybody that studies film knows when an unfamaliar number comes in , that it's some kind of play to that guy ...

But on the other hand our guys better recognize that #1

Its one less play they can use on us. I am glad the bulldogs have had to completely open up their playbook in two weeks.

Bryan (CHF)

UnLedded