Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 2: UCLA @ Tennessee (Final 19-15 UCLA won)

Started by Bryan (CHF), September 07, 2009, 11:14:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot_Town_Hog

Bryan (CHF)

Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

CampuspostmanHOG

UCLA stops them on 4th and goal, 2 minutes to go

RazorWire™

Porkys Revenge

Is nutt calling the plays for Tennessee? Nothing like 4 runs up the gut after a 1st and goal.

40MINSOFHELL

ishankem

RazorWire™

Even Hootie woulda put one guy in a passing route

40MINSOFHELL

FL is gonna make TN cry next weekend, is there a mercy rule? :)

Porkys Revenge

How bout fake a dive and have a TE sneak into the flat?

Hot_Town_Hog

That was a fumble...Not sure what they will rule it.

Porkys Revenge

Dayum. UCLA's qb got his teeth knocked out.

ishankem

ishankem

RazorWire™

Hot_Town_Hog

The Vols offense sucks anyway you slice it.

CampuspostmanHOG

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

SteveInArk

Kiffin is gonna start taking heat earlier than we all thought, I believe  ;)
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Boardon Hamsay

I have to admit, I enjoyed the losing look on Kiffin's face.  I anticipate a rerun of that look next week.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

hawgsav1

Kiffin is a joke.  I've been saying this from the beginning
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

The Hog

September 12, 2009, 08:10:18 pm #71 Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 08:27:51 pm by The Hog
Quote from: hawgsav1 on September 12, 2009, 06:50:14 pm

Crompton is the joke.  The defense is real.  Remember Casey Dick?  Handcuffed Petrino last year and Kiffin is handcuffed by a useless Crompton.
Automatic RUN!

The Hog

September 12, 2009, 08:12:27 pm #72 Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 08:27:18 pm by The Hog
Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on September 12, 2009, 06:20:16 pm
The Vols offense sucks anyway you slice it.
You need to watch the game.  The only thing Tennessee had was the defense.  They pretty much stopped UCLA.  Held them to FG's when the offense screwed up.
Automatic RUN!

donewithdale

Poor playcalling by UT inside the 10 with about 2 minutes left.

How did Crompton only throw for 93 yards and completed over a dozen passes?

The Hog

Quote from: donewithdale on September 12, 2009, 08:15:59 pm
Poor playcalling by UT inside the 10 with about 2 minutes left.

How did Crompton only throw for 93 yards and completed over a dozen passes?
Dink, dink and dink.
Automatic RUN!

HawgPilot

they are going to get their collective arses handed to them next week...

LK is an idiot, IMHO...

TNhawgfan

I don't think it's fair to compare Petrino's first year circumstances with Kiffin's. Petrino inherited a useless QB and no talent on D. Kiffin has a useless QB and a really good D that is led by an all American.
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Quote from: arkyvol on September 11, 2009, 03:14:59 pm
hawgsav1 wrote: "Granted Tennessee didn't beat anyone of note..."

and who was that worldbeater the hogs knocked off?

well don't you look like a fool now.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Quote from: hawgsav1 on September 12, 2009, 06:50:14 pm

Why should anyone buy into his hype?  I have to remind people, "what has he done as a head coach or leader?"  Dude sure did run his mouth a lot in the off-season, and his lackluster play calling just bit him in the a$$.  Also add:  Jonathan Crompton is horrible.

TMc

I said it last week.., and I'm saying it now.., Florida is going to put a beat down on Tn and embarass them on National TV.  Not a gambler (but I would "think") Florida covers whatever line is out there next week.

GaryHog

HA HA HA can't stand Kiffin, got his little mouth slapped BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!
Make America Great Again!!!!!!!

The Hog

Quote from: TMc on September 12, 2009, 08:53:42 pm
I said it last week.., and I'm saying it now.., Florida is going to put a beat down on Tn and embarass them on National TV.  Not a gambler (but I would "think") Florida covers whatever line is out there next week.
If the gators do not cover, they are not number 1.
Automatic RUN!

31to6

This game was an epic struggle to see which team wanted the win the least.

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

bigdaddyhawg

After watching Tennessee play today I'm beginning to suspect that Lane Kiffin is actually Hootie Dale Nuttster's love child.

Predictable play calling.  Poor offensive execution.  And a QB who can't find his rear end with both hands.  Finds a way to lose a close game by doing zilch offensively in the last quarter.  Defense wears down at the end because they are on the field all day.

Maybe he's just a Hootie clone.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

hawgsav1

Btw, can we trade Tejada for Kai Forbath?  Please?

The Realist

It's predictable play calling when your quarterback is that horrible.  Tennessee's baseball team has a better chance of catching jonathan crompton's passes than the wide receivers.  What I just saw is similar to Xavier Lee's epic bomb of a choke vs. Miami a couple years ago where he went out on the final drive and never threw a pass within 5 yards of someone or a spiral.  It'll get ugly now because the defense knows he can't cut it mentally and they called him out on it.  If Kiffin is a good coach the next month will show it but he didn't yesterday
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

ComeonHogs!!!

4th and 2...ten in the box.  What do you call for the 4th straight play?.....plz

fla 41   tenn  0

State Pride!!!

hawgsav1

Quote from: The Realist on September 13, 2009, 09:39:41 am
It's predictable play calling when your quarterback is that horrible.  Tennessee's baseball team has a better chance of catching jonathan crompton's passes than the wide receivers.  What I just saw is similar to Xavier Lee's epic bomb of a choke vs. Miami a couple years ago where he went out on the final drive and never threw a pass within 5 yards of someone or a spiral.  It'll get ugly now because the defense knows he can't cut it mentally and they called him out on it.  If Kiffin is a good coach the next month will show it but he didn't yesterday

Yes Crompton is horrible, but two things:
1.  Why didn't Kiffin realize it earlier?

2.  If he did, why did he push Bryce Petty and Tahj Boyd out the door, despite the fact that they were committed to Tennessee?

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: The Realist on September 13, 2009, 09:39:41 am
It's predictable play calling when your quarterback is that horrible. 

All the more reason to try to put your horrible QB in the best possible situation to "possibly" complete a pass to his own team.  Such as first down passes, maybe with play action.  Or tunnel screens, or traditional screens.  You've got to try something different. 

BTW, I agree of your coaching current coaching assessment.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858