Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret Bielema: "It’s kind of nice to be a dinosaur"

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, July 28, 2015, 06:08:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

870hogfan

Just to bad Arkansas doesn't have an Big 10 schedule.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: LRRandy on July 28, 2015, 06:44:19 pm
cleopatra is not the only queen of denial. Making excuses that he poor wittle defenders got tired is just whine bag delusion. The defense couldn't step up in the 4th quarter.....again. That was my whole point in my earlier post. Excuses or not, you made my point. Thanx

If I had wanted to make excuses, I could have been more creative than just telling the truth of the matter.
Go Hogs Go!

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: AugustaHog on July 28, 2015, 06:31:23 pm
We didn't sustain a drive at all in the second half of that Mizzou game which certainly hurt the defense's ability to stop Mizzou.  With a healthy BA in that game, I think we win by 2 TD's and our D would not have wilted like it did late.

Correct. Anyone (OSU Troll) that thinks our defense had no valid reason to be tired after being left on the field for the most part of the second half is being dishonest. The offensive play calling (7 passes in a row when it was clear that BA could not pass) was beyond incompetent.

"As a coach you're always dwelling on the things you want to do better," Chaney said on Dec. 10. "I'm proud of the fact I think our kids show up and play every week. They play very hard. We've gotten better and cut down on our mistakes we feel like. We're a long way from where we want to be from a production standpoint, but for the most part, as a coach, if you hang your hat on them playing hard and doing what you're asking them to do at the best of their abilities you're comfortable with that. ..."I'm not comfortable where we need to be with production. We need to score more than we've been able to get done some games. We'll continue to work on that.
"The task will be reserved for Arkansas' next offensive coordinator - See more at: http:// [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com/sports/chaney-leaves-arkansas-pittsburgh-position#sthash.RSUUQyrb.dpuf

Glad we play hard and glad CDE is here.

" GO HOGS "

LRRandy

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on July 28, 2015, 06:59:55 pm
Correct. Anyone (OSU Troll) that thinks our defense had no valid reason to be tired after being left on the field for the most part of the second half is being dishonest. The offensive play calling (7 passes in a row when it was clear that BA could not pass) was beyond incompetent.

"As a coach you're always dwelling on the things you want to do better," Chaney said on Dec. 10. "I'm proud of the fact I think our kids show up and play every week. They play very hard. We've gotten better and cut down on our mistakes we feel like. We're a long way from where we want to be from a production standpoint, but for the most part, as a coach, if you hang your hat on them playing hard and doing what you're asking them to do at the best of their abilities you're comfortable with that. ..."I'm not comfortable where we need to be with production. We need to score more than we've been able to get done some games. We'll continue to work on that.
"The task will be reserved for Arkansas' next offensive coordinator - See more at: http:// [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com/sports/chaney-leaves-arkansas-pittsburgh-position#sthash.RSUUQyrb.dpuf

Glad we play hard and glad CDE is here.

" GO HOGS "
i would submit the incompetence from the coaching staff was not having another QB developed enough to put in the game, after 12 games to prepare him, when you have an injury prone starter. That's not on Chaney.
This is fun, isn't it.

ricepig

Quote from: LRRandy on July 28, 2015, 07:48:43 pm
i would submit the incompetence from the coaching staff was not having another QB developed enough to put in the game, after 12 games to prepare him, when you have an injury prone starter. That's not on Chaney.

@SportsTalkwBo: Enos: "You've got to have two quarterbacks ready. We want to have three ready. ... It's crucial. It's made or broken a lot of seasons."

MuskogeeHogFan

Well that is at least, partially wrong. That's like saying that it isn't the responsibility of the O-line coach or the D-Line coach to develop qualified back ups for the starters. Of course the "buck' stops with the HC as it should, but he can't run around being directly involved in developing qualified depth in position drills and meetings. So you can say that isn't on Chaney as much as you want, but that doesn't make it true. And yes, it is on Bielema as well.
Go Hogs Go!

LRRandy

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 28, 2015, 08:23:25 pm
Well that is at least, partially wrong. That's like saying that it isn't the responsibility of the O-line coach or the D-Line coach to develop qualified back ups for the starters. Of course the "buck' stops with the HC as it should, but he can't run around being directly involved in developing qualified depth in position drills and meetings. So you can say that isn't on Chaney as much as you want, but that doesn't make it true. And yes, it is on Bielema as well.
youre right. For me to say it's not on Chaney may seem like I'm saying he had no responsibility. Of course he should shoulder some of the blame.  I was laying it on Bielenms feet. Ricepigs quote of Enos would  lead you to believe they are working on not being in that position again. It would surprise me if the second string qb  didn't need to be called upon for more than just mop up at some point this season.
This is fun, isn't it.

