Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Read Comments From Auburn Preview

Started by EulessHog, July 28, 2015, 10:40:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

EulessHog

Go Hogs Go!

KlubhouseKonnected

It would be the first time I was interested in something an Auburn fan had to say...
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Großer Kriegschwein

like every other fanbase, they have the realists and they have the psychos.

I see where they put us as the 6th toughest game they'll have all year. They may change that after our first 5.
This is my non-signature signature.

BorderPatrol

I didn't find those interesting, or very original. I feel they could have come up with something better than fat or cheese cutter.

bp

Cinco de Hogo

LOL!
They must play the top Five teams on the nation and I don't know if any SEC other than Auburn will be ranked in the top five.  That's a heck of a OOC schedule.

scruf

Auburn won't be in our Top 10 Toughest Games this year so who cares? TTech will probably put up more of a fight.

JoeyCapital

Quote from: scruf on July 28, 2015, 11:46:32 am
Auburn won't be in our Top 10 Toughest Games this year so who cares? TTech will probably put up more of a fight.
Really?

I understand if you're expecting half their squad to be found ineligible, but if not there's a ton of talent there.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

AugustaHog

They seem to think we will be a push over on the DL because we lost Philon and Trey.  I will concede the fact that we need to find guys to fill those voids, but our overall DL depth will be much better.  I would expect Bijohn and some of the mid-term new guys (Hjalte, Ledbetter, and Dean) to add to this.  Not to mention, Taiwan has a full year under his belt of being the guy in the middle of a SEC line.  I'm not terribly concerned about our DL, especially for the AU game which is in the middle of the schedule.  We should have any defensive kinks worked out by then and meet them with a tough D.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: golf2day on July 28, 2015, 12:05:52 pm
Really?

I understand if you're expecting half their squad to be found ineligible, but if not there's a ton of talent there.

On the Defensive side of the ball, they really only have 2 players with some talent who have collegiate playing experience, and those 2 are Carl Lawson and Montravius Adams, and neither of them are elite.

Byron Cowart is a true Freshman.  Tough for true Freshmen DEs to be dominate right off the bat at the major collegiate level.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on July 28, 2015, 12:37:13 pm
On the Defensive side of the ball, they really only have 2 players with some talent who have collegiate playing experience, and those 2 are Carl Lawson and Montravius Adams, and neither of them are elite.

Byron Cowart is a true Freshman.  Tough for true Freshmen DEs to be dominate right off the bat at the major collegiate level.

Based on last years showing.  Muschump has the same number of games we have to iron out the wrinkles.  The big question on our minds is how successful will he be.

AugustaHog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on July 28, 2015, 12:37:13 pm

I don't disagree with your statements about it being tough on true FR DEs, but Cowart is an elite guy.  By the time they get to Fayetteville, he will have his feet wet.  As for Lawson and Adams, they are both studs and will likely thrive under Muschamp.  I'm not buying AU turning into the 85 Bears D overnight, but you can't deny there is talent and athleticism on their roster.  Whether the kids have the instincts or are put into positions to thrive, we shall see.

Großer Kriegschwein

Our first 3 series on Defense will be critical. Keep them short and sweet.
This is my non-signature signature.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: AugustaHog on July 28, 2015, 12:45:43 pm
I don't disagree with your statements about it being tough on true FR DEs, but Cowart is an elite guy.  By the time they get to Fayetteville, he will have his feet wet.  As for Lawson and Adams, they are both studs and will likely thrive under Muschamp.  I'm not buying AU turning into the 85 Bears D overnight, but you can't deny there is talent and athleticism on their roster.  Whether the kids have the instincts or are put into positions to thrive, we shall see.

Lawson hasn't played in over a year.

It will be difficult for Adams because their other DT won't cause much problems for the opposing Offensive Linemen.  If their other DT was high level, then Adams could cause some havoc, but Offensive Linemen should be able to handle just Adams on the interior of their DL.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 28, 2015, 12:44:20 pm
Based on last years showing.  Muschump has the same number of games we have to iron out the wrinkles.  The big question on our minds is how successful will he be.

It's going to be really interesting to see if Gus continues to be willing to modify his practice of the HUNH.

Last year he made a significant change in his decisions to run fast pace, and backed off from the total commitment to it.  He did this because, as I've said many times, that pace will kill your defense.

But this year, now that they have the greatest defensive coordinator to ever run a college defense, is Gus going to try to run that HUNH at it's full "glory" again, or will he continue to find a happy balance.

It's going to be interesting to see, at any rate.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858