Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Coaching Carousel

Started by ucahogfan, May 24, 2015, 06:31:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersD1 
  ·  1h 1 hour ago   
.@BaylorBaseball announces head coach Steve Smith will not return next season. That's big news, as Smith had a very successful career #Sicem

·  1h 1 hour ago   
If I'm @BaylorBaseball I make Houston's Todd Whitting or DBU's Dan Heefner turn me down. period. #Sicem

bulldog04

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 24, 2015, 06:31:55 pm
  ·  1h 1 hour ago   
.@BaylorBaseball announces head coach Steve Smith will not return next season. That's big news, as Smith had a very successful career #Sicem

·  1h 1 hour ago   
If I'm @BaylorBaseball I make Houston's Todd Whitting or DBU's Dan Heefner turn me down. period. #Sicem

It's quite possible that if Baylor beat us in that super he gets 1 more year

dotnet

Quote from: bulldog04 on May 24, 2015, 07:12:45 pm
It's quite possible that if Baylor beat us in that super he gets 1 more year

They had a great team... They could have easily won it all

ucahogfan

·  11m 11 minutes ago   
Wow. @ArizonaBaseball HC Andy Lopez announces his retirement this morning. Won a national title at #Arizona. Outstanding coach and man

ucahogfan

Aaron Fitt @aaronfitt 
  ·  16m 16 minutes ago   
A few obvious names for Arizona job—UCSB's Andrew Checketts, Pepperdine's Steve Rodriguez, UNM's Ray Birmingham, Oregon asst Mark Wasikowski

Aaron Fitt @aaronfitt 
  ·  8m 8 minutes ago   
Arizona should also give a look to Jay Johnson, who has done very impressive work in a short period of time at Nevada.

ucahogfan

·  4h 4 hours ago   
.@Cougbaseball HC Donnie Marbut has been let go after 11 seasons with the program. He guided #Wazzu to two regional appearances. #Pac12

ucahogfan

It would not surprise me to see Alabama make a change and let Mitch Gaspard go.  Alabama has had a strong nucleus together that started the season ranked, but did not live up to potential.  He only has one winning record in SEC play (2014 at 15-14).  Alabama is moving into an essentially new stadium as I saw first hand.

If they do make a change, Todd Butler could be a potential candidate down there after spending a lot of time there as an assistant.

Kevin

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 26, 2015, 06:30:21 pm
It would not surprise me to see Alabama make a change and let Mitch Gaspard go.  Alabama has had a strong nucleus together that started the season ranked, but did not live up to potential.  He only has one winning record in SEC play (2014 at 15-14).  Alabama is moving into an essentially new stadium as I saw first hand.

If they do make a change, Todd Butler could be a potential candidate down there after spending a lot of time there as an assistant.

I think he gets a pass this year, because of the stadium renovation. Next probably not
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jbcarol

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersD1  ·  10h 10 hours ago

.@MizzouBaseball assistant and recruiting coordinator Kerrick Jackson will not return next season. Was a family decision on his part. #SEC

Dave Matter @Dave_Matter  ·  9h 9 hours ago

Missouri spokesman declined to confirm or deny @KendallRogersD1 report that assistant baseball coach @SrryCochJackson is stepping down
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Dave Matter @Dave_Matter  ·  21h 21 hours ago

Hearing that Mizzou AD Mack Rhoades & Tim Jamieson plan to meet this weekend to discuss future. Rhoades in Destin all week for SEC meetings.

Missouri missing the tournament underscored by the next big story: Tim Jamieson's contract expires June 30.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

dotnet

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 26, 2015, 06:27:55 pm
  ·  4h 4 hours ago   
.@Cougbaseball HC Donnie Marbut has been let go after 11 seasons with the program. He guided #Wazzu to two regional appearances. #Pac12

One of those was at Baum, I think

jbcarol

Tennessee Baseball @Vol_Baseball  ·  May 26

Assoc. HC Greg Bergeron has resigned from his position w/ @Vol_Baseball to pursue other baseball opportunities:

