Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just a bit of background so you'll understand...

Started by KevinOMReb, July 22, 2015, 09:35:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinOMReb

I posted it here because I am a huge fan of recruiting and post here occasionally.  The other day I commented and was accused of trolling.  And here's the good part; within a day this thread will be so far down the page no one will care.

And I have a thick skin.  It is an internet sports board, and they aren't for the faint hearted. 
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

Lanny

Quote from: KevinOMReb on July 22, 2015, 09:35:04 am
I've been accused of trolling (gently, by a few here).  I follow the Hogs closely as both of my children just graduated there on May 8th.  My daughter from the Mann School of Nursing and my son from the Fay Jones School of Architecture (he's now working at Populous in KC designing stadiums!).  So even though I'm an Ole Miss fan and alum, I've witnessed many Razorback games over the past 5 years and have given to the university (in tuition)far more than most on this board.  So I'd say trolling would be a bit of a stretch.

BTW, I think NWA is a beautiful place to live and I don't understand why it's a bit difficult to recruit there.  My daughter (who is still a big OM fan as well) loves it so much she has accepted a position at Washington Regional and I'll be up there Thursday moving her into her new place.

So when I post here, yes I post with an Ole Miss lean; who wouldn't lean to their Alma Mater, but I greatly respect the Razorback program, administration (the outgoing Chancellor was awesome helping us with several matters over the past 5 years and will be missed), and your fan base.  Here's to some good discussion, banter and a fine upcoming football season.

Yours,
KevinOMReb
Little Rock
You're not the only fan on here that isn't a Razorback
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Doug

So, despite the warning to stop trolling, several of you are still insisting on trolling.

Okay, I bet if we start banning and deleting some of you, you'll get the frickin' hint.

Thread cleaned up for a THIRD time. There will be no more chances.

If you can't contribute MEANINGFULLY to the thread discussion at hand, then shut the frick up. Or deal with a ban/deletion.

Don't care if you've got 1 post for 50K posts. Step outta line and we're steppin' you outta here.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

lefty08

Quote from: KevinOMReb on July 22, 2015, 03:53:40 pm
BTW, I'm a big boy.  It's an internet sports board.  Thick skin comes with the territory.  My post was simply to say that I enjoy seeing how the other side(s) lives and seeing their perspective of how the year will play out.  It gets a bit old reading the same stuff on our own page day in and out.  Thanks for the kind words (and that's a stretch on some of you, you know who you are... ;-)  ) and the season can't get here fast enough.  HYDR and GHG.   KevinOMReb

From 1 college football fan to another I welcome you. I, too, enjoy visiting other sites but I rarely post. Surprising to see most of these comments as this board is typically the most welcoming site I see about fans of other teams. I got banned from the tech board for simply admitting I was a Hog fan, before we even had our game last year. This site is generally a melting pot of teams fans and it sometimes makes for interesting discussion. Keep your hard hat on and welcome again!  Oh, and GO HOGS!
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

WizardofhOgZ

Well, that's your opinion.  I don't share it.  I ALWAYS quote posts I'm responding to, so there is no ambiguity or misunderstanding about WHO I'm talking to.  If the post is short, I'll  post it in it's entirety.  Otherwise, for longer posts (like yours), I'll usually post the specific part I'm addressing simply to keep the clutter down.  Personally, I hate having to scroll through a couple of pages of a quoted prior post just to get to a one or two sentence response.  After all, the post is still intact further up the thread if anyone wants to refer back to it.  Besides which, no one should be reading my post that had not read yours - in it's original form -first.  And you can see from the numerous posts basically siding with me that they agree with my interpretation of your post, so I'm not alone.

There was no attempt to edit your post to make it appear to say something other than what it said.  I didn't change one word you posted - just left off some parts not directly speaking to what I took issue with.  I could accuse you of using this whole discussion as a diversionary tactic to take away from the content of my post.  I'm not going to do that; I'll just say that I think you're misguided on your response to the OP, and to my earlier post.  I'll let the rest of the board (readers) make up their mind what THEY think about it for themselves.

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on July 22, 2015, 01:43:36 pm
Well, Wizard...nice cut and paste of my original post and taking it entirely out of context in what appears to be an effort on your part to take up for Ole Miss Kevin.  That was NOT my post.  That was YOUR version of it.   

I consider it common courtesy on message boards to post the ENTIRE text, and then if there's something you want to refer to...bold it, italicize it, or underline it.  At least that way people can see the intended context.   

If Kevin was offended by my post, then that's on him.  I did nothing more than suggest that if he plays nice, and his posts are civil, then there's no reason he should feel bad about his presence here.  He's the one apologizing, so there must be something he feels bad about right? 

Doug says there's no issue, so there's obviously no major offense.  I CLEARLY stated that I don't know his post history, but I do know enough history to know that we have a broad range of folks from other schools that range from complete trolls, to contributors.  I merely suggested a route to be the latter.  I'm sorry it bugged you so much.     

