Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just a bit of background so you'll understand...

Started by KevinOMReb, July 22, 2015, 09:35:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinOMReb

I've been accused of trolling (gently, by a few here).  I follow the Hogs closely as both of my children just graduated there on May 8th.  My daughter from the Mann School of Nursing and my son from the Fay Jones School of Architecture (he's now working at Populous in KC designing stadiums!).  So even though I'm an Ole Miss fan and alum, I've witnessed many Razorback games over the past 5 years and have given to the university (in tuition)far more than most on this board.  So I'd say trolling would be a bit of a stretch.

BTW, I think NWA is a beautiful place to live and I don't understand why it's a bit difficult to recruit there.  My daughter (who is still a big OM fan as well) loves it so much she has accepted a position at Washington Regional and I'll be up there Thursday moving her into her new place.

So when I post here, yes I post with an Ole Miss lean; who wouldn't lean to their Alma Mater, but I greatly respect the Razorback program, administration (the outgoing Chancellor was awesome helping us with several matters over the past 5 years and will be missed), and your fan base.  Here's to some good discussion, banter and a fine upcoming football season.

Yours,
KevinOMReb
Little Rock
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

ricepig

Just because your kids were smarter on their choice of school then you were, doesn't lessen the fact you are a troll, haha. Truthfully, good discussion is fine, but don't expect to get any love for taking the Black Bear's angle on matters on this board, the same response we get on yours or others.

KevinOMReb

Quote from: ricepig on July 22, 2015, 09:40:38 am
Just because your kids were smarter on their choice of school then you were, doesn't lessen the fact you are a troll, haha. Truthfully, good discussion is fine, but don't expect to get any love for taking the Black Bear's angle on matters on this board, the same response we get on yours or others.

That's what rivalries are about!  No problem.  GHG and HYDR. 
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: KevinOMReb on July 22, 2015, 09:35:57 am
I've been accused of trolling (gently, by a few here).  I follow the Hogs closely as both of my children just graduated there on May 8th.  My daughter from the Mann School of Nursing and my son from the Fay Jones School of Architecture (he's now working at Populous in KC designing stadiums!).  So even though I'm an Ole Miss fan and alum, I've witnessed many Razorback games over the past 5 years and have given to the university (in tuition)far more than most on this board.  So I'd say trolling would be a bit of a stretch.

BTW, I think NWA is a beautiful place to live and I don't understand why it's a bit difficult to recruit there.  My daughter (who is still a big OM fan as well) loves it so much she has accepted a position at Washington Regional and I'll be up there Thursday moving her into her new place.

So when I post here, yes I post with an Ole Miss lean; who wouldn't lean to their Alma Mater, but I greatly respect the Razorback program, administration (the outgoing Chancellor was awesome helping us with several matters over the past 5 years and will be missed), and your fan base.  Here's to some good discussion, banter and a fine upcoming football season.

Yours,
KevinOMReb
Little Rock
Well at least your two young 'uns saw the light!  ;) Seriously, as you've probable already realized you have to have some very tough hide to post on here. And yes, that includes being a true, dyed-in-the-wool Arkansas fan. Not many prisoners taken on this site!! 8)

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: KevinOMReb on July 22, 2015, 09:43:48 am
That's what rivalries are about!  No problem.  GHG and HYDR.
As I posted over on MMQB, you have to have a hide tougher than a razorback's back to post on here, and that DOES pertain to even the most loyal of Hog fans. If you realize and accept that then you can certainly survive, if not prosper, on HV.

Oh yeah, ricepig's totally correct: your kids have shown infinite wisdom and genius by going to school on the Hill. They very likely will NEVER EVER make a better choice in their lives!! ;D

hawg IQ

July 22, 2015, 09:53:51 am #5 Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 02:44:23 pm by hawg IQ

[/quote
Kevin, This board has a few that run a little roughshod over a lot of folks. I've found out almost anybody from other alma maters. 
  Also don't say anything against Jeff long or anything for BP and you get along most of the time. Discussions start out on one subject and quickly dissolve in to anything other than friendly banner if you ruffle their feathers a bit.

But most think ol miss cheats and the same with auburn, or at least a few think that. Most of us thinks the SEC in full of cheating refs and low life commissioners. Not to be contrary to your comments, but just saying...
go hogs go !

