Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best things about College Football's Silly Season

Started by Fatty McGee, July 29, 2015, 01:49:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatty McGee

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/2015-college-football-preview-offseason-controversy-power-rankings/

#10:  A&M chancellor Sharp on alcohol at events: "Our athletic program has not reached the point where we require the numbing effects of alcohol."

#3:   Harbaugh on the satellite camp issue:  "To his credit, Harbaugh responded with the best troll job of the offseason, inviting every single coach in the country to speak at Michigan's Exposure U camp in June."
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

NuttinItUp

Shows you how much animosity there still is between the Aggies and Longhorns. It is surprising that they don't play each other every year anymore. Lots of cross-conference teams make it work. (Florida/Florida State, Clemson/South Carolina, Georgia/Georgia Tech, etc.)

bennyl08

Quote from: NuttinItUp on July 29, 2015, 02:21:26 pm
Shows you how much animosity there still is between the Aggies and Longhorns. It is surprising that they don't play each other every year anymore. Lots of cross-conference teams make it work. (Florida/Florida State, Clemson/South Carolina, Georgia/Georgia Tech, etc.)

I think it was Texas who ended it, pouting that they lost their rival.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

NuttinItUp

Quote from: bennyl08 on July 29, 2015, 03:27:11 pm
I think it was Texas who ended it, pouting that they lost their rival.
I think you are right. They were mad they went to the SEC.

GuvHog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on July 29, 2015, 04:07:48 pm
I think you are right. They were mad they went to the SEC.

They were already mad at A&M for balking on that 6 teams to the Pac 10 (at the time) deal. A&M's refusal to go caused the deal to fall through
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

NuttinItUp

Quote from: GuvHog on July 29, 2015, 04:27:39 pm
They were already mad at A&M for balking on that 6 teams to the Pac 10 (at the time) deal. A&M's refusal to go caused the deal to fall through
Quit it, you are making me like A&M too much (for screwing the Longhorns over) and I don't want to.

bigbadhog

Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!