Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vanderbilt vs. Virginia Game Thread

Started by GatorHog, June 23, 2015, 08:04:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GatorHog

Dr. Starcs

3 hours 41 minutes for 8.5 innings and a 3-0 game.

GatorHog

bulldog04

Does Virginia go Waddell then Kirby in game 3?  Waddell could give them 4 innings on short rest

GatorHog

How much could Kirby give, didn't he get roughed up last time?

GatorHog

Looks like all 3 runs for UVA in the 6th were unearned, I was thinking they plated one before the first baseman's error.

GatorHog

Actually, this game would've probably gone to extra innings without the perfect hop back in the sixth -- a 2-out grounder up the middle bounced off the bag for an infield hit, otherwise might have shut down the inning.

Instead, next batter grounds one to 1st who commits an error, then the rest of it..

snoblind

Maddhog

Good job, Gator.

A bit disappointing that the Nerds didn't wrap this thing up tonight.
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

bulldog04

Quote from: GatorHog on June 23, 2015, 11:00:15 pm
How much could Kirby give, didn't he get roughed up last time?
Florida got to him but he has great stuff and was a high draft pick for a reason.  The coaches will know if he has throwing good in bullpen sessions.  It could be where their best bullpen guys throw 2-3 innings a piece. But I imagine Waddell will be out there sometime.  I assume Vandy will go with Buehler.

jbell96

Virginia is going to need Kirby to give them something tonight because Sborz is done after how long he had to go last night. That guy deserves MVP of the CWS if they manage to win tonight. No way they make it this far without him.