Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

S. Carolina writer has the Hogs challenging for the West title

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, July 27, 2015, 07:29:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Josh Kendall, a beat writer for gogamecocks.com has the Hogs challenging for the SEC West division title, ahead of Alabama, and Missouri contending for the East. If this plays out it could make the game with Missouri the day after Thanksgiving, a hugely meaningful game with the nation watching.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/josh-kendall-blog/article27348322.html

Go Hogs Go!

Hog N Bama

I think he has aTm too low and SC too high IMO. I think aTm will finish ahead of Miss and LSU.

Vildsvin

Im currently working on an article that has Vandy winning the east..

After that Im going to write an article about SEC expansion adding Baylor and Clemson

Hawgzinbowlz

I'm not surprised. On a sports talk show the host said that he was speaking with some SEC Coach's, off the record, and they said Arkansas is coming on. Every SECW team has issues and our list is short.  "GO HOGS"

Biggus Piggus

All the Gamecocks' beat writers are under pressure from the OBC to quit rating South Carolina low in their preseason predictions.
[CENSORED]!

hogcard1964

In the West he has

Auburn
Ark
Bama
Ole Miss
LSU
A & M
Miss St

I'd flip Bama and Auburn and LSU and Ole Miss.

In the West he has:

UGA
Mizzou
South Carolina
Tenner
Kent
Florida
Vandy

I have this:

UGA
Tenner
SC
Mizzou
Tenner
Kent
Fla
Vandy

JayBell

I'm getting the same feeling I had before the 2012 season.  I know the circumstances are remarkably different, but I get nervous when it feels like everybody is jumping on the bandwagon.

hogcard1964

Quote from: JayBell on July 27, 2015, 09:42:44 am
I'm getting the same feeling I had before the 2012 season.  I know the circumstances are remarkably different, but I get nervous when it feels like everybody is jumping on the bandwagon.

No, we now have a sane and very good coach.

GuvHog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on July 27, 2015, 08:20:44 am
In the West he has

Auburn
Ark
Bama
Ole Miss
LSU
A & M
Miss St

I'd flip Bama and Auburn and LSU and Ole Miss.

In the West he has:

UGA
Mizzou
South Carolina
Tenner
Kent
Florida
Vandy

I have this:

UGA
Tenner
SC
Mizzou
Tenner
Kent
Fla
Vandy

I agree with your East prediction but in the West, I have:

Auburn
Arkansas
Alabama
LSU
A&M
Ole Miss
Miss. State
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hogcard1964

Quote from: GuvHog on July 27, 2015, 10:00:55 am
I agree with your East prediction but in the West, I have:

Auburn
Arkansas
Alabama
LSU
A&M
Ole Miss
Miss. State

I don't know but I think we're going to knock the snot out of Auburn this year.

GuvHog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on July 27, 2015, 10:06:55 am

That wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit. I'd love to see that happen.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

gmarv

JayBell

Quote from: hogcard1964 on July 27, 2015, 10:06:55 amI don't know but I think we're going to knock the snot out of Auburn this year.

Yeah, I don't understand all the people saying Arkansas has no chance against Auburn...at home...after a week off.  The secondary was completely transformed by the middle of last season.  Johnson doesn't go off like he did if they had played later in the year.

JayBell

Quote from: hogcard1964 on July 27, 2015, 09:53:34 amNo, we now have a sane and very good coach.

Oh I know.  Just saying, Arkansas has burned me a few times before.  This much positivity makes me nervous.  It makes me think more about the let downs than the good seasons.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hogcard1964 on July 27, 2015, 10:06:55 am

You know, I just had to turn down participating in a big customer's golf tournament on that date. I'm still going to sponsor it, may even go ahead and sponsor a team, but as if I am going to miss the Auburn game in Fayetteville this year for a golf tournament? Uh no. I love to play golf anytime, but I sure as heck am not missing this game.

I want to see us curb stomp them.
Go Hogs Go!

AugustaHog

Quote from: JayBell on July 27, 2015, 09:42:44 am
I totally see where you are coming from here.  I remember talking myself into believing that JLS wasn't truly a nutjob senile old man.  This year we have the talent and the coaching that we lacked that season,  though.  Whether we get the bounces to go our way vs. a really nasty schedule will be the key.  Last year we were unlucky to only get 7 wins.  If we flip that on its head, 10-11 wins may be possible.

AugustaHog

Quote from: JayBell on July 27, 2015, 10:41:35 am
Oh I know.  Just saying, Arkansas has burned me a few times before.  This much positivity makes me nervous.  It makes me think more about the let downs than the good seasons.
Being an Arkansas fan has been a very tough existence.  We have rarely, in my lifetime (born in 1984), had sustained success.  It seems like we have some of our better years out of the blue and when we are touted we flop.  Granted, during my lifetime, we have seen the likes of Joe Kines, Jack Crowe, Danny Ford (post-Clemson), Houston Nutt, and John L Smith. 

HotlantaHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 27, 2015, 08:13:02 am
All the Gamecocks' beat writers are under pressure from the OBC to quit rating South Carolina low in their preseason predictions.
Maybe so, though you'd always rather outperform low expectations than underperform high expectations. So very short sighted by the Ole Ball Coach if so.