Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ask the Expert

Started by userpick, September 02, 2013, 09:13:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: First Tee Frog on September 04, 2013, 08:45:33 pm
Not really sure how you can see that you are too close or stuck from that angle.  In honesty I would tell you that it looks good but really can't see much.

I just saw my hands right up against my shirt, and it felt a bit close when I hit it. Sorry for the awful angle, I will get some decent DTL and FO tomorrow night.

Wildhogs beautiful swing is on deck...

CallThemHawgs!

kingofdequeen

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: kingofdequeen on September 04, 2013, 09:43:35 pm
like wafting a fart.

Hahaha you my friend, are the reason no one wants to post their swings. The Simon Cowell of Hogville, minus the rabid chest hair and obnoxious accent.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 04, 2013, 09:49:10 pm
Hahaha you my friend, are the reason no one wants to post their swings. The Simon Cowell of Hogville, minus the rabid chest hair and obnoxious accent.

i only roast those i love.  the rest i wouldn't say chit about.

if you posted Daaz or Cosmo's swing, i would do same.  I won't degrade your's tho. 

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: kingofdequeen on September 04, 2013, 09:53:05 pm

if you posted Daaz or Cosmo's swing, i would do same.  I won't degrade your's tho. 

Hahaha thanks, I degrade my swing enough on a daily basis. It does not need further degradation, I assure you.

Right now its a caterpillar.... soon it will be a butterfly.

First Tee Frog

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 04, 2013, 09:41:26 pm
Without further adieu, here is Wildhogs swing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCiDxVwL1-Y&feature=youtu.be
waaaaaaay too long. Before anything else ya gotta shorten that thing up. Start by getting a kids swim floatie, blow it up and put it just above your right elbow.  Feel like you take it back to chest high and when your arm hits the floatie shut it off. If you slow it down then you should be able to control it.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: First Tee Frog on September 04, 2013, 10:05:17 pm
waaaaaaay too long. Before anything else ya gotta shorten that thing up. Start by getting a kids swim floatie, blow it up and put it just above your right elbow.  Feel like you take it back to chest high and when your arm hits the floatie shut it off. If you slow it down then you should be able to control it.

you don't think he should turn his hips farther back?  (along with the whole not letting the club bounce off his shoulders thing. :D)

i've always thought he manufactured the back end of his swing with his arms b/c he stops his body.

cosmodrum

Quote from: kingofdequeen on September 04, 2013, 09:53:05 pm

I gotta be honest, I think I've found the perfect swing, recently...mines.
Go away, batin'

First Tee Frog

Quote from: kingofdequeen on September 04, 2013, 10:12:11 pm
you don't think he should turn his hips farther back?  (along with the whole not letting the club bounce off his shoulders thing. :D)

i've always thought he manufactured the back end of his swing with his arms b/c he stops his body.
I think he turns plenty.  He just doesn't need the extra arm swing. It feels powerful but is the opposite because he gets out of synch and has to throw all of his lag angle just in order to play. If he were to actually get to the ball with lag he would very likely slice the ball off the planet.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Hawgndaaz

I need help.

this was a 60 yard wedge. was trying to do one of those fancy low shots that hits once and checks up.

WWHD?

First Tee Frog

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on September 05, 2013, 10:05:59 am
I need help.

this was a 60 yard wedge. was trying to do one of those fancy low shots that hits once and checks up.

WWHD?

Left wrist has broken down to much, club face appears to have rolled over and the club has swung too far o the left. Try to keep the club more out in front of you, keep the club face up to the sky and hands ahead at impact. All should help

Pulled(PP)pork

anybody tried one of those contraptions that holds your phone while attached to your alignment stick, stuck in the ground?

I seen them at Edwin Watts in Memphis, and wondered if they work.  getting the mrs. to video me is not easy.

PP

Hawgndaaz

up to the sky meaning the open side is parallel with it?