Hawgzinbowlz

It is on Chaney. He is both the QB coach and called the plays in the 2nd half against Missouri. He did not put AA in after Austin performed adequately against OM. That is on Chaney. CJC called 7 passes in a row, in the 2nd half, after BA could barely crawl up off of the field and stand upright (when BAs passes were ALL high and off target). That was on Chaney.
Quote from: LRRandy on July 28, 2015, 06:44:19 pm
cleopatra is not the only queen of denial. Making excuses that he poor wittle defenders got tired is just whine bag delusion. The defense couldn't step up in the 4th quarter.....again. That was my whole point in my earlier post. Excuses or not, you made my point. Thanx
Your above post is another example of your OSU trolling and taking a dig at The Hogs at every opportunity. The follow up about Chaney not being responsible for the QB development and play calling is both inaccurate and obtuse. I expect nothing less from an Ohio State fan.

" GO HOGS "

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: bigbadhog on July 28, 2015, 01:12:48 pm
I didn't say he just ran the spread last year.  He changed philosophy and went to a more aggressive air raid last year and it worked...

Not hard to do when their whole conf plays flag football

mhsbc59

I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

jkstock04

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on July 28, 2015, 08:03:52 am
From the middle of the 3rd quarter on I think it will be very difficult for finesse teams to sustain our style as we practice physical, smash mouth during every practice. It will take a very athletic and mentally tough finesse team to hang with us after we're built like CBB intends.  "GO HOGS"
From what I've witnessed thus far the middle of the 3rd quarter on is when we wear out and can't hang....our offense and O-line in particular. Hopefully we see this improve.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

MissippHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on July 28, 2015, 11:42:06 pm
From what I've witnessed thus far the middle of the 3rd quarter on is when we wear out and can't hang....our offense and O-line in particular. Hopefully we see this improve.
It all comes down to building quality depth across both sides of the ball, especially in the trenches.  I feel we may still be a year or two away from getting it to CBB's standards.  However, heading into this season, we are miles ahead of where we were this time last year. 

duckman

Quote from: threeNout on July 28, 2015, 05:42:22 pm
good post Musk.

If someone wants to photshop Gus's face onto this guy,  it would be OK.

How bout this?

MissippHog

Quote from: duckman on July 29, 2015, 03:50:27 am
How bout this?
I'm gonna go ahead and +1 that pic duckman, but just know that you failed to incorporate pine cones, chicken nuggets, and a mockingbird.  ;)

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: jkstock04 on July 28, 2015, 11:42:06 pm
Exactly. As my post, that you quoted states, "...after we're built like CBB intends ". We were not completely built to play our style of play in '14 and it appears we will be in a better position, with more depth, this coming season.

" GO HOGS "

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on July 29, 2015, 06:01:18 am
Exactly. As my post, that you quoted states, "...after we're built like CBB intends ". We were not completely built to play our style of play in '14 and it appears we will be in a better position, with more depth, this coming season.

" GO HOGS "

I'm looking forward to seeing how quickly Pittman and Hargreaves have developed talented depth at their individual position areas.
Go Hogs Go!

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 29, 2015, 08:02:54 am
I'm looking forward to seeing how quickly Pittman and Hargreaves have developed talented depth at their individual position areas.
I agree. Pittman's track record makes me think we will be fine on the OL (minus injury).
Coach Hargreaves seems to go about his business in a quiet manner and our results last year (Martrell Spaight's development and our overall play) gives optimism that we'll be OK at LB, again, without injuries. It's not an optimum position to be in but some freshmen linebackers will need to step up.

" GO HOGS "

Bigdavis

Quote from: bigbadhog on July 28, 2015, 01:05:25 pm
Because he is an example of a defensive minded head coach who is smart enough to change is offensive philosophy and stay with the times.  And yes, I would have preferred him to Beliema 1000 times over...

Did he apply for our job and we turned him down or something? What good does it do to make comments like that when we probably never had a chance at him anyway? He's been offered other jobs and always turns them down.