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on July 22, 2015, 05:54:49 pm
Well, that's your opinion.  I don't share it.  I ALWAYS quote posts I'm responding to, so there is no ambiguity or misunderstanding about WHO I'm talking to.  If the post is short, I'll  post it in it's entirety.  Otherwise, for longer posts (like yours), I'll usually post the specific part I'm addressing simply to keep the clutter down.  Personally, I hate having to scroll through a couple of pages of a quoted prior post just to get to a one or two sentence response.  After all, the post is still intact further up the thread if anyone wants to refer back to it.  Besides which, no one should be reading my post that had not read yours - in it's original form -first.  And you can see from the numerous posts basically siding with me that they agree with my interpretation of your post, so I'm not alone.

There was no attempt to edit your post to make it appear to say something other than what it said.  I didn't change one word you posted - just left off some parts not directly speaking to what I took issue with.  I could accuse you of using this whole discussion as a diversionary tactic to take away from the content of my post.  I'm not going to do that; I'll just say that I think you're misguided on your response to the OP, and to my earlier post.  I'll let the rest of the board (readers) make up their mind what THEY think about it for themselves.

Fair enough.  I still disagree with cutting and pasting parts of people's posts, because you lose the overall sentiment.  Did you notice that you basically said that you didn't have time to scroll through pages of posts?  Then followed that up by saying everyone should have seen my original  post?   

That's exactly my point.  People don't always start at post 1, and when they see your CUT AND PASTE of my quote, it loses context.  My original post had a balance of positives and negatives, and you chose to pull out the negatives.  We can agree to disagree, but I think it takes LESS TIME to just quote the post in it's entirety, and bold whatever it is you want to refer to.  That leaves it there for anyone to read and catch up if they started on post 1, or page 5. 

This wasn't a "who sides with who" issue until you made it one.  I made a suggestion to Kevin to post civilly and he'll be well liked and appreciated as a contributor.  We have some who do...some who don't, and I'm not going to cite examples, but we know who they are.  He can ignore my post, tell me to fly a kite, or consider it right?  I'm sure he appreciates you coming to his defense.   

I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

wholehog92

I like having posters from other schools around.  They have a better idea of what is actually happening with the teams we will be playing.  I hate having to read other team's boards for that info so I'm glad to have them around.

I read them with the same understanding I read a hog fan's post.  Kevin has been around here for years.  If memory serves, he showed up around the time Ol Miss bought our trash and we insisted on paying him to leave.  Pretty sure if he can stick around for that, his skin is thick enough.

30-0.  Look forward to playing both magnolia schools this season.  Go hogs.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on July 23, 2015, 09:36:57 am
Fair enough.  I still disagree with cutting and pasting parts of people's posts, because you lose the overall sentiment.  Did you notice that you basically said that you didn't have time to scroll through pages of posts?  Then followed that up by saying everyone should have seen my original  post?   

That's exactly my point.  People don't always start at post 1, and when they see your CUT AND PASTE of my quote, it loses context.  My original post had a balance of positives and negatives, and you chose to pull out the negatives.  We can agree to disagree, but I think it takes LESS TIME to just quote the post in it's entirety, and bold whatever it is you want to refer to.  That leaves it there for anyone to read and catch up if they started on post 1, or page 5. 

This wasn't a "who sides with who" issue until you made it one.  I made a suggestion to Kevin to post civilly and he'll be well liked and appreciated as a contributor.  We have some who do...some who don't, and I'm not going to cite examples, but we know who they are.  He can ignore my post, tell me to fly a kite, or consider it right?  I'm sure he appreciates you coming to his defense.     

Scrolling through posts while reading them = orange

Scrolling through long posts you've already read = apples

;)

But I get your point. 

Time for both of us to move on, I would think.  No harm, no foul.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on July 23, 2015, 07:15:43 pm
Scrolling through posts while reading them = orange

Scrolling through long posts you've already read = apples

;)

But I get your point. 

Time for both of us to move on, I would think.  No harm, no foul.

Yep, I'm cool with that.  Just cut and paste the good part of my posts out and we're good.   ;)   Let me guess...you're still waiting for one.  Badaboom...ching.   ;) 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Tom Bennett on July 22, 2015, 03:25:05 pm
Now see, as a message board admin this is the kind of stuff that just pisses me off.

The OP made a legitimate post, another admin made a post in support of the OP, and then your response was some obtuse statement about narcissism. When that post was removed (which should have been an obvious clue that an admin found it to be inappropriate), your response was to post something else very close to the one deleted.

That's a textbook way to earn a ban for yourself while the OP continues to be allowed to post.

I think what your quoted poster said is more telling about himself than anything. 