I was told to keep stance open, slightly open clubface at address, ball at middle of back foot. Something tells me I am starting off wrong.

al2305

Ok FTF heres my headache of a golf swing.  And for anyone who wants to make fun of it feel free, Ive said every bad thing that can be said about it already.

DL5iron:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Sb9NTDfrs

FO5iron:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrCBGmn4vQU

First Tee Frog

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on September 05, 2013, 11:15:33 am
up to the sky meaning the open side is parallel with it?

I was told to keep stance open, slightly open clubface at address, ball at middle of back foot. Something tells me I am starting off wrong.

Yes, Face up to the sky meaning the leading edge is parallel to the sky.

None of what you were told is "wrong". It's just not my preferred way to play those shots anymore. I used that method for years and found that the margin of error for decent contact was razor thin and that I could give myself a chance to have better misses by using the bounce and being less steep.

First Tee Frog

Quote from: al2305 on September 05, 2013, 07:37:35 pm
Ok FTF heres my headache of a golf swing.  And for anyone who wants to make fun of it feel free, Ive said every bad thing that can be said about it already.

DL5iron:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Sb9NTDfrs

FO5iron:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrCBGmn4vQU

Really not bad.  Would tell you to get farther from the golf ball.  Ideally the shaft of the club will be perpendicular to your spine at address. From face on...it's too long but it has to be because the wrist set occurs later than ideal.  There is also a small sway load right before you begin taking the club back.  Would focus on turning your left pocket back at the beginning of the swing and setting your wrist sooner.  All in all its pretty good.  I think if you take care of those few things you will see yourself be able to be shorter, less trapped and have more shaft lean.

al2305

Quote from: First Tee Frog on September 05, 2013, 08:17:47 pm
Really not bad.  Would tell you to get farther from the golf ball.  Ideally the shaft of the club will be perpendicular to your spine at address. From face on...it's too long but it has to be because the wrist set occurs later than ideal.  There is also a small sway load right before you begin taking the club back.  Would focus on turning your left pocket back at the beginning of the swing and setting your wrist sooner.  All in all its pretty good.  I think if you take care of those few things you will see yourself be able to be shorter, less trapped and have more shaft lean.

Ok thx for takin a look

The Artist Yo Huckleberry

al, this is an observation: you're standing on the wrong side of the ball. Haha

al2305

Quote from: The Artist Yo Huckleberry on September 05, 2013, 11:11:22 pm
al, this is an observation: you're standing on the wrong side of the ball. Haha
Thx I'll look into that

Pulled(PP)pork

ok, gonna give this a shot, with the youtube links....

FO Driver:

http://youtu.be/tQ9WllbMM6Y

DTL Driver:

http://youtu.be/YQPPDpL3Y0Q

DTL 56* wedge:

http://youtu.be/VNZLtmweZPM
I apologize for not being a full body shot, and the distance I carried with each shot was about 30-40yds=pitiful

Thats a start, let me know if you need better video.

Pulled out...

gotyacovered

PP... for about $40 you can get a RAM mount with "x" grip and mount that sucker to about anything... It's multipurpose. I'll post a pick of my setup tomorrow.
You are what you tolerate.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: gotyacovered on September 07, 2013, 05:44:55 pm
PP... for about $40 you can get a RAM mount with "x" grip and mount that sucker to about anything... It's multipurpose. I'll post a pick of my setup tomorrow.
that may have been the item I saw at Edwin Watts, can't find it by internet search.

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

where's my critique, you bastages??!

PP

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on September 08, 2013, 11:28:16 am
where's my critique, you bastages??!

PP

for someone of your height and arm length, you do you damnedest to limit your width and arc

gotyacovered

You are what you tolerate.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: kingofdequeen on September 08, 2013, 07:41:25 pm
for someone of your height and arm length, you do you damnedest to limit your width and arc
I always wanted to swing like Ernie Els

PP

al2305

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on September 09, 2013, 04:55:14 am
I always wanted to swing like Ernie Els

PP

Well to swing like Ernie u gotta get that backswing much more upright.  At the top of ur backswing your hands should be above your head and the shaft should be above your right shoulder.  Right now the club is behind and below your shoulder at the top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd1sW7U1FEc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKogkl-y06Q

Pulled(PP)pork

I played at Thunder Bayou yesterday and worked on increasing my arc, seen some difference in my flight and distance. Had a good round going until I carded an 8 on a par 3, then followed that with a double.

