Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jevan Snead and Ole Miss

Started by Houston h, September 06, 2009, 09:00:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Houston h

I just got home from the game a couple of hours ago and I have to say that if this was the true Ole Miss, they are in for a long year.  Snead looked horrible for two thirds of the game, the offense looked anemic and the defense looked very vulnerable.  Maybe this was just first game jitters but Memphis had every opportunity to win that game, of course, they are Memphis and screwed themselves over and over again.

I hope this was the true Ole Miss, if it was, we will beat them by 3 touchdowns.

oldbear

I would give almost anything to see Ole Missy finish the season at 5-7.

hognc2010

The few plays I saw reminded me of a Razorback game coached by HDN.
The score at half to the score at the end.  I felt sorry for the QB as he was not sharp and it did not show his talent.  I think the QB will go pro after this year to get away from the coach before he destoys his repuatation.

The play calling was similar - The only thing was if this would have been a big time game the famous third quarter choke was all that was missing

Houston h

It was sooooooo Houston Nutt, smoke draws, out patterns and running the ball when you knew he was gonna run it.  They will not do well this year unless that make some big time improvements between now and Bama/Arkansas.  I'm not so sure that won't lose at South Carolina.

mtownhog

Jevan Snead had two very bad interceptions, but Memphis defensive backs dropped 2 picks that I can remember. Not impressive numbers for Snead by any means, but he had an even worse game then the stats reflect in my opinion.

dhornjr1

It's still to early to tell, but after one game, it looks as though Jevan Snead has regressed from last year.

Which, of course, is a requirement of any Houston Nutt coached quarterback.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

My Father-in-law and I were just rolling when he'd call timeout on 3rd and one.  We'd try to guess whether ol' H was going to run a dive left or dive right.  Sure enough, he'd come back with the dive play for no gain every time.

Other things I noticed on the Ole Miss boards.  People complaining about:
- No passes to TE's
- No pasees over the middle
- Snead seems to have regressed
- They think the offense was purposefully vanilla to keep the rest of the playbook secret for the good teams
- Already some division starting... fans complaining about other fans over the game.

Same stuff different day, just so glad to be on this side of it!! 

Mallett is going to light up that secondary, and as long as we can continue plugging up the middle defensively, we'll win by 3 TDs.

Hoggish1

What it was was the start of a nuts handled team that will slip up several times this year due to poor preparation.  2nd year = worse season than first year and so forth...

Reaganite

Quote from: oldbear on September 06, 2009, 09:02:42 pm
I would give almost anything to see Ole Missy finish the season at 5-7.

Don't worry.  I'm sure they'll get close to that, if today was any indication.

hog_fan

South Carolina has a good D, but not a very good O. I see a low scoring game. Vandy isn't a gimme. Remember dork is 1-2 VS them.

FANONTHEHILL

Tebow is the all-conference Qb because of his history and leadership.  Snead is supposed to be number 2.  If you look at skill level how can you argue that the best pure QB in this conference is #15
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

El Puerco

Some of the play calling seemed (intentionally) different, much was the same.  One thing I did notice was that the big balla play calla was, in fact, calling a lot of the plays himself. Yet another puppet offensive coordinator.

hognc2010

this will impact recruiting if this trend contiues

jkstock04

U gotta feel somewhat sorry for Snead...he is very talented and him playing under Nutt has gotta be tough.  To see him regress like this is easily predictable. 

Mitch Mustain said when he left the Hogs he wanted to go somewhere where he would be developed as a quarterback....after watching our QB's over the years it's obvious to me that under Houston Nutt the QB play is never developed...and in the present case at Ole Miss Snead seems to be getting worse....against Memphis nonetheless.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hook 'em Hogs

It's their first game too.  I do believe they probably didn't roll out much of the playbook.  I bet Ole Miss will still be pretty good this year.  I doubt even Hooty can lead that team to 5-7, I'm all for it, but I just don't think he's thaaaat bad.

farmhawg

Quote from: dhornjr1 on September 06, 2009, 09:19:01 pm
It's still to early to tell, but after one game, it looks as though Jevan Snead has regressed from last year.