HogWall Jackson

You gave ZIP to U of A, you simply paid for the education that your children received. I live in Texas and paid A&M and The University of Texas simply for the education that my girls received from those universities. I lie A&M some but can't stand Texas and don't post on their boards. May be you should spend most of your time on an OM Board?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HogWall Jackson on July 22, 2015, 09:53:58 am
You gave ZIP to U of A, you simply paid for the education that your children received. I live in Texas and paid A&M and The University of Texas simply for the education that my girls received from those universities. I lie A&M some but can't stand Texas and don't post on their boards. May be you should spend most of your time on an OM Board?
Have you tried any OM boards?! I mean along with U of Texass do you really want to talk about jokes? ???

KevinOMReb

I've found that every school thinks every other one cheats except their own.  Now I do wonder why any kid would want to go to Starkpatch....
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

Bacon_Bitz

HappyHog

urkillnmesmalls

Man, it's tough sledding around here.  It strikes me that this is similar to the 30 for 30 about the Boz.  While he brings up some tears and makes those apologies sound heartfelt, I don't see him offering to give back all of the proceeds from his books to OU to make reparations for the damage he did.  "I'm sorry" is great, but it only goes so far.  I'm not sure of your crimes on the board, but your smite count would lead me to believe you haven't established a fan base as of yet.   :D 

Likewise, I think you'll have to prove you can post civilly before any arms are going to open up.  I never understood the allure of posting on another Universities' message board, but to each his own I guess.... 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Pulled(PP)pork

my question would be, when are you mississippi schools gonna catch up with appropriate size stadiums that dot the SEC landscape, sans Vanderbilt?

PP

gmarv

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on July 22, 2015, 09:58:38 am
Have you tried any OM boards?! I mean along with U of Texass do you really want to talk about jokes? ???
now that's funny I,m still smiling. you just tell the first guy theres not gonna be many prisoners taken.and then you prove it by shooting the next guy.

staffhog

KOMR, you should be ashamed brain-washing those younguns to the point where they cannot"Lean toward their Alma Mater."

Perhaps they will come their senses on their own after being away from the nest a little longer.

BTW, have you noticed how cheap antifreeze is in Arkansas?

Doug

Kevin, very nice gesture on your part, but IMHO, you shouldn't have felt obligated to post that.

Quote from: HogWall JacksonYou gave ZIP to U of A, you simply paid for the education that your children received. I live in Texas and paid A&M and The University of Texas simply for the education that my girls received from those universities. I lie A&M some but can't stand Texas and don't post on their boards. May be you should spend most of your time on an OM Board?
Knock it off.

Hogville has always and will CONTINUE to always welcome fans from all schools to participate on here. As long as they're respectful and aren't trolling, they'll continue to be welcomed here.

Posts like yours do absolutely nothing except to make you look like a pure di**wad.

And for the rest of you trolling in this thread (your posts were removed, by the way)... keep it up. We're doing some housekeeping and are taking a ZFG approach. If you get caught in it because of your own stupidity, that's on you, not us. :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Hoggish1

BTW, I think NWA is a beautiful place to live and I don't understand why it's a bit difficult to recruit there. 

Where do you get it's a bit difficult to recruit to Arkansas?

HogWall Jackson

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on July 22, 2015, 09:58:38 am

You need to learn how to read. I paid tuition, fees and expenses to those 2 Universities as I live in Texas. I am not a rabid fan of theirs. I have followed Arkansas every season since 1958. There are no jokes here. It is great fun to Beat Texas as they have a very lopsided edge in the Series with Arkansas. I was at the Texas Bowl dressed in Red. It was a very nice evening for Hog Fans. Not so much for Texas Fans.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on July 22, 2015, 10:41:18 am
"I'm sorry" is great, but it only goes so far.  I'm not sure of your crimes on the board, but your smite count would lead me to believe you haven't established a fan base as of yet. 

Likewise, I think you'll have to prove you can post civilly before any arms are going to open up.  I never understood the allure of posting on another Universities' message board, but to each his own I guess....

Good Lord . . . have you read any of his posts, to justify the one you just made? I'm neither a KOR "fan", nor detractor.  That is to say, I'm aware of him on the board, and I'm sure I must have read several of his posts (recognize his name as being a long-time poster here), but I have no recollections of him trolling and/or "stirring the pot" over here.  Without reading them all, I'm also certain he has taken an "Ole Miss lean" on some of them.  But I also do remember reading a few of his posts in which he was simply giving an alternate perspective.

I'm no Ole Miss fan, but I understand they have a fan base and that some of them will have mixed interest in the U of A, for whatever reason (they moved to Arkansas because of work; their kid goes to school here; they married a Razorback; etc).  I welcome them to join in the discussion here, so long as it's more than "Ole Miss rules and Arkansas sucks".  So far, I have no reason to think that KOM is one of that group.  Why don't we wait to knock the guy until he does something to deserve it?