Asking the expert, how do I work on my mental game as well, so I can bounce back and not let emotions get the better of me?

Pulled out...

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on September 10, 2013, 06:52:52 am
I played at Thunder Bayou yesterday and worked on increasing my arc, seen some difference in my flight and distance. Had a good round going until I carded an 8 on a par 3, then followed that with a double.

Asking the expert, how do I work on my mental game as well, so I can bounce back and not let emotions get the better of me?

Pulled out...

set mini goals

for example:

+2 through 4 holes, +1 on 5&6,  birdie one of 7,8,9.

this works for me pretty well at my home course.

after a bad hole.. on any p4 or p5, ask yourself what club gives you the greatest risk of taking a penalty off the tee. Don't hit that club. even if you have to hit 5 iron off the tee just to guarantee an easy bogey, do it.

Pulled(PP)pork

in my feeble defense, it started as a shank off the tee into neverland, my follow up (#3), I over compensated and hit it left of the green in deep rough.  I was getting pretty preterbed by this time and just said, "eff it". 
I recovered on the back and only missed one fairway, but couldn't seal the deal on many par putts.

PP

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on September 10, 2013, 09:19:57 am
in my feeble defense, it started as a shank off the tee into neverland, my follow up (#3), I over compensated and hit it left of the green in deep rough.  I was getting pretty preterbed by this time and just said, "eff it". 
I recovered on the back and only missed one fairway, but couldn't seal the deal on many par putts.

PP

sorry pulled...apparently we've hijacked the expert forum and made it into "ask the dooshbags."  :/

Pulled(PP)pork

I noticed, lol.....I must be kryptonite

I did take your comments and work on some things though, and liked what i seen.  no chilly dips with my wedges and hit some really nice shots with my irons.  the driver I have in a comfort zone right now with my set up, it seems to be repeatable results with a slight fade.

my mental game is a mess, that needs the most help right now.  I let my playing partners get in my head when they are hitting it good.

PP

GolfNut57

Pulled out...

Which par three hole did you get the snowman on?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Pulled(PP)pork

the second par 3, #6....gawdawfulshank!

PP

GolfNut57

I usually save the scorecard from the different course I play but wouldn't you know this is one card I seem to have misplaced. Don't quite remember what that hole looked like from the tee.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

First Tee Frog

Hey guys...sorry about being out. Been a little crazy the last few days. We just had our NTPGA Section Championship the last two days along with the horned frogs home opener Saturday.

Pulled pork...you gotta get some better angles. Can't see much from there. Will answer the mental game stuff later tonight. About to wad into the ranger game. Hopefully Perez can be the stopper tonight.

clutch

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on September 10, 2013, 04:10:15 pm
the second par 3, #6....gawdawfulshank!

PP

Ouch, that's one of the 2 easier par 3's out there. The other 2 can get pretty tough though.

userpick

Quote from: First Tee Frog on September 10, 2013, 06:42:28 pm
Hey guys...sorry about being out. Been a little crazy the last few days. We just had our NTPGA Section Championship the last two days along with the horned frogs home opener Saturday.

Pulled pork...you gotta get some better angles. Can't see much from there. Will answer the mental game stuff later tonight. About to wad into the ranger game. Hopefully Perez can be the stopper tonight.

How'd you play? As far as the game goes, Perez can't hit the ball, so the Rangers are a lost cause.

First Tee Frog

Quote from: userpick on September 10, 2013, 08:09:48 pm
How'd you play? As far as the game goes, Perez can't hit the ball, so the Rangers are a lost cause.

