Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OK, SEC fans

Started by Jaymett06, September 05, 2009, 07:21:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaymett06

Let's compile a list of excuses as to why Georgia didn't defeat Oklahoma State today.  OSU 24, Ga 10

I'll get the ball rolling...

1. Marginal pass interference call on Georgia's defensive back with OSU driving inside the Georgia 30 at around the 8:00 mark.

hogdiggity

GA is over rated.  I can't wait to get them to Fayetteville to give them another loss

paradigm

Really, after one game, and you want to make a point... State was a better team today. Overall, top to bottom, the SEC is the best conference!!! Enjoy the win..

donewithdale

No excuses.  Okie St beat Georgia.  Georgia's defense did do a pretty good job and held Okie St's offense to their lowest statistical game they'll have until Texas or OU.  But UGa's qb play is weak.  Impressive day for the Big 12 with Mizzou's performance added in.

Hugulus Hog

Better coaching
Better talent
Better game plan
Better execution
Home field edge

donewithdale

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on September 05, 2009, 07:51:44 pm
Better coaching
Better talent
Better game plan
Better execution
Home field edge

I wouldn't go as far on the talent except QB.  And Okie St had a ton of penalties especially offsides.  Stadium is still small.  Don't think that affected Georgia.  Richt did get badly outcoached.  Hope he stays in that shotgun vs us instead of running the I.  They were getting 7 yards at least on many carries out of the I.  Cox is weak.  I feel for AJ Green.

oklahogjr

1. while osu got a majority of the penaltys all of the georgia penalty's were game changing.....it just seemed suspicious they wave off one defenseless receiving penalty but then call it later on for about the same play.
now with that said i realize that changed the whole game but if georgia was the better team they should have just got it done osu beat them and should of with the way they played today
lets go bowlin

rebelbruiser

I'll tell you what I saw.  I saw a team that looked a lot like what I saw in UGA's spring game.  UGA has a solid defense and very little offense.

I really don't think Okie State has much defensively, and UGA could not get the ball moving on them.  They did play well defensively, holding a high powered offense to basically 17 points when you consider that one of the TDs came basically because of the kick return, and when you consider that their offense kept sending them back out on the field with 3 and outs.

I'll be curious to see you guys match up with them, because I think you're likely to be the opposite, strong offense with a weaker defense.  Will UGA's strong defense prevail against your strong offense, and which team's weakness will prevail, your defense or UGA's offense?

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: rebelbruiser on September 06, 2009, 06:52:36 am
I'll tell you what I saw.  I saw a team that looked a lot like what I saw in UGA's spring game.  UGA has a solid defense and very little offense.

Nail, meet hammer.

To: Dr. Dawgy

I'm afraid I'm going to have to give you an "I told you so" on both of my assertions re: your offense.  Unless OSU is WAY better on D than I think, which could be the case I'll admit, the two issues I raised ARE legitimate issues. 

1) Cox, at his very best, is a "game manager", not a playmaker, I don't care how many HS championships or games he won.  As I told you, all that stuff IS irrelevant now.  And

2) your RB by committee is just like it was in the days before Moreno -- under-talented and non-distinguished.  I'm willing to bet Ga. RB's didn't break a handful of tackles ALL DAY.  They were very mediocre, at best.

Richt is a very good coach, IMO, and a very good recruiter, but he's put himself in a bind in his recruiting for this team.  He should have recruited a guy a year or two ago to come in and replace Stafford, which it doesn't seem he's done.  And his RB recruitment has fallen far short of the talent he's recruited everywhere else, and that should NOT be the case when you have the recruiting base Georgia has.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

healthyhog

OK, Big12 fans

Let's compile a list of excuses as to why Oklahoma State will, once again, fail to win their own division, much less the Big 12.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: healthyhog on September 06, 2009, 11:32:56 am
OK, Big12 fans

Let's compile a list of excuses as to why Oklahoma State will, once again, fail to win their own division, much less the Big 12.

Good point.  I'm still not sold on Gundy or his defense.  I don't think Georgia had a good game plan, or poorly executed the one they had, or both.  I just don't think they really tested that defense much.

I was actually a little surprised Georgia's D was able to slow down that OSU offense as much as they did.

BTW, that game produced the very worst officiating calls I saw all day yesterday.  That spot on the fourth down inside the 5 was HUGE!!  And TERRIBLE!!  At least a full yard off.  Terrible personal foul calls and pass interference calls.  Just very weak officiating all game, IMO.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

healthyhog

Quote from: Jaymett06 on September 05, 2009, 07:21:53 pm
Let's compile a list of excuses as to why Georgia didn't defeat Oklahoma State today.  OSU 24, Ga 10

I'll get the ball rolling...

1. Marginal pass interference call on Georgia's defensive back with OSU driving inside the Georgia 30 at around the 8:00 mark.

**Cough Cough**  Anybody looking for excuses for the Big12 today??

camden5r

Wow the  BIG 12 north is a powerhouse.   :P