NLRHog92

Quote from: KevinOMReb on July 22, 2015, 10:04:23 am
I've found that every school thinks every other one cheats except their own.  Now I do wonder why any kid would want to go to Starkpatch....

I know you like to think yo $hyte don't stink, but lean a little bit closer...

Hollywood_HOGan45

I have no problems with Ole Miss fans.
They did finally see the light and got rid of Nutt.

I also have no hard feelings toward a team we completely destroyed this past season either.

WilsonHog

Two things, Kevin.

(1) Some of our best posters are fans of other schools first. They are welcome here, as you are.

(2) My two best friends are Ole Miss grads. They pull for the Hogs, I pull for the Rebels. I went to the Music City Bowl with them two years ago, and they went to the Texas Bowl with me last year. They own and wear Arkansas stuff, and buy me Arkansas stuff on holidays and birthdays. I return the favor. We have learned that it isn't best for us to attend Ole Miss/Arkansas games together, although most of that little incident was probably fueled by my disdain for Houston Nutt.

Peppa Pig

Thanks so much for posting this.  I can't tell you how much sleep we've all lost because we didn't have a firm understanding of your background.  But now, thankfully, after this short novel filled with so much excruciating detail, we understand just a little better.

Please ignore all of those posters who might question what kind of irrational narcissism it would take for you to post this...for you to think that anyone would care.  They just don't get it.

Now with this behind us, our Hog board can finally move forward and prosper.

Thanks!!

And oh yeah....30-0

Hawgzinbowlz

...BTW, I think NWA is a beautiful place to live and I don't understand why it's a bit difficult to recruit there...

Yours,
KevinOMReb
Little Rock

Congratulations on your son and daughters graduation.

NWA is a great place to live and winning will take care of any perceived recruiting issues.

Looking forward to our game with Ole Miss and there may be a major bowl on the line.

" GO HOGS "

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HogWall Jackson on July 22, 2015, 11:40:55 am
You need to learn how to read. I paid tuition, fees and expenses to those 2 Universities as I live in Texas. I am not a rabid fan of theirs. I have followed Arkansas every season since 1958. There are no jokes here. It is great fun to Beat Texas as they have a very lopsided edge in the Series with Arkansas. I was at the Texas Bowl dressed in Red. It was a very nice evening for Hog Fans. Not so much for Texas Fans.
Sorry but the remarks were directed toward the OM troll.

redeye

younghog

What a dumb ass thread..

Cute at best.. Welcome OLE Miss - HOG FAN

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

The Kig

Although the percentages vary greatly depending on the school, most teams we play have some fans who are actually interested in how the teams match up and having some good conversation.  Those guys don't get enough credit since their posts are generally drowned out by two things:

1.  Trolls from their schools fanbase who likely rode the short bus and never attended the university.  They can derail a thread quickly until Doug or another mod puts on a beatdown-ban. 

2.  Some of our own shortsighted fans who mistake Hogville for Tigerpooh and think that winning the smacktalk championship equals victory. 

All fanbases inherently believe that their team is better than the opponent.  Through bad experiences,  many on both sides have come to have real disdain for certain schools.  However, there are smart, sensible, fun to be around fans from every school (even Ole Piss... dangit, made it this far without a dig) and that is one of the things that makes college football great. 

Enjoy and good luck. 
Poker Porker

Pulled(PP)pork

WilsonHog

Quote from: The Kig on July 22, 2015, 12:35:00 pm
2.  Some of our own shortsighted fans who mistake Hogville for Tigerpooh and think that winning the smacktalk championship equals victory. 

It amazes me that there are people out there who believe that an argument on the internet can be "won."

Pulled(PP)pork

Salami is actually a good poster, he knows how to take a joke and give one

PP

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Hey Super

As you can see, mercy and acceptance from our fans is few and far between around here. Best of luck to you in your eternal uphill battle on Hogville!
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

go hogues

To Hell with Ole Piss. Sorriest group of fans in existence!
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

redeye

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on July 22, 2015, 12:40:16 pm
tough crowd in here, lol

PP

I don't mind the open letter, but just not in the recruiting forum.

ballz2thewall

i like the OP's spirit. anything more harsh than "welcome" serves as a confessional from the poster.
The rest of the frog.

atekido

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on July 22, 2015, 10:41:18 am
Man, it's tough sledding around here.  It strikes me that this is similar to the 30 for 30 about the Boz.  While he brings up some tears and makes those apologies sound heartfelt, I don't see him offering to give back all of the proceeds from his books to OU to make reparations for the damage he did.  "I'm sorry" is great, but it only goes so far.  I'm not sure of your crimes on the board, but your smite count would lead me to believe you haven't established a fan base as of yet.   :D 

I could only image the Smite count Jesus would have had in this day in age lol.

