Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Perry Costello

Started by yraciv, June 13, 2015, 03:21:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

yraciv

If you missed it, he is the 1st base ump. What did we do to the baseball gods to have him show up in Omaha?

Hawgey-Davidson

Better question, how did he get assigned to work the CWS? Shouldnt be allowed to work little league.

Knot2brite

The question is exactly who in the ncaa does he have naked photos of with a goat
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

jfred59

Quote from: Knot2brite on June 13, 2015, 03:51:47 pm
The question is exactly who in the ncaa does he have naked photos of with a goat

Maybe he is the goat

Dr. Starcs

I'm betting he will be behind home plate Monday. Smh

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: yraciv on June 13, 2015, 03:21:30 pm
If you missed it, he is the 1st base ump. What did we do to the baseball gods to have him show up in Omaha?
I turned to my family and said we were doomed whenever they announced Costello was on first.  He didn't play a role in our game today...but my kids said it was probably a good thing I couldn't go to Omaha today....since he was one of the umpires.  After the Arizona State and South Carolina games...he shouldn't be allowed to participate in any of our games......ever.....

jfred59

Quote from: ROBLYNNM on June 13, 2015, 05:58:18 pm
I turned to my family and said we were doomed whenever they announced Costello was on first.  He didn't play a role in our game today...but my kids said it was probably a good thing I couldn't go to Omaha today....since he was one of the umpires.  After the Arizona State and South Carolina games...he shouldn't be allowed to participate in any of our games......ever.....

If I am DVH and JL, I might make a friendly call to someone at the NCAA office and remind them of his screw jobs before and ask that the crew not be assigned to our game.  If they dont,  the first time and I mean first time, he misses calls or has his floating strike zone, DVH ought to go out and go off on him and get his moneys worth

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: jfred59 on June 13, 2015, 06:06:56 pm
If I am DVH and JL, I might make a friendly call to someone at the NCAA office and remind them of his screw jobs before and ask that the crew not be assigned to our game.  If they dont,  the first time and I mean first time, he misses calls or has his floating strike zone, DVH ought to go out and go off on him and get his moneys worth
Absolutely....

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 13, 2015, 05:55:16 pm
I'm betting he will be behind home plate Monday. Smh

If the rotation is kept Costello should be behind the plate tonight for Florida...

GatorHog

Quote from: BroyledNutts on June 13, 2015, 06:50:06 pm
If the rotation is kept Costello should be behind the plate tonight for Florida...

I don't think that's him back there - ump has blonde hair

onebadrubi

Quote from: GatorHog on June 13, 2015, 07:14:55 pm

I'm betting they are using two crews and each crew is doing 1 game a day, but I may be wrong

BroyledNutts

Quote from: GatorHog on June 13, 2015, 07:14:55 pm

No it isn't...it's Stevens, if I heard the announcers right - must be saving Mr. P for LSU...he loves him some LSU...

GatorHog

When they switch to Costello's ump cam, it will look like Walleye vision from Hot Shots

razCzar

Bo Bigham's day didn't get off to a ringing start either, with this 2nd inning ring-up from home plate umpire Perry Costello.

razCzar

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: razCzar on June 13, 2015, 07:54:52 pm

He had a tiny mustache in today's game....gag....puke....spit....

rhog1

I dislike him more than any other official in any sport. The Arizona State game was the biggest highway robbery I have ever seen.  Follow that up with the robbery against South Carolina. If he is behind home plate Monday we might as well give it up he will not let us win.  :puke:

BroyledNutts

Quote from: rhog1 on June 13, 2015, 08:22:05 pm
I dislike him more than any other official in any sport. The Arizona State game was the biggest highway robbery I have ever seen.  Follow that up with the robbery against South Carolina. If he is behind home plate Monday we might as well give it up he will not let us win.  :puke:

First pitch from whomever we throw needs to be about 146mph FB to the frontal lobe or the esophagus.

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: BroyledNutts on June 13, 2015, 09:50:55 pm
First pitch from whomever we throw needs to be about 146mph FB to the frontal lobe or the esophagus.
I am all in for a wild pitch....

RayburnRed

If that's Costello behind the plates in the Florida game I wouldn't be surprised.  I just tuned in 30 minutes ago but he's been anything but consistent.

Razorback7281

Quote from: BroyledNutts on June 13, 2015, 09:50:55 pm
Just need a "miscommunication" between the pitcher and chatcher. Catcher jumps up for a pitch out, pitcher throws a heater right down the middle.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

yraciv

Quote from: rhog1 on June 13, 2015, 08:22:05 pm

One guy ahead of him for me. The NBA ref Joey Crawford.

soooieman

He and Marc Curles would be a great couple.

onebadrubi

Quote from: yraciv on June 13, 2015, 11:59:27 pm

Thank you!!!  Finally someone sees it like
Me!  Crawford is on a payroll or just the biggest *** idiot out there

Razorback7281

Quote from: yraciv on June 13, 2015, 11:59:27 pm
Quote from: onebadrubi on June 14, 2015, 01:20:48 am
Thank you!!!  Finally someone sees it like
Me!  Crawford is on a payroll or just the biggest *** idiot out there
No doubt. 2006 Finals. Crawford and Costello the biggest screw jobs in my sports fandom.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.

yraciv

Quote from: Razorback7281 on June 14, 2015, 10:30:26 am
No doubt. 2006 Finals. Crawford and Costello the biggest screw jobs in my sports fandom.

