Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Player Look Back Questions

Started by litmachog, June 17, 2015, 08:53:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

litmachog

Okay, I'm just curious.  What are your thoughts on 2015/2016.  See questions below.

1)  Outside of Benny, who was the best player on the team?
2)  Who was your surprise player of the team?
3)  Who did not meet your expectations this year?  (This isn't a bashing question, could be due to injuries or someone played better - no criticism here.)
4)  How far do we get next year? Regional, Super, or Omaha?
5)  Who do you look forward to seeing the most next year?
6)  What was your most enjoyable moment of the year?

litmachog

1)  Zach Jackson - He was shut down.

2)  Nomura - Didn't see him coming.  Loved his game and personality.

3)  McAfee - I think he dealt with some nagging injuries and others stepped up as well.  I still really like his game.

4)  I think we get to the Super next year and lose in 3.  Still a great season.

5)  If he is back, Bernal.  I think he comes on next year and love to watch him in the field.  Plus Bonfield.  I think he has the potential for a great offensive year.

6)  Jackson coming in and shutting down Mo State when the announcers thought Coach brought him in too early. 

Matt1224

Quote from: litmachog on June 17, 2015, 08:53:10 am
Okay, I'm just curious.  What are your thoughts on 2015/2016.  See questions below.

3)  Who did not meet your expectations this year?  (This isn't a bashing question, could be due to injuries or someone played better - no criticism here.)

1.  ZJ was lock down
2.  At the beginning of the year I thought Benny was good.  After this year he's one of our best of all time.
3.  Killian, but only from a stats standpoint.  I had assumed he would have a much better record and more velocity.
4.  I'm a bit pessimistic on next year until I see who we have so at this point I will sa Regional.
5.  Tie between Shaddy and Bonfield.
6.  Only because I was there, but the Super Regional is Fayetteville.

Big Nasty 34

1) I'll give a shoutout to spoon. Lots of clutch hits and great defense.
2) Nomura. Most guys didn't have him pencilled into the lineup in the offseason. He took advantage of early playing time and had a very solid season.
3) I would say the freshman pitching staff sans McKinney. Thought at least one guy, probably Patten, would step up and contribute.
4) I wanna say Omaha, but just can't predict it yet. I'll go Supers.
5) Bonfield. If he has a year like most feel he's capable, then we could have another sweet ride to enjoy.
6) personally, it was getting my wife into watching hogs baseball. She was actually undefeated until the Miami game and we weren't able to watch that together. She was pumped when we beat MSU!

311Hog

1. For me it is a tie between Spoon and Jackson
2. Surprise was Benny, i knew he was heralded coming in had an avg. Frosh season, i could never have imagined the type of season he had.  Probably the best i have ever seen (was to young for Jeff King etc.) lets just say best in the past 20 years i really hope to watch him in the pros though i am not a red sox fan.
3. I didn't really have alot of expectations i guess i will say i thought Killian and/or McAfee would have bigger year's statistically they both still came through when we needed though.
4. Seems alot of luck is involved in getting far in the post season i think we will miss alot of key guys from this year but still think we will make a super.
5. Bonfield i really hope he gets healthy and borrows Benny's summer workout play book.
6. Had to be the Supers here in Fayetteville, it was the first time i got to go to them (was able to make Friday and Saturday).  Both really intense atmospheres and got to enjoy it with my wife and good friends, got to meet some amazing Razorbacks as well, Coach A's wife, S. Moncrief, and M. Caston was just a great weekend to be a Razorback.  And on Sunday i could have gone but i had a prior engagement i  couldnt break but everyone there was listening to the game on the radio and went crazy when we won.

DeltaHog66

1. Zach Jackson
2. Spoon but Bobby Wernes a close second.. favorite player on the team
3. Mcafee
4. Super
5. Bonfield
6. Taking the super against mizz st.

SPAL

1. I hate to say Jackson , but I have to. He could be the highest hog drafted since king went 1/1.

2. Mckinney- I knew he was highly regarded, but to throw 2 complete games using 2 pitches and to shut teams down like he did was phenomenal. He was really a shot in the arm to our staff and we don't make a run without him.

