Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jackson Lowery

Started by TebowHater, June 15, 2015, 09:49:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TebowHater

June 15, 2015, 09:49:16 pm Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 10:00:42 pm by TebowHater
Thank you! What a true Razorback, my goodness. You can tell how much this meant to him. 2nd player interviewed if I remember correctly. Kid went to three different schools and changed positions to get to put on that Razorback uniform. I hate how much he blames himself and love how much he credits his teammates. Would not have made it to Omaha/ the game today without him

http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/uncut-interviews-arkansas-baseball-players-post-mi/18150/Z10adjXO70SqldRtA_hAvQ

Edit: the three schools thing might have been Lance. Can't remember. Regardless, love the passion JL brings

ricepig

He did a great job this season, he made a good pitch, Hayward just did a better job hitting it.

dhizzle

Agreed he was pretty tore up about it. He worked his tail to be a hog. You win some and you lose some.

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: dhizzle on June 15, 2015, 10:01:42 pm
Agreed he was pretty tore up about it. He worked his tail to be a hog. You win some and you lose some.
He loved being a Razorback!  His portion of the interview could make the hardest of hearts soften up a little bit. 

Cresthog

Can't blame himself.

We had our chances and didn't take them.

onebadrubi

I'm pretty sure you are correct on three school.  I think he started at UCA then went to Juco on his way to coming to Arkansas. 

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Jackson was one of my favorite pitchers to watch. His post season play was amazing, and remember this CWS is a tourny where LSU's Poche was hit out of the park.

Kudos to JL.

onebadrubi

Quote from: mrp on June 16, 2015, 12:49:50 am
Without JL Hogs wouldn't have been there.

That's exactly correct!  The on field reporter (who was good looking by the way) made a comment early on that stood out to me.  She said the DVH told these players that once you move into pro ball it becomes about you and not as much about a team.  Go out there and play as a team and enjoy it one last time.  Well, we may be headed home but it took an effort from andrew Benintendi all the way to shaddy and alberius to get us to Omaha!  There are some good young guys on the team that got to go and now can be hungry to want to return and erase a 2 loss early exit. 

TebowHater

FWIW and SIAP...

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2015/jun/15/5-years-3-schools-1-mission-20150615/

I am happy to see that he is going to take a shot at the next level.  Some may not think he has the stuff, but this kid clearly has the worth ethic to achieve whatever he sets his mind to, and often times, that is all it takes. Furthermore, as he states in the article he is right that he just learning to pitch. 1.98 ERA in the NCAA tournament when you didn't start pitching until a couple of years ago...lots of potential.  You also don't get a 7-1 record and 3.16 ERA in the SEC on accident. Sorry if I am on his jock too hard, his passion for the hogs just makes me love him.

hoglady

If ever there were back to back games that would be classified as TEAM losses it would be those 2 Omaha games.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

DiamondHogFan

Losing is inevitable in baseball.  Losing 5-3 and 4-3 on the biggest stage possible, to the best teams in college baseball is nothing to be disappointed in.  I know these guys are disappointed because they are winners, but I hope they look back on it in a few days/weeks/months/years and realize they did something truly special.

Being a part of the 8 teams in Omaha is the goal of EVERY team each year.  Once in Omaha, anything can happen but only 1 team will end their season with a win.  The other 7 have nothing to hang there heads about though.