Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CFN Ranks all 128 teams. Enjoy.

Started by Mr. Porkleone, July 28, 2015, 12:52:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzouman

mizzouman

Quote from: ZERO on July 29, 2015, 07:36:49 am
I find it interesting that they said we'd have to split Alabama/LSU and take Ole Miss. Tennessee wasn't even mentioned in the 10–2 prediction.
I read a CFN prediction either last year or year before and they had several teams going .500 against the same opponent.  In other words, the same writer pick a team to win then lose the same game.  Go figure.

ZERO

Quote from: mizzouman on July 29, 2015, 07:40:24 am
I read a CFN prediction either last year or year before and they had several teams going .500 against the same opponent.  In other words, the same writer pick a team to win then lose the same game.  Go figure.

Yeah, I'm sure it's difficult to do something like this for 128 teams without contradicting yourself. I noticed they also had Vanderbilt in the top half of CFB at #59, yet only finishing 4-8.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

razCzar

While appreciating the early hype, no preseason poll worth its salt would have Georgia Tech ranked outside its top 25 (at 42nd).

mizzouman

Quote from: razCzar on July 29, 2015, 08:01:55 am
While appreciating the early hype, no preseason poll worth its salt would have Georgia Tech ranked outside its top 25 (at 42nd).
No preseason poll is worth its salt, period.  It's fun to look at, but polls really shouldn't come out until at least week 5 or 6. 

Preseason polls are writing by very lazy and uninformed writers who have never really stepped foot on any campus let alone interviewed or spoken to a coach.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: mizzouman on July 29, 2015, 08:12:03 am
No preseason poll is worth its salt, period.  It's fun to look at, but polls really shouldn't come out until at least week 5 or 6. 

Preseason polls are writing by very lazy and uninformed writers who have never really stepped foot on any campus let alone interviewed or spoken to a coach.

True, but it's also true that recruiting classes should never be given rankings until 2-3 into that classes college careers.

But fans are fans, and not very logical thinkers for the most part.  Heck, I've read one article already looking at what the 2016 team rankings will look like.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

mizzouman

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on July 29, 2015, 09:28:20 am
True, but it's also true that recruiting classes should never be given rankings until 2-3 into that classes college careers.

But fans are fans, and not very logical thinkers for the most part.  Heck, I've read one article already looking at what the 2016 team rankings will look like.
Agreed.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: ZERO on July 29, 2015, 07:36:49 am
I find it interesting that they said we'd have to split Alabama/LSU and take Ole Miss. Tennessee wasn't even mentioned in the 10–2 prediction.
I took that as... "We expect Arkansas to be 10-2 if they win their home games, BUT if they go 2-1 against Bama, LSU, and Ole Miss, then "look out, could be SEC West champs".

Just my interpretation of course.  I think they see our 2 losses coming from those 3 games but if we can manage to only lose 1.....trip to Atlanta, then who knows where.  Not sure if they just overlooked our trip to Knoxville, or if they just aren't putting much stock into it.