Dustin Dopirak @TennesseeBeat  ·  May 21

Media just met with Dave Serrano. He said he's been "humbled" by this season. Said there will be a lot of philosophical re-evaluation.

ucahogfan

Quote from: jbcarol on May 27, 2015, 07:06:49 am
Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersD1  ·  10h 10 hours ago

.@MizzouBaseball assistant and recruiting coordinator Kerrick Jackson will not return next season. Was a family decision on his part. #SEC

Dave Matter @Dave_Matter  ·  9h 9 hours ago

Missouri spokesman declined to confirm or deny @KendallRogersD1 report that assistant baseball coach @SrryCochJackson is stepping down
Big loss for the Tigers.  I know a lot of Mizzou fans were comparing him to Vitello in terms of impact on the recruiting trail.

rhog1

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 27, 2015, 08:41:07 pm
Big loss for the Tigers.  I know a lot of Mizzou fans were comparing him to Vitello in terms of impact on the recruiting trail.
Any chance Vitello would replace him at Missouri, or would he hold out for the head coaches job?

ucahogfan

Quote from: rhog1 on May 27, 2015, 08:51:29 pm
Any chance Vitello would replace him at Missouri, or would he hold out for the head coaches job?
I would be shocked if Vitello left for anything lower than a HC job.  He has already been an assistant at Mizzou before going to TCU.  If Jamieson were to step down, I would be scared about losing Vitello because I think he would be one of the top candidates to replace him.

ricepig

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 27, 2015, 09:01:23 pm
I would be shocked if Vitello left for anything lower than a HC job.  He has already been an assistant at Mizzou before going to TCU.  If Jamieson were to step down, I would be scared about losing Vitello because I think he would be one of the top candidates to replace him.
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-missouri/article21585192.html

ucahogfan

Quote from: ricepig on May 27, 2015, 09:03:36 pm
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-missouri/article21585192.html
Yeah, that worries me a little.  Jamieson has advanced to 9 Regionals during his time at Mizzou.  7 of those came during the 8 years Vitello was on staff.  You would think the Mizzou fan base would want him to replace Jamieson.

ricepig

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 27, 2015, 09:19:58 pm
Yeah, that worries me a little.  Jamieson has advanced to 9 Regionals during his time at Mizzou.  7 of those came during the 8 years Vitello was on staff.  You would think the Mizzou fan base would want him to replace Jamieson.

When the AD says he doesn't know if he's going to keep you and you have a month left on your contract, you might as well call Allied Moving Vans.

ucahogfan

Quote from: ricepig on May 27, 2015, 09:23:08 pm
When the AD says he doesn't know if he's going to keep you and you have a month left on your contract, you might as well call Allied Moving Vans.
Yep, it sounds like the Tigers are going to make a change.

I think of lot of fans at South Carolina want to make a change as well, but Tanner is going to give Holbrook some time since Tanner groomed Holbrook to be his replacement.

Razorback7281

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 27, 2015, 09:27:03 pm
Yep, it sounds like the Tigers are going to make a change.

I think of lot of fans at South Carolina want to make a change as well, but Tanner is going to give Holbrook some time since Tanner groomed Holbrook to be his replacement.
Holbrook is in a similar situation to what Smoke Laval was in when he took over for Bertman at LSU. He won an SEC title and went to Omaha twice but was gone within 5 years. It's tough to follow someone that successful.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

Bas3ball13

Holbrook has a good recruiting class coming in if he can get them to campus.  This is why  I believe Tanner is extending the time

Suidae Suis Scrofa

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 27, 2015, 09:19:58 pm
Anything new about MO coach Jamieson, or will we not hear more until after the CWS and MO can talk to replacements?

