Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I must have angered the baseball gods....

Started by SPAL, June 15, 2015, 09:33:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

So it is like this.....

I had been wearing a standard razorback cap this season. Just a standard , run of the mill, cap I probably bought at Big Reds. Had worn it to every razorback event , so I thought nothing of it.

It was game 3 of the ole miss series and I was walking to my seats in 104. I had gotten my customary Dr. Pepper with lite ice in a collectable cup and was going to sit down, when I realized I wanted to buy a baseball hat. They had the replica hog hats the team wears and I ponied up the 35 bucks and I put it on. I wore that hat the rest of the year and we won or tied every series. We won at Creighton. We won in the SECT. We won our regional, we won our super and I was pumped.....I mean, I was like a kid at the park that day.

That's when I angered them. My lucky hat, as I had begun to believe it was, needed signed. Because, why not? It was a magical day.

Serrano was mobbed, Jackson was surrounded like a pop star. Bernal and Tacco, just a few....so, I had them both sign my hat.

We didn't win a game since and Bernal had his worst moments as a hog.

I'm the goat.

ricepig

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 15, 2015, 09:33:33 pm
So it is like this.....

I had been wearing a standard razorback cap this season. Just a standard , run of the mill, cap I probably bought at Big Reds. Had worn it to every razorback event , so I thought nothing of it.

It was game 3 of the ole miss series and I was walking to my seats in 104. I had gotten my customary Dr. Pepper with lite ice in a collectable cup and was going to sit down, when I realized I wanted to buy a baseball hat. They had the replica hog hats the team wears and I ponied up the 35 bucks and I put it on. I wore that hat the rest of the year and we won or tied every series. We won at Creighton. We won in the SECT. We won our regional, we won our super and I was pumped.....I mean, I was like a kid at the park that day.

That's when I angered them. My lucky hat, as I had begun to believe it was, needed signed. Because, why not? It was a magical day.

Serrano was mobbed, Jackson was surrounded like a pop star. Bernal and Tacco, just a few....so, I had them both sign my hat.

I'm the goat.

Better move.......

Hog in MO

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 15, 2015, 09:33:33 pm
So it is like this.....

I'm the goat.

This is iffy, but I'm gonna give you a pass this time.  Getting the sigs was an understandable act given the emotion of the day. But if you say you washed the hat then all bets are off - you're the goat.

GatorHog

Hogs collectible cups are your china.  True fan

BroyledNutts

PonderinHog

BroyledNutts

SPAL

Perhaps a burning ceremony must commence.

SPAL

PonderinHog

SPAL

PorcineSublime

Quote from: mrp on June 15, 2015, 09:37:55 pm
Get your point but I don't think it's to the level that you are the Hogs' Bartman.
What folks forget about Bartman is that the SS booted a ball the very next play that would have been an out and sent the Cubs to the WS.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

hog.goblin

HogFansReunited

We lost last night cause my fiancee took my lucky seat.  Last night was all my fault, sorry guys.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

howie76

And I was thinking it was me! I always read the game threads and never able to watch.

hoglady

I bought 2 different Omahogs T-shirts on Friday - wore one on Saturday and we lost, so I wore the other one yesterday and we lost again. I will continue to wear the shirts, but they will never be worn again during a Hog baseball game.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Sir Pig - let us know what you do with the cap.
I assume it's dead for any further Hog baseball games.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PorcineSublime

So at this time I find that tolerance and forgiveness are key. Therefore, as a duly appointed Hogville GM, I absolve you all of you sins against the baseball team, both willful and unknowing. Go and sin no more.  ;D
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

BroyledNutts

I own 3 different team worn Razorback Baseball jerseys...

If I wear one to a game and they lose, the jersey has to be dry cleaned before I can wear it again.

I also have a black fitted Razorback baseball cap I've worn twice - the hogs lost both times - I'll never wear it to another conference game.

theFlyingHog

I have a hat that causes us to lose football games and win baseball games. I left it in Arkansas and we lost both games I didn't have it on for. This one is on me