I remember him tossing Tim Duncan for laughing.

onebadrubi

Quote from: yraciv on June 14, 2015, 11:52:37 am
I remember him tossing Tim Duncan for laughing.

The rest of that story is even better, look into it.  You're on the tip of the ice.  He laughed for what the dumby Crawford said to him

Fort Dweller

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 14, 2015, 01:22:25 pm
The rest of that story is even better, look into it.  You're on the tip of the ice.  He laughed for what the dumby Crawford said to him

You wanna fight?  You wanna fight?
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Fort Dweller on June 14, 2015, 01:55:38 pm
You wanna fight?  You wanna fight?

There is just something wrong with a 60 year old 5' something old white many asking a 7' professional basketball player that along with a racial slur I bekieve

Sue E NoNutts

Looks like he is behind the plate for the Vandy-CSF game tonight.
Your/You're.....the difference between knowing your shite and knowing you're shite.

Lose/Loose.  When you lose weight, your pants feel loose.

Cracker Jack

Quote from: Sue E NoNutts on June 14, 2015, 07:13:37 pm
I wonder who he has chosen to screw over tonight?  That guy just needs to go away!

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: Cracker Jack on June 14, 2015, 07:17:36 pm
I wonder who he has chosen to screw over tonight?  That guy just needs to go away!
At least we probably won't have him behind the plate for our game tomorrow! 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Sue E NoNutts on June 14, 2015, 07:13:37 pm

Beat me to it

Fort Dweller

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 14, 2015, 06:49:01 pm
There is just something wrong with a 60 year old 5' something old white many asking a 7' professional basketball player that along with a racial slur I bekieve

I didn't hear the slur part.  I thought he called him a SOB after challenging him.  I thought Duncan was priceless.  ". We can do that if he wants."  HAHAHAHAHA
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 14, 2015, 06:49:01 pm
one imagines a 60 year old Bruce Lee or a 60 year old Chuck Norris being able to make short work of ANY 7' basketball player...."sweep the leg, Bruce, sweep the leg!"
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on June 14, 2015, 07:57:35 pm
one imagines a 60 year old Bruce Lee or a 60 year old Chuck Norris being able to make short work of ANY 7' basketball player...."sweep the leg, Bruce, sweep the leg!"

Yes, Joey Crawford, Bruce Lee, and Chuck norris belong in the same sentence.  Not even good sarcasm

Razorback7281

Classic Perry Costello in the Vandy game. Swanson asks for time at the plate 4 or 5 times before the pitcher started his wind up. Costello ignores it doesn't give him time then calls a strike on a pitch that was a ball.

ricepig

Quote from: Razorback7281 on June 14, 2015, 09:26:54 pm
Classic Perry Costello in the Vandy game. Swanson asks for time at the plate 4 or 5 times before the pitcher started his wind up. Costello ignores it doesn't give him time then calls a strike on a pitch that was a ball.

Actually, K zone showed it as a strike.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Razorback7281 on June 14, 2015, 09:26:54 pm

Umps/refs again wanting to be part of the game, it makes them feel special. 

Razorback7281

Quote from: ricepig on June 14, 2015, 09:28:10 pm
Actually, K zone showed it as a strike.
just rewound it, it was outside.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 14, 2015, 09:17:46 pm
Yes, Joey Crawford, Bruce Lee, and Chuck norris belong in the same sentence.  Not even good sarcasm
you are the type of guy who would slam on the brakes, turn around on a two lane highway in the middle of the night just because you missed running over that garter snake crossing the road just so you can finish the job

ad: a lot like Perry Costello
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

TikiHog

I actually thought he had a good game tonight

yraciv

Quote from: TikiHog on June 15, 2015, 12:42:33 am

I missed the game, but I'm not sure that is possible.  Of course it's pretty easy to call strikes when you have 2 of the best pitchers in the nation.  Most of his atrocious calls come late in  games anyways, so I guess it is possible he was adequate since they didn't make it through the 6th inning.

Pig Papi

Quote from: TikiHog on June 15, 2015, 12:42:33 am

Nobody tried to steal 2nd yet.  No chance to show his knowledge on batter interference.

BroyledNutts

He was having a good game last night...I wonder how much the new ump cam plays in to that..

PC's a West Coast guy if I'm not mistaken, and Vandy is the media darlings this year, so maybe there was nothing on the field for him to dislike.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: methog on June 15, 2015, 08:23:46 am
Nobody tried to steal 2nd yet.  No chance to show his knowledge on batter interference.
+1

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: methog on June 15, 2015, 08:23:46 am
Called batter interference not once...but twice...against Eibner.  Never will forget those calls.....

Rocket23

Costello is from Michigan. 

Dr. Starcs

Good ole perry behind home plate for game 1 of the finals. Somebody's getting screwed.

bulldog04

Will Coleman don't be showing up Costello or he will put the screws to you