Biggus Piggus

KevinOMReb has been on this board for a long time. Doesn't have to prove anything.
[CENSORED]!

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on July 22, 2015, 11:48:59 am
Good Lord . . . have you read any of his posts, to justify the one you just made? I'm neither a KOR "fan", nor detractor.  That is to say, I'm aware of him on the board, and I'm sure I must have read several of his posts (recognize his name as being a long-time poster here), but I have no recollections of him trolling and/or "stirring the pot" over here.  Without reading them all, I'm also certain he has taken an "Ole Miss lean" on some of them.  But I also do remember reading a few of his posts in which he was simply giving an alternate perspective.

I'm no Ole Miss fan, but I understand they have a fan base and that some of them will have mixed interest in the U of A, for whatever reason (they moved to Arkansas because of work; their kid goes to school here; they married a Razorback; etc).  I welcome them to join in the discussion here, so long as it's more than "Ole Miss rules and Arkansas sucks".  So far, I have no reason to think that KOM is one of that group.  Why don't we wait to knock the guy until he does something to deserve it?

Well, Wizard...nice cut and paste of my original post and taking it entirely out of context in what appears to be an effort on your part to take up for Ole Miss Kevin.  That was NOT my post.  That was YOUR version of it.   

I consider it common courtesy on message boards to post the ENTIRE text, and then if there's something you want to refer to...bold it, italicize it, or underline it.  At least that way people can see the intended context.   

If Kevin was offended by my post, then that's on him.  I did nothing more than suggest that if he plays nice, and his posts are civil, then there's no reason he should feel bad about his presence here.  He's the one apologizing, so there must be something he feels bad about right? 

Doug says there's no issue, so there's obviously no major offense.  I CLEARLY stated that I don't know his post history, but I do know enough history to know that we have a broad range of folks from other schools that range from complete trolls, to contributors.  I merely suggested a route to be the latter.  I'm sorry it bugged you so much.     
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

rwspear

HOLY OFF-TOPIC BATMAN

no one cares OP.

30-0

bye

Vantage 8 dude

Someone who's a MOD would you please delete this particular thread? OM guy already explained his case over in MMQB, which is the most appropriate place if it's going to be posted at all. IMO it definitely DOESN'T belong in a forum supposedly devoted strictly to recruiting.

Thanks in advance. :razorback:

HoggusMaximus

ChiTown27

"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

hawg IQ

My apologies to ricepig and KevinOMReb for my post on this subject. Never meant for it to be what got posted. My internet service is a pos.. I think before the service began they must have been using two tin cans and a string !?

Anyhow right in the middle of a reply to Kevin it locked up and evidently posted to both ricepig and Kevin. I saw it but it would not let me modify or fix it. I did get a lame attempt in on fixing it a little while ago.
So again sorry !
go hogs go !

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

pigture perfect

I'm not a UofA alum either, but they are the team I choose to follow. Since I was born here and live here currently, when I say "We" or "Our", it means the UofA, the Fans and myself.

If you want to also cheer for your Alma Mater, that's fine. Don't expect us to respect you fully though if you disparage our team.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

rwspear

Narcissism is the pursuit of gratification from vanity or egotistic admiration of one's own attributes. The term originated from the Greek mythology, where the young Narcissus fell in love with his own image reflected in a pool of water.

MissippHog

"Texas wants a rematch"

LOL, no they don't.  That team wants nothing to do with ours right now.

WilsonHog

Quote from: rwspear on July 22, 2015, 03:13:08 pm
Narcissism is the pursuit of gratification from vanity or egotistic admiration of one's own attributes. The term originated from the Greek mythology, where the young Narcissus fell in love with his own image reflected in a pool of water.

Now see, as a message board admin this is the kind of stuff that just pisses me off.

The OP made a legitimate post, another admin made a post in support of the OP, and then your response was some obtuse statement about narcissism. When that post was removed (which should have been an obvious clue that an admin found it to be inappropriate), your response was to post something else very close to the one deleted.

That's a textbook way to earn a ban for yourself while the OP continues to be allowed to post.

KevinOMReb

BTW, I'm a big boy.  It's an internet sports board.  Thick skin comes with the territory.  My post was simply to say that I enjoy seeing how the other side(s) lives and seeing their perspective of how the year will play out.  It gets a bit old reading the same stuff on our own page day in and out.  Thanks for the kind words (and that's a stretch on some of you, you know who you are... ;-)  ) and the season can't get here fast enough.  HYDR and GHG.   KevinOMReb
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb