Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Proud of my Hogs Baseball team

Started by PigDaddyKane, June 15, 2015, 08:05:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PigDaddyKane

It's been fun to watch this team.  They overachieved and got us to the CWS.  Can't wait to see Benny in the bigs and see what CDVH does next year!
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

Ugly Uncle

This is what I posted on the UU facebook page.  I invite everyone to do the same here:

Hogs end a GREAT season as Miami scores in the bottom of the 9th to win the game. It was a magical season for the Hogs and I couldn't be prouder of them. Please post and show some appreciation to this great team, great season and great coach.
Retired Radio Host

Danny J

Never would have thought we would make it this far......losing by 1 run in the bottom of the 9th to one of the best teams in the country in the CWS is definitely better than where I thought we would be in March. Great season.

Tulrazorback

Great job Hogs!! Excellent season!

reddogjcss

They way these got keep fighting all year MAKES ME VERY PROUD. Great year for us Razorback Fans.
Proud of the state of Razorback Athletics.
WOO PIG

panhandlepig

These kids should be proud of themselves. They played their hearts out and exceeded expectations because they did not quit ever. I'm sad that this team won't get to play together again even for just 1 more game.... and selfishly for me, I won't get to watch them.

That's baseball, heck that's life. It's been a great season and there will be many more. Go Hogs and WPS.

Bubba's Bruisers

Hey, we overachieved this season.  Another great job by DVH.  Just need some hitters.  The program is in great shape.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

1hogfan

I have enjoyed this team so much! What a fun this season has been. So proud of all they accomplished. Thanks Guys; we will never forget!

Hawgphish

great season.  Enjoyed it.  Moving to MMQB now.

Music City Razorback

Great 6 months of being a Hog.  Beat Texas in a bowl, won a game in the NCAA tournament and went to the CWS.  Woo Pig indeed!
"Sure. I'm proud to be an American."
-Cincinnati Reds rookie pitcher Steve Foster, asked by a Canadian customs agent if he had anything to declare.

reddogjcss

Coach DVH, other coaches, players, fans all done great this year. Way to go boys.
WOO PIG

GatorHog

Super proud - they battled to the very end

Rockhawg

GREAT SEASON ! I am so Proud of these young men and the Outstanding Coaching job by the Staff ! What a TEAM effort to get as far as they did. To those that have played their last game as a Razorback, Thank You, i wish you nothing but success in your future! WOO PIG !!!

westside_player

They played well in this CWS and don't have anything to be ashamed of. when the other team gets a couple more hits and you get beat then live with it

SPAL

In a thread that congratulates the team on a great season and a remarkable run, we have yahoos that still wanna provide little digs. Unreal.

knoxvillehog

Awesome season. I have been following hogs baseball religiously for the last 4-5 years, but this year thanks to watch ESPN watched more games than ever and loved it.

Thanks to everyone here for the info, game threads, putting up with my occasional nonsense and passion for the Hogs. Can't wait till next year. Go Hogs!

peakhog

From .500 to 40 wins, National Player of the Year and, 35,000 fans at Baum for a Super Regional. DVH needs a bump!

jackflash

I have no words to say how proud I am of this team. Thanks for the memories

Kevin

Great run. A gritty team that never gave up. They gave all the had to the team.
Proud of this team.

Thanks for a great year
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

barzrback

ANY season that ends in Omaha is a GREAT season!
Enjoyed being along for the post season ride in Stillwater, Fayetteville & Omaha! 

Tejano Jawg

As a Hog football fan since the mid-70s and a basketball fan since the late-70s...this reminds me how painful BASEBALL losses can be.

They hit the ball, we didn't. Actually, there were plenty of times we didn't even need a base hit, just a good at bat. A deep fly ball, a grounder maybe. But our bad outs with runners in scoring position...won't get it done.

But getting there sure was fun. Heads up Hogs!
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

bellavistamike

So very proud to be a Hog baseball fan for the past several weeks! This team has earned great respect from friends around the SEC for their hard play and never-say-die attitude. WPS!

DLUXHOG

In April, when they were 15-15.... NO ONE thought they would end up as one of the 8 best teams in the country and in the CWS....   The players and coaches are men of great character......
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

rzrbackrob

Great run by the Hogs to make it to the CWS
Thanks for all the people on Hogville that provided the great information on a daily basis and especially the PBP guys.

