Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 2: UCLA @ Tennessee (Final 19-15 UCLA won)

Started by Bryan (CHF), September 07, 2009, 11:14:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan (CHF)

September 07, 2009, 11:14:50 pm Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 06:23:11 pm by Camden_Hogfan
Should be an interesting game. This is the 2nd half of the home/home series for these guys.
Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

Razorfox

El Puerco

hawgsav1

UCLA struggled in their home opener against SDSU.  SDSU was up on them by a significant amount.  Granted Tennessee didn't beat anyone of note and tried to make their win more impressive by having Crompton throwing in the 4th, but Tennessee will still win over UCLA.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

phadedhawg

I would be surprised if UT lost this game.  UCLA has been floundering for awhile in a weak conference.

donewithdale

Tenn should have won last year's game going away.  Up 14-7 early in the 3rd, they fumbled on 1st and goal inside the UCLA 10 with a chance to go up 21-7.  They had all of the momentum and UCLA hadn't done much of anything offensively at that point.  Tenn had also missed a makeable FG.  The Vols have better athletes and defensive coaching this year so I think they may not just win but cover the -10.

Kevin

love for ucla to win

but the ugly orange will win
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

tennhogfan

Unfortunately UT by 17. I'm all about rooting for SEC'ers but living here with those fans gets tiresome. I wouldn't be disappointed at all if UCLA somehow one.

hawgsak

i'm actually going to take UT by 20 points! i don't think it will even be close.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: tennhogfan on September 11, 2009, 03:02:14 pm
Unfortunately UT by 17. I'm all about rooting for SEC'ers but living here with those fans gets tiresome. I wouldn't be disappointed at all if UCLA somehow one.

Same here.  Some SEC teams I will never be able to pull for or at least not in the foreceable future.  TN is one of those teams.  Maybe it's hatred of the Big T engrained since the SWC days or the hatred of the color orange.  Or the hatred of the JA coaches TN has had since we have been in the league.

Either way, it would not bother me one bit if UCLA beat TN.  It would bother me if they beat them like a rented mule.

What will bother me is if TN wins and people start talking about them being back or on the right track etc
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

TexHog188

I look for UCLA to get better, but not this weekend.  UT comfortably.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

donewithdale

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 11, 2009, 03:09:50 pm

What will bother me is if TN wins and people start talking about them being back or on the right track etc

No worries there with Florida coming up next.  Most would be scared to make any declarations until after that game.

LRCentralTiger

UCLA's defense better show up because if it is left up to the red shirt freshman QB to deliver a win, look out.  He is in for a big surprise when he walks out on the field in Knoxville.  This kid did not play his senior year and red shirted last year.

I'll take the SEC speed of Tennessee on defense to make the difference in the game.

Tennessee 31
UCLA 10

arkyvol

hawgsav1 wrote: "Granted Tennessee didn't beat anyone of note..."

and who was that worldbeater the hogs knocked off?

HOGSWEAT

Quote from: arkyvol on September 11, 2009, 03:14:59 pm

We're not talking about Arkansas now are we?

LAHOGG

It will be a little frustrating to see them jump in the polls if they beat an average pac 10 team but don't worry the season is young.  We'll have our chance and if they deserve the recognition we'll find out soon enough.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: LAHOGG on September 11, 2009, 03:42:42 pm
It will be a little frustrating to see them jump in the polls if they beat an average pac 10 team but don't worry the season is young.  We'll have our chance and if they deserve the recognition we'll find out soon enough.
10 games to play and a lot of injuries to overcome.  Depth, depth and more depth make good teams.

hawgsav1

Quote from: arkyvol on September 11, 2009, 03:14:59 pm

Who was comparing Arkansas to the Volunqueers?  The fact is, your game against WKU is pretty much useless as a measuring stick to see how far you guys have come.  The same goes for our game against Missouri State.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

The Hog

Quote from: hawgsav1 on September 11, 2009, 03:59:30 pm
Who was comparing Arkansas to the Volunqueers?  The fact is, your game against WKU is pretty much useless as a measuring stick to see how far you guys have come.  The same goes for our game against Missouri State.
Tennessee defense is still in tack even with the few new guys they have.  If anything kills the Vols this year it will be at QB and lack of OL depth.  They are deep on D line and secondary.