Shot 71-70 and finished T-3. Played decently but too many dumbshit moments

First Tee Frog

Pulled out...

On the golf course you can only worry about things you can control.  You have to realize that you can't control the past. You can only control the shot you are about to hit and even then, you can't control the outcome, just the process.  If you hit a bad shot you have to realize it doesn't mean your golf swing is broken and in need of repair. It means you hit a bad shot. Everyone has hit them and everyone will hit them again. Regardless of what John Quincy would have us believe, even hogan missed fairways.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: clutch on September 10, 2013, 06:50:17 pm
Ouch, that's one of the 2 easier par 3's out there. The other 2 can get pretty tough though.
yeah, played 162, it was just a bad swing then overcompensation when not needed.  I was really swinging well up to that point....I think +2 was my score

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: First Tee Frog on September 10, 2013, 11:15:45 pm
On the golf course you can only worry about things you can control.  You have to realize that you can't control the past. You can only control the shot you are about to hit and even then, you can't control the outcome, just the process.  If you hit a bad shot you have to realize it doesn't mean your golf swing is broken and in need of repair. It means you hit a bad shot. Everyone has hit them and everyone will hit them again. Regardless of what John Quincy would have us believe, even hogan missed fairways.
GTFO, now you are just being blasphemous!

;)

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

adding new vids, hopefully better angles....

7i DTL

http://youtu.be/m6pDoPCUNvY

7i FO

http://youtu.be/Rk8nwn08RyA

I sure do swing slow, lol

PP

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: First Tee Frog on September 10, 2013, 11:15:45 pm

Well, we can agree to disagree.  ;D

First Tee Frog

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on September 16, 2013, 07:35:25 am
adding new vids, hopefully better angles....

7i DTL

http://youtu.be/m6pDoPCUNvY

7i FO

http://youtu.be/Rk8nwn08RyA

I sure do swing slow, lol

PP

You definitely do some things ll but clearly some things to address. Right hip is way to high at address.  Need to get that lower at address by kicking your right knee in and moving your left hip toward the target.  That should eliminate the slide that you begin your swing with.  Next your arms suck in behind you and you lose most of the width in your back swing.  You are going to need to feel your arms working out away from you and your right rm styling much straighter. If you can get your arms back in front of you and on plane you should be able to get more shaft lean and a better p6 position and begin to hit the ball much more consistently.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: First Tee Frog on September 16, 2013, 03:07:03 pm
You definitely do some things ll but clearly some things to address. Right hip is way to high at address.  Need to get that lower at address by kicking your right knee in and moving your left hip toward the target.  That should eliminate the slide that you begin your swing with.  Next your arms suck in behind you and you lose most of the width in your back swing.  You are going to need to feel your arms working out away from you and your right rm styling much straighter. If you can get your arms back in front of you and on plane you should be able to get more shaft lean and a better p6 position and begin to hit the ball much more consistently.

explain the hip thing a bit more, please

I noticed that my arms do not say in front of my chest like they should, any tips/drills>

I worked on getting better extension and taking it back more/longer down the line last night.  I was getting a ball impression more out towards the toe, but still in the grooves.  I do have a tendancy to hit the ball in the middle of the face a lot and not in the lower grooves....will your suggestions help with that?

T.I.A.

Pulled out...

First Tee Frog

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on September 17, 2013, 07:51:12 am
explain the hip thing a bit more, please

I noticed that my arms do not say in front of my chest like they should, any tips/drills>

I worked on getting better extension and taking it back more/longer down the line last night.  I was getting a ball impression more out towards the toe, but still in the grooves.  I do have a tendancy to hit the ball in the middle of the face a lot and not in the lower grooves....will your suggestions help with that?

T.I.A.

Pulled out...

Here is a teaching buddy of mine explaining the setup

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QDa_K3RVKno&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DQDa_K3RVKno

To get the arms more front, feel like your hands are moving away from you at a 45 degree angle and your right arm is staying dead straight all as you turn back. Go slow. That should be enough to get the arms in front of you.