Great year and it's not over yet as football is coming up fast.

Go Hogs
Good is the enemy of great

HoustonwehaveaProblem

I hope everyone can appreciate what dvh has been able to do with this program. Unreal the success we've had in his tenure! Pay the man!

SamBuckhart

Thanks for the great effort this year. Very proud to be a HOG. Wooo pig!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

stso927

all teams like to win. but , i think this team hated to lose more than anything. those teams don't come around very often. great job guys. WPS

WhenPigsFly

When the Hogs were 1-5 in SEC play, I didn't think they would even make a Regional, much less end the season in Omaha.  Thanks, Hogs!  It was quite a ride!

Hawgzinbowlz

A great season.
I don't think we overachieved as much as we were good enough to make it to the CWS and competed well enough to put ourselves in a position to advance.
It's how good we were this year...very good and competing until the end.

" GO OMAHOGS "

hamsam

Great season for the OmaHogs. Proud of these young men!!
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

STLhawg

Great season Razorbacks!  Those boys fought through the very end while handling a lot of adversity.  Go Hogs Go!!!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

When you have a season that you will never forget, it's been a successful season. This is one of those years.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on June 16, 2015, 10:03:08 pm
When you have a season that you will never forget, it's been a successful season. This is one of those years.

I just hope the players know we know what kind of effort they gave this season, when it would have been easier to coast to the finish and sack 'em for the year. I also hope they know how much joy and excitement they provided all of us, how much we were pulling for them, and how absolutely proud of them we really are.

SPAL

Quote from: BroyledNutts on June 18, 2015, 12:53:17 am
I just hope the players know we know what kind of effort they gave this season, when it would have been easier to coast to the finish and sack 'em for the year. I also hope they know how much joy and excitement they provided all of us, how much we were pulling for them, and how absolutely proud of them we really are.

I think the record turnout for the super speaks to that.

gmarv

special place in the heart of this hog fan for a special team.some teams that don,t win it all are truly winners.

Birminghog

What a great season, and what a great overall attitude among EI participants. How great would it be if this spirit could spill over into MMQB & JB?

Many, many thanks to all who are involved in the major workings of this board.

HoGFromTheStart

This was a really good year!! I wont say great considering they didn't win any CWS games, never the less they stepped it up and made it there. This has been a great year for the U of A athletic program. And I cant wait to see the gridiron Hogs make their presence known. In fact I think we all probably feel that way. Coach VH is a consistent coach and I am proud to have him. I believe that they will do even better next year. Very proud of all of you diamond Hogs, keep it up!!! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on June 16, 2015, 10:03:08 pm

DSTo (not a journalist) suck it trebek!

DLUXHOG

Quote from: HoGFromTheStart on June 19, 2015, 11:45:34 am
This was a really good year!! I wont say great considering they didn't win any CWS games, never the less they stepped it up and made it there. This has been a great year for the U of A athletic program. And I cant wait to see the gridiron Hogs make their presence known. In fact I think we all probably feel that way. Coach VH is a consistent coach and I am proud to have him. I believe that they will do even better next year. Very proud of all of you diamond Hogs, keep it up!!! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Seriously....?   It was a great year!    This team was 15-15 in April, and they were one of only eight teams in the nation to gravitate to the CWS........   I'll say it....  Hogs Baseball had a great year......!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

HoGFromTheStart

Quote from: DLUXHOG on June 19, 2015, 11:55:37 am

Seriously....?   It was a great year!    This team was 15-15 in April, and they were one of only eight teams in the nation to gravitate to the CWS........   I'll say it....  Hogs Baseball had a great year......!
I'm glad you feel that way and you have your opinion too. I feel like a great year is winning more games and at least making the final CWS game. I'm a little hard on them sometimes but it's only because i want them to be the best. I think that our four players who were drafted may have been a factor in their performance. I am very proud of them and I love the hogs almost as I love my kids lol. So keep up the "good" work and lets be "great" and win it all next year. :razorback: :razorback:
DSTo (not a journalist) suck it trebek!

CJ HOG

WOW...So only 2 out of 298 teams are capable of having a great year by your outlandish standards. That comes to around 0.67% or so. Amazing, I would hope you don't apply those same standards to your loving children, that's a lot to live up to in this world IMO.

SPAL

Making the CWS is the standard of a great year.