Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Southwest Classic Tickets on Sale today

Started by NuttinItUp, July 23, 2015, 09:38:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

rhames

They've been on sale since like April. I got mine in early May.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: rhames on July 24, 2015, 05:32:53 pm
They've been on sale since like April. I got mine in early May.
Hmm, not sure. Both the above links said they went on sale yesterday. (News report and the official link on the dallascowboys.com site)

Maybe just general admission tickets or something went on sale? (They both say "on sale to the public", so maybe if you had a way of getting them early through donations or something, you could get them earlier.)

Edit: Also, if you go to Ticketmaster, it says "Start: Thu, 07/23/15 10:00 AM CDT" for "Onsale to General Public".

rhames

Quote from: NuttinItUp on July 24, 2015, 05:47:27 pm
Hmm, not sure. Both the above links said they went on sale yesterday. (News report and the official link on the dallascowboys.com site)

Maybe just general admission tickets or something went on sale? (They both say "on sale to the public", so maybe if you had a way of getting them early through donations or something, you could get them earlier.)

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. Everything left over from what the schools didn't use perhaps?

I do know I'm excited. Never been to the house jerry built. May stay for the boys vs the Falcons!!

Funny note the ticket office called me a few days ago asking if I wanted to buy more or knew of anyone who did. Maybe they had to turn their leftovers in?

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: rhames on July 24, 2015, 05:53:40 pm

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. Everything left over from what the schools didn't use perhaps?

I do know I'm excited. Never been to the house jerry built. May stay for the boys vs the Falcons!!
Oh sweet. Is that being played the next day? (Sun, Sep 27, 2015)

NuttinItUp

Funny note the ticket office called me a few days ago asking if I wanted to buy more or knew of anyone who did. Maybe they had to turn their leftovers in?
Possibly. Will you be seated with other Hog fans?
Do you know if there are usually more Aggie or Hog fans that attend?

Mike Irwin

I do know I'm excited. Never been to the house jerry built.
You won't be disappointed. That place is amazing.

Hawgzinbowlz

We purchased ours through the Razorback Ticket Center on June the 27th.

Taking the wife, son and his fiancée.

Looking forward to seeing 'Jerry's World' and tailgating in lot 10 (the season ticketholders next to us in DWRRS tailgate there).

I think a win in the A&M game, because it's the first SEC game, is as important as any, so we can get this season rolling.

" GO HOGS "

NuttinItUp

What is the usual percentage split Aggies/Hog fans? Is it 50/50 or does it favor us or them usually in Arlington?

rhames

Quote from: NuttinItUp on July 24, 2015, 07:59:00 pm
What is the usual percentage split Aggies/Hog fans? Is it 50/50 or does it favor us or them usually in Arlington?

I think it's usually 50/50

Yes we are in the razorback section.  They sent me an email showing how the seating is divided. I'll see if I can find if.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: rhames on July 24, 2015, 08:41:27 pm

Hopefully we can bump that up to 60/40 or something this year in our favor.

HappyHog

Quote from: rhames on July 24, 2015, 08:41:27 pm

Yes we are in the razorback section.  They sent me an email showing how the seating is divided. I'll see if I can find if.

Any help in identifying the Razorback side would be appreciated.  Would hate to take out a 2nd mortgage only to be sitting with Aggies!

go hogues

Quote from: NuttinItUp on July 24, 2015, 07:59:00 pm
Quote from: NuttinItUp on July 25, 2015, 03:35:39 pm
Hopefully we can bump that up to 60/40 or something this year in our favor.
It was sold out 50/50 the first year. Hogs 60/40 the second and third years. Last year neither side was filled up but they had more than us. Will be interesting to see this season.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

HappyHog

Do you remember which team sat on which side?  Does it alternate with home/away switching or are the Hogs on the same side every year?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: go hogues on July 28, 2015, 09:02:27 pm
It was sold out 50/50 the first year. Hogs 60/40 the second and third years. Last year neither side was filled up but they had more than us. Will be interesting to see this season.
If we are both 3-0 going into that game, maybe it will be filled up again.

Of course, the Ags have Arizona State (who was 10-3 last season) their first game, so they could lose the first one.

Texas Hog1

Has anyone tried getting tickets outside stadium after kick off, and got good deal on tickets?  I have read different comments saying that is what they do, and I think I will try that for the Southwest Classic this year. 