Which, of course, is a requirement of any Houston Nutt coached quarterback.
Snead is smart enough not to show up motho. He would never get to play if he did.

Waiting for bruiser to defend the POS......................
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

wanna be razorback

Is this an Ole Miss message board cause thats all we talk about.

porkurina

Quote from: Hook 'em Hogs on September 06, 2009, 09:50:52 pm
It's their first game too.  I do believe they probably didn't roll out much of the playbook.  I bet Ole Miss will still be pretty good this year.  I doubt even Hooty can lead that team to 5-7, I'm all for it, but I just don't think he's thaaaat bad.
I use to think that about Nutty.  But after 10 years I realized I was delusional.

The real Hogules

At one point during the game, on third and short Nutt called a timeout to talk the upcoming play over with his offense, which promptly went back onto the field and lost 2 yards.

Classic Nutt ball....................
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

jacksonhawg

Quote from: Hook 'em Hogs on September 06, 2009, 09:50:52 pm

I think the smoke draw, 3rd and 1 timeout only to run a dive, and the 5 yard out on 3rd and 7 WAS the playbook. I could be wrong here, but I don't think I am.

Hook 'em Hogs

Quote from: jacksonhawg on September 06, 2009, 10:04:54 pm
I think the smoke draw, 3rd and 1 timeout only to run a dive, and the 5 yard out on 3rd and 7 WAS the playbook. I could be wrong here, but I don't think I am.

You have a point . . .

Shoatly

September 06, 2009, 10:07:01 pm #21 Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 10:11:51 pm by Shoatly
No, you forgot the timeout, then punt, play.  It jus' messes' 'em up.   

rogersvillemohog

September 06, 2009, 10:12:22 pm #22 Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 10:18:46 pm by rogersvillemohog
Mr. Snead, I would like you to re-introduce yo to the SEC.....

ect.....

Haha! Good luck,  ::)
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

pipehog

OVER RATED!!!

I think says it all

Justifiable Hogicide

September 07, 2009, 01:11:30 am #24 Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 01:34:56 am by Justifiable Hogicide
Quote from: iCalledThatHogBrotha! on September 06, 2009, 09:28:24 pm

Other things I noticed on the Ole Miss boards.  People complaining about:

If OM fans are complaining NOW, just wait until they get a full dose of Hootie ball.

The Boar War

False start penalties, predictable play calling, unneccessary time outs, and poor quarterback play 

All pillars of the Nutt philosophy.

Eddie Piggard

the Rabid Weasel strikes again!!
Pray for Obama. Psalms 109:8

1CavHog

I think Ole Miss goes 8-4 again and then next year gets worse as their schedule will get tougher and Ed O's recruits start to graduate. I think this year they lose to Arkansas, LSU, Bama and one more SEC game and next year they go 3-5 in the SEC.

Blinkhog

I hate Old Piss as much as the next guy but after watching the game i must admit their D-line looked pretty nasty.

Eddie Piggard

Quote from: Blinkhog on September 07, 2009, 02:34:13 am
I hate Old Piss as much as the next guy but after watching the game i must admit their D-line looked pretty nasty.
you mean the one that gave up nearly 300yds?  yeah, that's pretty nasty.......sheesh

Eddie Piggard

you mean the same that gave up nearly 300yds? 

dhornjr1

Quote from: NolanForAD on September 07, 2009, 03:23:00 am
Its going to be really funny when Cotton is the QB. 

It'll be even funnier when we see the announcement that Cotton has been moved to wide receiver.

hawgsmellgud

My favorite was a timeout on third and goal from the half yard line. Then come back with a run off left tackle, classic.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Feel bad for Snead. His draft stock will tumble under Nutt. 
Let's make some waves.

