Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mallett on HBO

Started by Poker_hog, July 26, 2015, 11:40:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Poker_hog

Hard knocks will be in Houston this year.  It's a really good show that will be even better this year sence mallet will be competing for the starting qb spot.  I'm so ready for football season.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Professor Psychosis

July 26, 2015, 01:01:57 pm #1 Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 01:50:37 pm by Professor Psychosis
Do you know when the first episode premiers?  Isn't it usually late August?

Edit:  Found out it's August 11th.

HogWall Jackson

July 26, 2015, 04:57:52 pm #2 Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 05:37:01 pm by HogWall Jackson
Quote from: Poker_hog on July 26, 2015, 11:40:42 am
Hard knocks will be in Houston this year.  It's a really good show that will be even better this year sence mallet will be competing for the starting qb spot.  I'm so ready for football season.

Bill Obrien, the H.C. of N.E. Lite (A.K.A. The Texans) supposedly will declare Brian Hoyer, the starter early in Cam. It keeps wit a Texans Tradition, David Carr, Matt Schaub, Grizzlie Adams and now Brian Hoyer. This Franchise has never had an NFL QB and will remain true to that Tradition with Hoyer. Mallett does not execute Coach Obrien's favorite play well enough to Start. RN does not have consistent Touch while throwing the 3 yard out pattern. Mallett prefers to take shots from 12 to 50 yards down field. This New England Lite team only has one WR that can get there, Hopkins. The TEs are glorified Tackles. NE Lite Bright spots, they should have a good Defense. I live in Houston and will not waste much time here.

Footnote: Ryan Fitzpatrick = Grizzle Adams.

hoglady

Wonder how Mallett's recovery is coming along?
Anyone know how long he's been throwing and whether the injury has had an affect on his velocity.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hawgmasta

Quote from: hoglady on July 26, 2015, 08:16:17 pm
Wonder how Mallett's recovery is coming along?
Anyone know how long he's been throwing and whether the injury has had an affect on his velocity.

Bump this. Even googling it I don't see many recent updated progress reports on his injury. I can't see Hoyer beating out Mallett in the long run, but, he does have quite a bit more game experience and is not terrible at any one thing. Hoyer is also not particularly great at anything. Mallett I believe is GREAT (well above average) at arm strength and reading defenses and processing it quickly at game speed.

I've heard that his injury can take up to a full year or so to completely recover. Anyone have any insight on the average time it takes to recover from it?

HogWall Jackson

Quote from: hawgmasta on July 26, 2015, 08:56:07 pm
Bump this. Even googling it I don't see many recent updated progress reports on his injury. I can't see Hoyer beating out Mallett in the long run, but, he does have quite a bit more game experience and is not terrible at any one thing. Hoyer is also not particularly great at anything. Mallett I believe is GREAT (well above average) at arm strength and reading defenses and processing it quickly at game speed.

I've heard that his injury can take up to a full year or so to completely recover. Anyone have any insight on the average time it takes to recover from it?

Bill Obrien will release No information and will not allow Ryan Mallett to comment on the injury. He is Bill Belli-Cheat Jr. People here in Houston want RM not another Stiff like Hoyer, Fitzpatrick or Schaub. All QBs with Rubber Arms.

seasonhog

Quote from: HogWall Jackson on July 26, 2015, 09:39:01 pm
Bill Obrien will release No information and will not allow Ryan Mallett to comment on the injury. He is Bill Belli-Cheat Jr. People here in Houston want RM not another Stiff like Hoyer, Fitzpatrick or Schaub. All QBs with Rubber Arms.

Mallett arm is fine........if O'B start Hoyer he will catch ---- from the fans who want Mallett at qb........about 80% of the fans.

On 11-16-2014 there was a competiton in Cleveland between Hoyer & Mallett......it was no contest.

If Hoyer start......Ryan was fed a bunch of bull from B O'

HogWall Jackson

Quote from: seasonhog on July 26, 2015, 10:26:45 pm

Mallett arm is fine........if O'B start Hoyer he will catch ---- from the fans who want Mallett at qb........about 80% of the fans.

On 11-16-2014 there was a competiton in Cleveland between Hoyer & Mallett......it was no contest.

If Hoyer start......Ryan was fed a bunch of bull from B O'

All inside projections are for Hoyer to be the starter. You are correct about the fans favoring RM who was also the favorite of #80 Andre Johnson who has been released and picked up by Indy. John Mc Clain the beat writer for the Texans and the Oilers before that for over 30 years says that Hoyer will be given the Nod early on in camp. Hoyer is being paid substantially more than RM. BTW the word in Houston was that RM was injured in the Weight Room just after the Cleveland Game; it was not an on the field injury. That report was neither confirmed nor denied by Obrien and the Texans. It was obvious from the opening snap of the Cincinnati Game that RM was off as his release was high and every ball floated High and off target. The Texan Fans have already made their assessment of Hoyer and want to see if RM has an upside? Hoyer fits right in with all of the other Texan QBs: Carr, Schaub, Fitzpatrick and now Hoyer.

hoglady

Hoyer may beat out Mallet in practice in shorts.
Plus Mallett has gone months without throwing a football.
But when the pads go on, the lights come on - I would want Mallett.
We've seen Hoyer's upside - Mallett's has yet to be seen.
I always thought O'Brien would start Hoyer based on what he's being paid.
O'Brien when he was with NE chose Hoyer over Mallett for QB #2.
Mallett beat out Hoyer once O'Brien left.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hawgsalot

Quote from: HogWall Jackson on July 26, 2015, 09:39:01 pm

Wait Mallett has already gone through OTAs with no restrictions???

hoglady

Quote from: hawgsalot on July 27, 2015, 12:28:25 pm
Wait Mallett has already gone through OTAs with no restrictions???

I did read last night that Mallett did go through the OTA's.
One comment from him was about it being good to be back on the field it had been so long since he had thrown a football. It sounded like he started throwing again in June. But I've read nothing about whether he's 100% or not.

dsgreen

Quote from: HogWall Jackson on July 27, 2015, 07:09:03 am
Hoyer fits right in with all of the other Texan QBs: Carr, Schaub, Fitzpatrick and now Hoyer.

I definitely see why they would want to go with the status quo, a lot of history of winning seasons and division championships there.