Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When the racks go up. The freaks come out.

Started by FreshHog, July 24, 2015, 03:54:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

If you look at the 00:50 mark of the video, who is the white kid standing just behind the guy lifting? Is that Peavey? If it is, man that kid is looking good. Looks like he has bulked up some.
Go Hogs Go!

farmhawg

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 24, 2015, 07:19:28 pm
Was so pumped I went out and squatted a Jim Chaney
Then went to the emergency room.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

PonderinHog

Was Herbert wearing war paint?  These guys want to know.

Boarcephus

I just know I'm glad my playing days are over because I'd get hurt playing against guys like that. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 25, 2015, 06:04:56 am
If you look at the 00:50 mark of the video, who is the white kid standing just behind the guy lifting? Is that Peavey? If it is, man that kid is looking good. Looks like he has bulked up some.
Was it Ellis?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: Boarcephus on July 25, 2015, 07:21:39 am
I just know I'm glad my playing days are over because I'd get hurt playing against guys like that.
No kidding.

My pops played LB for the hogs in the early 70's. He was 6'1" and about 215. The fastest time he ever ran the 40 was 5.0, but he wasn't slow in comparison. He said if a lineman was 240+ he was a big dude, and for a back to be 200+ was pretty rare.

It's unbelievable how much the game has changed.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

MuskogeeHogFan

July 25, 2015, 08:31:15 am #56 Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 08:43:05 am by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on July 25, 2015, 08:22:28 am
Was it Ellis?

Edit: No, I don't think it was Brooks Ellis. This kid wasn't that big.
Go Hogs Go!

The NewEra

Yes, that is Peavey.  I recognize his face.  He has certainly buffed up.

BadHog

Peavey's arm.

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: BadHog on July 25, 2015, 10:09:44 am
Peavey's arm.

Ha, ha, don't know about that but he certainly appears to have bulked up some.
Go Hogs Go!

GolfnHog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on July 24, 2015, 11:23:18 pm
Very impressive.  BUT...any slight assistance on the upper body from the spot Herbert was giving makes a HUGE different in your ability to get that weight up.  Now...I couldn't tell how much, or if he was helping at all on some of those, but it would be more impressive if they were doing it completely unassisted.  It's just not worth the risk, and I get that. 

I loved the attitude and the environment more than anything else.  That was just a cool video.   :razorback:   

I watched what you are alluding to but IMO it appears he is keeping both hands lightly on the lifters chest but not assisting in the effort of the lifter so that they maintain form and don't tilt forward to create a potential injury.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Jek Tono Porkins

Just goes to show how important development us and the difference between high school and SEC play. Bijhon Jackson was squatting 550lbs in high school. Basically after 1 year in the program he's squatting 705, evidently with ease. Only a sophomore. I think he is going to be a dominant defensive lineman.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

nchogg

Coach Herb is a hands on players coach. He pushes to the limit and players want to impress him. Good work team. Go Hogs!

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Dirty

Andrew Hogfan

I've watched it 5 times now. I love it. I only saw one dude that I thought got any help from the spotter(Kirkland). J will and K Waliker very impressive. Awesome video.
WPS!!!

Kevin

Love coach herb and the war paint.  Nice work players
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

VBHOG

I was disappointed in the video but I think it was because I misunderstood the word "racks".  Other than that it was great.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 24, 2015, 07:19:28 pm
Was so pumped I went out and squatted a Jim Chaney
Quote from: Bret Squealema on July 24, 2015, 07:49:14 pm
I sure hope you flushed.

I bet if he squatted a Chaney, he thought about just flushing and being done, but inexplicably passed the toilet three times in a row and had to punt instead.

mhsbc59

I was a 625lb squater back in my college days. But I was not D1 so I don't feel that bad lol
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

WorfHog

I just Dan Skipper'd today, very imposing man.

supersaint

This thread title could also apply to Dickson Street.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 25, 2015, 07:20:05 am
Was Herbert wearing war paint?  These guys want to know.

yeah i just watched it on the 55" 4k screen and he was indeed wearing warpaint. Coach frikkin Herb, man!@!!!!!!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

PorkSoda

I wonder if there were any personal bests that night.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: PorkSoda on July 27, 2015, 09:50:26 pm
I wonder if there were any personal bests that night.
Slight amendment: I wonder if there WEREN'T any personal bests that night.

hawgaddict01

I know this is off topic but I saw Cordale Boyde and Demarcus Hodge looking like SEC caliber men in the video. But haven't heard much about them. Does anyone know if they are expecting to craft the two deep or see some significant playing time? The he more big nasty types like those two up from the better.

PorkSoda

demarcus hodge was listed on the the spring 2 deep at DT.  should be interesting to see if they make a push in the fall.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Theolesnort

Hodge is teamed up with T Johnson at the #1 inside spots on the defensive line so far. He played almost as as much there as anyone last season too. How did you miss him?
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

The Kig

Having a point of reference with regards to how these guys compare to other guys at their positions makes this even more impressive.  The lists showed a guy here or there that was close/equal, but we have an entire group on one team that could have been "the list".

The marketing of this was the packaging, scene, the war paint, the music, etc.  The product is the results of coming to Arkansas and going through Herb's strength and conditioning program, which every recruit needs to see. 

Woo Pig
Poker Porker