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Lanny on July 22, 2015, 05:33:09 pm
You're not the only fan on here that isn't a Razorback

Sometimes I feel like John the Methodist wandering in the wilderness.  lol
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

oldhawg

One thing that KevinOMReb did accomplish was to get Arkansas fans to squabbling among themselves over nothing.  A calculated move on his part? 

ricepig

Quote from: oldhawg on July 24, 2015, 08:35:13 am
One thing that KevinOMReb did accomplish was to get Arkansas fans to squabbling among themselves over nothing.  A calculated move on his part? 

That would assume a Black Bear was capable of such, probably still pissed we pushed the Dale on them.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: oldhawg on July 24, 2015, 08:35:13 am

I dunno, but it does strike me that KevinOMReb probably needs to change his moniker so as not to offend anyone. 

KevinOMBlackBear   

KevinOMReb

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on July 24, 2015, 09:59:00 am
I dunno, but it does strike me that KevinOMReb probably needs to change his moniker so as not to offend anyone. 

KevinOMBlackBear   

No Bears.  Please, no Bears.  BTW, I voted for the Shark.  Rumor was the Shark won by a landslide but it was rigged.  Also anyone at the Med Center was allowed to vote.  All of the MSU grads there voted for the stupid Bear in spite. 
Fins up,
KevinOMShark
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: lefty08 on July 22, 2015, 05:37:21 pm
From 1 college football fan to another I welcome you. I, too, enjoy visiting other sites but I rarely post. Surprising to see most of these comments as this board is typically the most welcoming site I see about fans of other teams. I got banned from the tech board for simply admitting I was a Hog fan, before we even had our game last year. This site is generally a melting pot of teams fans and it sometimes makes for interesting discussion. Keep your hard hat on and welcome again!  Oh, and GO HOGS!

It used to be.  Over the last 5 years or so, the atmosphere has turned a lot nastier.  Methinks, the 16-22 y/o's grew up and came aboard, rude behavior and internet tough guy attitude in full display while some of the older members signed off.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

JoeyCapital

Is it a personal attack if I say I'm glad you're here as long as you don't start acting like that randy from LR dude?

I know, I know. If you have to ask...
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: KevinOMReb on July 26, 2015, 09:48:03 pm
No Bears.  Please, no Bears.  BTW, I voted for the Shark.  Rumor was the Shark won by a landslide but it was rigged.  Also anyone at the Med Center was allowed to vote.  All of the MSU grads there voted for the stupid Bear in spite. 
Fins up,
KevinOMShark

Nice!  Maybe the crawdads would have been a good one.  They're pretty quick.   ;) 

PEtrader

That first post was like an asian walking into a gym shower with a bunch of blackmen.

On another note,  thanks for coming on board.  It is always nice to have other fan bases represented.

What are your thoughts on your teams strengths and weaknesses this year?
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

KevinOMReb

Quote from: PEtrader on July 29, 2015, 08:18:06 am
That first post was like an asian walking into a gym shower with a bunch of blackmen.

On another note,  thanks for coming on board.  It is always nice to have other fan bases represented.

What are your thoughts on your teams strengths and weaknesses this year?

Weaknesses- Depth at two spots; OL and RB.  OL's been a weakness for years.  And unproven QB with Chad Kelly.  I think he'll be fine.  Won the JUCO national championship last year.  Just has to have time to throw and run the offense.  OL thin but has potential with the young guys getting thrown into the fire early, much like Kirkland and Skipper had to do their first year.  RB's are good but transfers (due to lack of PT) have us thin.  We have Walton, Brazley, Wilkins and Judd and pray for rain.  Our best signee blew out his ACL off season.

WR's will be the best we've ever had.  Defense will, other than LB (of which we only play 2) will be the strongest we've had.  Gotta go to ALA and AUB which will be brutal.  Non conf of UTM, Fresno (they have nothing this year), NMSU (perennial loser) and Memphis (at).  Memphis put up 102 yards of total offense last year and lost a ton on defense.  Four wins there plus Vandy is five.  TAM is in Oxford and we whipped them in CS last year.  That's 6. At Florida, but a good year to go there.  7.  I think we get swept in the State of AL, 7-2.  Beat LSU here (should have there last yr).  8-2.  That leaves you and MSU.  Hogs tough at home, have problems on road.  I'll take us in a close one and beat MSU at the Patch.  10-2.  Without major injuries.  With OL injuries, 8-4 and lose to ARK and LSU. 

Ready to lace them up.  Teams report in just a few days.  Good luck Hogs!
KevinOMReb
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

KevinOMReb

Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: KevinOMReb on August 06, 2015, 11:36:06 am
Melvin is quite a player and certainly a lock for the Hogs.  Congrats.
McTelvin...

scruf

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on August 06, 2015, 01:57:28 pm
McTelvin...
He was trolling. He knows what his name is and he also knows that he is far from a lock which is also part of his troll.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: scruf on August 06, 2015, 03:13:36 pm
He was trolling. He knows what his name is and he also knows that he is far from a lock which is also part of his troll.
Ah... well color me trolled.