Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When the racks go up. The freaks come out.

Started by FreshHog, July 24, 2015, 03:54:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mhsbc59

I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

ArkansasI

ChiTown27

Ok, WHY would a recruit not want to come here? Top to bottom, this program is awesome. That video got me pumped.
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

thefisher

I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

chitwnhog

JackJohnson

Wise at 6-6 with those extremely long legs being able to squat 650 in crazy.  Jackson and Hodge our two anchors at the tilt at 325 lbs and 340 lbs and squatting 705...yikes

GB-Razorback

Holy Crap that is amazing!  Makes you want to hit something.
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

CokeHog

Go Hogs!

Laughing Hog

"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

CokeHog

Go Hogs!

ChiTown27

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 24, 2015, 04:40:02 pm
Wise at 6-6 with those extremely long legs being able to squat 650 in crazy.  Jackson and Hodge our two anchors at the tilt at 325 lbs and 340 lbs and squatting 705...yikes

Just put you at the 1,500 applaud mark. Good points. Our D-line is going to be awesome!
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

TomasPistola

People can say what they want about Jeff Long, but that man has brought in people that know how to produce video content that accentuates what we do behind the scenes as well as any school in the country. It wasn't that many years ago that the video content looked like it was being produced by a high school AV club. Man I'm pumped. Go Hogs.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

GB-Razorback

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on July 24, 2015, 05:13:03 pm
That was borderline erotic.

Like the end of a certain bowl game against a certain team.
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: FreshHog on July 24, 2015, 03:54:14 pm

https://youtu.be/DOXJM8tJZb0
Dang!! There were some (almost) unbelievable weights being lifted on that clip. One that really impressed me was Kody Walker and 655 pounds!!! Lord, even as massive as many of those defensive opponents are that would be some strength to have to meet in the hole. :D :) ;D :razorback:

Pancetta

Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

PonderinHog

GB-Razorback

I have to ask because I really don't know ... are these extraordinary result for the Hogs? for College Football? or at all?  I know it might be a stupid question but if the players at Kentucky and North Carolina State and UCLA are doing the same thing then it is just marketing (which I am 100% fine with).

TexHog188

"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: FreshHog on July 24, 2015, 03:54:14 pm

https://youtu.be/DOXJM8tJZb0

Awesome. The sacrifices and gains made in the off season develop pride and an attitude of never giving in, never giving up that pay huge dividends during the regular season. Love what this staff is doing with these kids.
Go Hogs Go!

dsgreen

Quote from: GB-Razorback on July 24, 2015, 06:06:42 pm
I have to ask because I really don't know ... are these extraordinary result for the Hogs? for College Football? or at all?  I know it might be a stupid question but if the players at Kentucky and North Carolina State and UCLA are doing the same thing then it is just marketing (which I am 100% fine with).

I wasn't sure either so I did some research and it seems to be pretty impressive.  Most guys are doing above the average at their position.  I was surprised to see linebackers normally squat more than offensive lineman.  The squat record at Wisconsin as of 2013 was 770 lbs.

A few squat numbers that were listed as impressive for future draft picks is here and most seem lower than our guys' numbers.  http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap2000000354297

I've never typed squat so many times.

edit: Here is another good article.  http://www.muscleprodigy.com/strongest-college-football-players/

700 seems to be the benchmark for a damn good squat, very few are mentioned at going higher.   So I guess that 770 lb squat is like running a 4.3 40. 

Dwight_K_Shrute

Was so pumped I went out and squatted a Jim Chaney
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Boarmonger

Pigasaurus

"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Boarmonger on July 24, 2015, 07:23:20 pm
I think we don't pay Herb enough...

Herb doesn't need money or food for that matter. He is a T-800 sent back from the future by Brett Bielema III to transform the Razorbacks into national champions, and possibly expose Reverend Frosted Tips as the anti-Christ but I'm just spitballing on that one
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

SquidBilly

They would have squatted more if our field was real grass.

SquidBilly

clutch

Quote from: GB-Razorback on July 24, 2015, 06:06:42 pm

700+ is a very impressive squat for anyone. The 400+ single leg squats JWill was doing is extremely impressive too.

clutch

ThisTeetsTaken

Josh Liddell!  A Sophomore CB putting up 550 big ones! WOW!
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

bell2629

Please Lord, I try not to ask much, but at least one time this season let me see a DB try to tackle Kody Walker alone.
Praise the Lard!

ARtillahog

Quote from: bell2629 on July 24, 2015, 08:07:09 pm
Please Lord, I try not to ask much, but at least one time this season let me see a DB try to tackle Kody Walker alone.
Watch, he'll truck the DE and a LB only to get tripped by the DB running for his life.

Rooka

Watched the video and promptly went to my garage and lifted my truck over my head, and ripped my shirt Hogan style. Now I'm on my way to the ER with the fight song blaring, shirtless, and a hernia the size of a grapefruit.

:razorback: :razorback:

HVHog

Coach Herb is awesome!  If you watch game replays he's on the sidelines cheering like crazy and is always there to pick the boys up on the sideline after a good catch or tackle, and is pumping them up.  Awesome.

Boarmonger

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 24, 2015, 07:38:42 pm
Herb doesn't need money or food for that matter. He is a T-800 sent back from the future by Brett Bielema III to transform the Razorbacks into national champions, and possibly expose Reverend Frosted Tips as the anti-Christ but I'm just spitballing on that one

:). +1

Pancetta

Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

John Futrall

Razor6

I'm ready to go bench press all of my family right now!
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

sowmonella

Quote from: Rooka on July 24, 2015, 08:18:54 pm
Watched the video and promptly went to my garage and lifted my truck over my head, and ripped my shirt Hogan style. Now I'm on my way to the ER with the fight song blaring, shirtless, and a hernia the size of a grapefruit.

+1  I'm still laughing at this.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

HogFan219

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on July 24, 2015, 05:36:13 pm
One that really impressed me was Kody Walker and 655 pounds!!!

Imagine after our O-line, JW and AC have been pounding a defense for 3 quarters with efficient play action passes mixed in, and then that tired D that's dragging arse sees Kody come in with fresh legs in the 4Q like a wrecking ball. This is what keeps DCs awake at night. Replicate THAT in practice.

HogFan219

Quote from: Rooka on July 24, 2015, 08:18:54 pm

This. Is. Awesome.

southarkhog06

I need to pick up heavy things right now!!!!

rowdyhog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 24, 2015, 07:19:28 pm
Was so pumped I went out and squatted a Jim Chaney

That's funny, I don't care who you are

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on July 24, 2015, 08:01:16 pm
Josh Liddell!  A Sophomore CB putting up 550 big ones! WOW!
For some reason that one caught my eye, too.

Quote from: bphi11ips on July 24, 2015, 10:15:22 pm
Why yes, yes we are.

Dayum. 
RELEASE THE FREAKS!   :razorback:

urkillnmesmalls

Very impressive.  BUT...any slight assistance on the upper body from the spot Herbert was giving makes a HUGE different in your ability to get that weight up.  Now...I couldn't tell how much, or if he was helping at all on some of those, but it would be more impressive if they were doing it completely unassisted.  It's just not worth the risk, and I get that. 

I loved the attitude and the environment more than anything else.  That was just a cool video.   :razorback:   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Let Oregon market to the fashion/gimmick nerds if they want.
I'll be more than happy with the kids that this type of video markets to.

Great vid.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

hawgmasta

Holy $&*%!!!! That's impressive and inspirational dare I say!

Sivad

After seeing that, Charlie Strong has changed his mind about wanting a rematch.