Sed76

If you go that route be careful. When I was in line last year there was a couple that was told their tickets were fake. They had bought them off some guy in the Walmart parking lot across the street.

hogslobber

I can't imagine spending the money to go to Dallas to see that game.

This should be a home and home.

The time has come to scrub this idea.

Texas Hog1

Quote from: Sed76 on August 05, 2015, 12:29:10 pm
If you go that route be careful. When I was in line last year there was a couple that was told their tickets were fake. They had bought them off some guy in the Walmart parking lot across the street.

I have thought about that.  I guess there is no true way to tell if tickets are fake or not! 

010HogFan

Quote from: hogslobber on August 05, 2015, 02:00:00 pm

One trip to that stadium would change your mind. The exposure we gain is enough reason to keep doing it for as long as possible. Just because you don't want to go there, that doesn't mean the place won't be crawling with fans.

GuvHog

Quote from: Texas Hog1 on August 05, 2015, 10:57:12 am
Has anyone tried getting tickets outside stadium after kick off, and got good deal on tickets?  I have read different comments saying that is what they do, and I think I will try that for the Southwest Classic this year. 

I would buy them on Stub Hub.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Texas Hog1

Quote from: GirlHog on August 06, 2015, 04:35:42 am
I just bought mine on arkansasrazorbacks.com, up high, Arkansas side. There were lots available. I always buy the $125 ones and was able to choose my seats. Previously, we paid for the tickets and didn't know the location at that time. Better system this time, I think.

I took the family the first 2 years of the Southwest Classic, and loved it!  It is just hard to pay for 125 dollars a ticket this time around.  This year there seems to be more tickets not being sold, and I hear of these stories of getting good tickets for cheap after kick-off!  This year it will probably be myself, and the uncle!  It helps I live 2 hours from stadium so if I strike out than the drive won't be too bad back home!

rhames

Quote from: hogslobber on August 05, 2015, 02:00:00 pm

younghog

Quote from: Texas Hog1 on August 06, 2015, 08:05:47 am

I took the family the first 2 years of the Southwest Classic, and loved it!  It is just hard to pay for 125 dollars a ticket this time around.  This year there seems to be more tickets not being sold, and I hear of these stories of getting good tickets for cheap after kick-off!  This year it will probably be myself, and the uncle!  It helps I live 2 hours from stadium so if I strike out than the drive won't be too bad back home!

get the $85 tickets from UofA .. Every seat in that stadium is a good seat
GO HOGS

hammer66

I'm going this year. Going with 5 A&M fans and myself. I have no clue where we r sitting but am sure I'll be right in the middle of Aggies fans. A guy I work with offered me the ticket knowing I'm a hog fan. I'm probably going to get my butt kicked because I'm not going to be quiet when we spank them.

1hogfan

Does anyone have any parking recommendations for parking?

1hogfan

Man, I really appreciate this info.  Thanks so much. WPS!

rhames

I'm staying at hotel right by the stadium that does shuttle

That's the way to go

20hog11

I wish they would hurry up and announce the time for this game. I know it'll probably be a few more weeks before they announce it though. Our two major competitors for the CBS time slot are the Miss St vs Auburn game and the Florida vs Tennessee game.

DeltaBoy

I'm waiting on the HS band contest schedule to come out before I can pull the trigger.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogarusa

Quote from: 20hog11 on August 23, 2015, 02:55:38 pm
I wish they would hurry up and announce the time for this game. I know it'll probably be a few more weeks before they announce it though. Our two major competitors for the CBS time slot are the Miss St vs Auburn game and the Florida vs Tennessee game.

I would think the earliest it gets announced will be 9/13.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

hobhog

Quote from: HappyHog on July 28, 2015, 09:07:31 pm
Do you remember which team sat on which side?  Does it alternate with home/away switching or are the Hogs on the same side every year?

Sections in 400s up high but on 50 are on Hog side.....,

yodcw2003

Quote from: GirlHog on August 06, 2015, 04:35:42 am
I just bought mine on arkansasrazorbacks.com, up high, Arkansas side. There were lots available. I always buy the $125 ones and was able to choose my seats. Previously, we paid for the tickets and didn't know the location at that time. Better system this time, I think.

I assume any tix bought on arkansasrazorbacks.com will be on the Arkansas side, right?