Depending on how Georgia plays Saturday our measuring stick might not be until Bama.  Last weeks Dogs meltdown was really bad.  I am not taking anything away from OSU but Georgia QB play was as bad as Tennessee and Auburn last year.  You can add Dick if you want but Tennessee might have won two more games with Casey. LOL

If Tennessee blows out UCLA, which could happen, it will be the Florida game to see where Tennessee stacks up.  We are chomping at the bits for Georgia so don't think Vol players and fans are not ready for a big game against UCLA. 
Automatic RUN!

Bryan (CHF)

Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

Buff

Bryan (CHF)

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hot_Town_Hog

Like it or not, you have to pull for the SEC over the PAC 10. Go Vols!!!!

Wildhog

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on September 12, 2009, 03:29:15 pm

bullsh*t.  I want to see ol' kiffy and tenn get their asses handed to them so maybe they'll shut the hell up.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on September 12, 2009, 03:29:15 pm

Like it or not we don't.  Noone is going to start crowing that the Fudge PAC 10 is better than the SEC just because UCLA beats TN.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 12, 2009, 03:31:43 pm
Like it or not we don't.  Noone is going to start crowing that the Fudge PAC 10 is better than the SEC just because UCLA beats TN.

Not a Kiffin fan, but also not a UCLA fan. I hope the Vols kick their Arse!!! Florida will give Kiffin enough pain to make you happy.

If you want to pull for the PAC 10, you better pull it extra hard!!

JethroB.

Ok, first of all this is not arkansas related but, I was wondering what everybody thought.  I'm watching the TN/UCLA game right now.  I usually make it a point to pull for SEC teams but, lil kiffey is such a tool I don't know if i can make myself do it.

Tripod1

I always pull for the SEC teams with the exception of Ole Piss.

Rzback

Monty Defense looks pretty salty
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

JethroB.

yeah it does look good, but UCLA is givin em all they want so far

CoonHog1971

Beat the hell out of Kiffin and the Vols!

SeeingRed13

Jonathan Crompton, pick-throwing machine. Bummer Kiffy.

SeeingRed13

I'm watching & it's making me infinitely happy. God, I love watching them struggle.

stronguard

If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Prosciutto

Not too impressed with Lane, but Monte's defense looks pretty good.

I hope they finish last in the east.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Hot_Town_Hog

Crompton not too impressive today at all.

CampuspostmanHOG

stronguard

Cromptons  is passing to set up the run........for UCLA

I think I may have found a new "worst QB in SEC history"

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Hot_Town_Hog

Florida and Bama are the only teams that appear to be tough wins for the Hogs. Not saying we will win them all, but I think we could beat most of the SEC teams I have watched to this point.

Will be interesting to see how UGA looks tonight. Maybe they win, stay in the top 20, and we blow them out and flirt with the Top 25.

Hugulus Hog

The Vols look awful.  And they are getting killed by a very mediocre pac-10 team.

CampuspostmanHOG

Tenn 0 yards in 3rd quarter with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd

ishankem

The Vol O-line is lookin like swiss cheese, soft, smelly and full of holes

aar0n

UCLA kicker is definitely laying it on thick.  Go Bruins!  I hate Kiffin

CampuspostmanHOG

stronguard

Welcome to NCAA Division 1 football Lane Kiffin.  I bet his dad beats his tail after this game is over for sticking with that TERRIBLE qb Crompton

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

CampuspostmanHOG

linze82

tinrc might come back and win this game, but regardless, they have an ass whoopin of monumental proportions coming next weekend. beautiful
smite me bishes