3. Bonfield- I think that has to do with my own expectations, but I had high hopes for him. He should be better next year. Much better.

4. We will make the NCAAT again. That is all I know. Too many variables to say.

5. Jack Benjinghoff-  I love defense.

6. This one is easy. The moment Jackson ended the super and bedlam ensued. It was one of the single greatest sports moments of my life.

Knot2brite

1. Spoon
2.nomura
3. The young pitchers ( Patten, Sanburn, Pate, Chadwick) because the expectations were so high on them and that was probably unfair.
4. Regional for sure....depends on what comes back, what stays and what improves to be able to determine anything further.
5. For me it was the finishing of the A@m series...it turned the season around and gave us momentum.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

TuckFexas

1) Spoon
2) Lowery. I cursed every time he saw the mound prior to this year.
3) Bonfield. That's on me. I had high hopes as highly recruited as he was. TK was a very close 2nd.
4) Supers. I think losing Benny and Spoon is going to hurt too much.
5) ZJ
6) Mine was Serrano's bomb in SR. Landed about 10 ft away from me, bounced, and came down on top of the guy next to me. Was just too short to grab it.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 17, 2015, 03:36:06 pm
1. I hate to say Jackson , but I have to. He could be the highest hog drafted since king went 1/1.

2. Mckinney- I knew he was highly regarded, but to throw 2 complete games using 2 pitches and to shut teams down like he did was phenomenal. He was really a shot in the arm to our staff and we don't make a run without him.

3. Bonfield- I think that has to do with my own expectations, but I had high hopes for him. He should be better next year. Much better.

4. We will make the NCAAT again. That is all I know. Too many variables to say.

5. Jack Benjinghoff-  I love defense.

6. This one is easy. The moment Jackson ended the super and bedlam ensued. It was one of the single greatest sports moments of my life.

You think Jackson will get drafted higher than AB?  That's saying something right there!!! 

SPAL

I think he has the potential to be drafted in the top 5, yes. But keep in mind the pitching depth of this upcoming draft class. It is deep.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 17, 2015, 11:15:27 pm
I think he has the potential to be drafted in the top 5, yes. But keep in mind the pitching depth of this upcoming draft class. It is deep.

I don't doubt your believe, just glad Jackson might have that potential!

SPAL

I'll keep this thread for the purpose it was intended, but I may post an early look ahead to the 2016 draft elsewhere.

jry04

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 17, 2015, 04:26:34 pm
You think Jackson will get drafted higher than AB?  That's saying something right there!!! 
Kendall Rogers and Aaron Fitt of D1 baseball both said Jackson has potential to be the #1 overall pick next year if he improves his control a little more, while staying dominant. I personally think if he moves into a starting role and puts up dominant numbers, then he will definitely be a top 5 pick. I am anxious to see how we use him. DVH said he will start out as a starter next season. Assuming we play a few cupcakes to open the season like we usually do, he could really get off to a great start to the season as a starter.

CJ HOG

1. Zach Jackson, He was dominant much of the year until the very end when he ran out of gas a bit. While it was very dramatic at times it was a pleasure to watch.

2. Andrew Benintendi, Being the best player on the team may not have been suprising to many, however becoming the POY in the SEC and arguably the best player in all of college baseball exceeded any expectations I had and I couldn't be happier for AB.

3. Trey Killian, Due to my high expectations for the most part. TK battled through injuries and poor run support the best he could, however I had hoped he would be that dominating Friday night stud that shuts everybody down and gives you a 1-0 lead every weekend series.

4. Regional, There's really too many variables to forecast anything beyond that. I would like to see the Hogs continue their NCAA postseason streak at the very least.

5. Keaton McKinney, KM had a tremendous freshman season IMO. I would like to see him develop further and become a dominant Friday night shutdown type starter next year. This may be a little unrealistic with his style maybe, not quite sure, it is my hope though.

6. Toss Up, between A&M series which led to the confidence needed to make a run the rest of the season and the Florida late game heroics which to me epitomizes this team's tenacity & fight.