PigTimePlayer

Quote from: dhornjr1 on September 07, 2009, 05:00:08 am
It'll be even funnier when we see the announcement that Cotton has been moved to wide receiver.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ yep!
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

NWASooner

Snead completed about 55% of his passes against Memphis and threw too many INT's.  If you look at his stats last year, he did the same thing.

I've been saying this all off season but Snead is not a big time college QB.

Things Nutt does to kill his own team:

Waits too long to get the play in thus quite often hurrying his team into bad mistakes or delays of game.

Wastes timeouts on dive and draw plays.  This tactic actually gives the D an opportunity to set up because they know from past experience what the play will be.

Uses the sideline as a 12th defender on pass plays instead of using it as his friend.

Doesn't train his receivers to never be short of the first down marker on 3rd and ?????, so they nearly always come up a few yard short on the play.

Doesn't practice passing nearly as much as is needed to be good at it.

Doesn't prepare his entire team to play so when an injury strikes, its usually a huge lick to the team.

Has a habit of pulling a player who is doing well and getting into the flow of the game.

Has a habit of leaving his RB on an island such as being the only back in the game when everyone knows the play is a run.  This RB usually ends up getting hurt (think D-mac 2007, ribs).

Makes silly decisions when under the gun that end up putting his team in a hole they cannot recover from. 

Always ready to lay blame everywhere but with himslef.

These are just a few.

pitbull1

Get ready to sell your used signs and shirts to Ole Piss "Fire Houston Nutt"

hognc2010

Snead should go pro after this season

rihog

Jevan Snead is gone after this season....
Our biggest strength is that we don't have any weaknesses;
Our biggest weakness is that we don't have any strengths. -J. Frank Broyles

It is sickening to enjoy the pain that OM fans are about to suffer.  I think we realize how long it took us to finally rid ourselves of this jerkwad and we need others to be as dumb as we were.  As bad as we proclaim Nutt to be, we aren't really telling it as bad as it is.  You have to live it to understand.  Its more than terrible coaching, its terrible coaching with a sneer, a lying excuse, throwing others to the wolves, laying blame everywhere but at his own feet.  Just when you think he might suck it up and admit his faults, he finds another person or reason to blame.

rebelbruiser

Quote from: Houston h on September 06, 2009, 09:00:10 pm
I just got home from the game a couple of hours ago and I have to say that if this was the true Ole Miss, they are in for a long year.  Snead looked horrible for two thirds of the game, the offense looked anemic and the defense looked very vulnerable.  Maybe this was just first game jitters but Memphis had every opportunity to win that game, of course, they are Memphis and screwed themselves over and over again.

I hope this was the true Ole Miss, if it was, we will beat them by 3 touchdowns.

We looked worse last year at this time.  It's a long year, and we have 3 weeks before we play another real opponent.  I wouldn't get too excited yet.  We played awful for most of the first 3 quarters offensively, and we still put the game away against a team that's not typically a pushover.

vandybuff

Quote from: rebelbruiser on September 07, 2009, 07:48:43 am
We looked worse last year at this time.  It's a long year, and we have 3 weeks before we play another real opponent.  I wouldn't get too excited yet.  We played awful for most of the first 3 quarters offensively, and we still put the game away against a team that's not typically a pushover.
Yeah -- not a pushover ... we at Vandy feel the same way about Florida -- hehehe!
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

Bruiser, the problems you had last year could be repaired with the rah, rah BS, the its us against the world, just hold on to the rope, etc, etc, etc..  That likely won't work this year.  Time will tell.

rebelbruiser

Quote from: 12247 on September 07, 2009, 07:56:00 am
Bruiser, the problems you had last year could be repaired with the rah, rah BS, the its us against the world, just hold on to the rope, etc, etc, etc..  That likely won't work this year.  Time will tell.

You're right.  The sky is falling.  5-7 here we come.

Again, it's Game 1.  Snead looked better after he settled down.  The defense didn't tackle well.  The O-line needs some work and possibly some shifting of players around.

We didn't play that well overall, but we're 1-0, and we will play better down the line.  All the problems we had are correctable.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you guys not almost lose to Western Illinois AND Louisiana-Monroe last year in your first two games?  And did you not play a little bit better than that later in the year.  Point being, teams get better, and we will get better.  If we look exactly the same in 3 weeks when we play SC, I'll be concerned.  Until then, we're 1-0, and we have 3 weeks until our next real test.  Forgive me for not panicking yet.

hognc2010

It is ashame that Ole Miss fans didn't get to feel the pain we felt several years ago when we had USC at the start of our schedule  then they would know what there coach is made of and how weak they are in depth

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: rebelbruiser on September 07, 2009, 08:16:57 am

Again, it's Game 1.  Snead looked better after he settled down.  The defense didn't tackle well.  The O-line needs some work and possibly some shifting of players around.

We didn't play that well overall, but we're 1-0, and we will play better down the line.  All the problems we had are correctable.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you guys not almost lose to Western Illinois AND Louisiana-Monroe last year in your first two games?  And did you not play a little bit better than that later in the year.  Point being, teams get better, and we will get better.  If we look exactly the same in 3 weeks when we play SC, I'll be concerned.  Until then, we're 1-0, and we have 3 weeks until our next real test.  Forgive me for not panicking yet.

Hey Bruiser. In another thread yesterday I said as much as it pains me to do so I was taking Ole MIss minus 18.  The reason i gave was You guys have a very very solid defense and even NUtt can't screw that up.  I was 100% correct. 

Yes you are right the sky isn't falling and I do not see 5-7, but you saw what we have seen for 10 years.  3rd and 1 you call timeout only to turn around and run a dive off right tackle to lose two yards.  If that is the play you are going to call just run it and don't burn a timeout.  I mean what was he telling them on the sidelines before calling that play.  "Hey no false starts guys?"  That's the only thing I could think of, and if they don't know that by now something is wrong.  Constantly saw 5 yard outs on 3rd and 7 or 3rd and 9.   Also saw a lot of pass plays where Snead had only two receivers to choose from.  If you are gonna throw it then put your QB in a position to succeed.

Look it's no lie I am glad you guys have Nutt.  I am not trying to make you mad but just telling you what we saw first hand for years.  How many bigtime QB's do you think Nutt will sign when his play gets more and more conservative in tight games.  I hope he is calling Ed Orgeron every night and thanking him for the talent he currently has.  I give you three years and 75% of your fans will be offering to pay the moving expense to get his butt out of town.
Let's make some waves.

hognc2010

Difference - Our OB was not ranked#2 in the SEC and we did not have much left.  We also had not won our  bowl. 
In saying that look at your QB's stat and the one that should upset you the most is he went from having 2 interceptions in 5 games to 2 in one game

A QB of skill set should of come in as a leader and tore it up.  It should not have taken him two quarters to get into the game even if it was Memphis

Your QB had what a 55% completion rate - When USC with a freshman who played a harder team had a 79% completion rate  620 yards of offense -
That is the difference between BCS and a  bowl  - Plus look at the stable at USC - So as you all want to move up in the polls this is what will prevent you from being in the big game

You had 349 of total offense - vs - USC 620, Hogs 591, Tide 498
Mizzou - 442 Texas - 562

Your experienced offense has no excuse for not turning it on and using your second string in the second quarter

pigsiouxie

nutt playbook:

(page 1 of 1)

1) direct snap to best athlete on team ( M Jones, D Mc)
2) smoke draw left
3) smoke draw right
4) attempt pass in 1 receiver set , after it is far too late
5) chew fingernail

if play is successful, claim play call , if not , blame team/asst coach/band/media

pigsiouxie

We didn't play that well overall, but we're 1-0, and we will play better down the line. All the problems we had are correctable.
remember that  when they arent corrected.