-phil

jbcarol

Kendall Rogers ‏@KendallRogersD1  11h11 hours ago
Big @SEC news: I'm told that @AlabamaBSB HC Mitch Gaspard will return for the 2016 season. Like that move, deserves to open new park.

ricepig

.@MizzouBaseball announces HC Tim Jamieson has gotten a three-year extension. Right decision, #Mizzou will be very solid in 2016. #SEC

Maddhog

Good to hear about Mizzou's coach.  Was mildly concerned that they might be interested in Coach Vitello. 
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

jbcarol

Quote from: ricepig on June 03, 2015, 12:32:51 pm
.@MizzouBaseball announces HC Tim Jamieson has gotten a three-year extension. Right decision, #Mizzou will be very solid in 2016. #SEC

Blake Toppmeyer ‏@btoppmeyer 10m10 minutes ago Missouri, USA

From @JoeWalljasper || #Mizzou baseball Coach Tim Jamieson receives three-year contract extension http://www.columbiatribune.com/sports/missouri-extends-jamieson-s-contract/article_602d09d6-d5f5-5b51-af74-39c0f88b2a55.html ...

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger ‏@HKellenbergerCL 7h7 hours ago

Would big changes help Mississippi State baseball, or would it just make it different? http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/2015/06/02/kellenberger-patient-msus-cohen/28368299/ ...

QuoteI get why there are Mississippi State fans who want big, overwhelming changes in the baseball program. It has a long history, and most of it is really good. Just two years ago it was playing for a national championship. But after a 24-30 season in which the Bulldogs finished dead last in the Southeastern Conference, there are deservedly upset people.

Which means they want to fire an assistant. Heck, fire two. Clean out the clubhouse. Make the head coach stand in front of a camera and promise this will never, ever happen again. Then, have the athletics director come up behind him and say if it does, then they'll both be out of a job. It'd feel real good in that moment, like something was happening.

But what happens the next day? Or the day after that? Will things be better, or just different?

I'd lean towards the latter when it comes to Mississippi State baseball. Changes have to be made, but not on a big scale. The program has to continue to evolve, but I also think John Cohen knows that...

Bulldogs relied on a staff of sinkerball-dominant pitchers to go to a College World Series, win a SEC championship and make a super regional from 2011-13. That was great up until the moment the baseball was changed in order to increase offense last offseason. Lower seams means less friction on the ball and a sinker that does not sink, which is really just a ball waiting to get hit a long way.

This is where Cohen takes the blame.

"We were not out in front of that," Cohen said. "... We didn't know over a one-year period the changes of the seams on the ball were going to be so dramatic."

Cohen said he's not going to completely go away from pitchers that rely on their sinker, as long as they're successful, but yeah, velocity is going to be more important. And guys that can pitch in late games with swing-and-miss breaking ball stuff...

rhog1

http://tigerboard.com/boards/view.php?message=12915466

Checking Tigerboard these Mizzou fans sure want Vitello back. Hopefully he wont leave us for anything short of a head coaching job.

Kevin

Clemson thinks they can get Corbin or o'sullivan
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ucahogfan

Quote from: Kevin on June 04, 2015, 12:04:22 pm
Clemson thinks they can get Corbin or o'sullivan
Both are former assistants under Leggett, but there is a zero percent chance that happens.  They should go after Monte Lee at Charleston.

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports 16m16 minutes ago

Former Auburn baseball coach John Pawlowski headed to Western Kentucky http://ow.ly/NSOL6

hawgmasta

Quote from: rhog1 on June 03, 2015, 03:49:43 pm
http://tigerboard.com/boards/view.php?message=12915466

Checking Tigerboard these Mizzou fans sure want Vitello back. Hopefully he wont leave us for anything short of a head coaching job.

The format on that board made me whimper. Like a small school boy who lost his books.

Vandyhog4

Quote from: ucahogfan on June 04, 2015, 12:06:13 pm
Both are former assistants under Leggett, but there is a zero percent chance that happens.  They should go after Monte Lee at Charleston.
Yeah, I don't see either Corbin or O'Sullivan leaving Vandy or Florida.  Not sure why they would really.  I would be shocked if it happened.   

You have to think Monte Lee is near the top of the list.  If they were smart, they would hire him before South Carolina gets tired of Holbrook.   

ucahogfan

Kendall Rogers ‏@KendallRogersD1  · 25m25 minutes ago 
Huge news for @DBU_Baseball: Head coach Dan Heefner was offered the @BaylorBaseball gig but has chosen to stay put. Very big news for #DBU.

Kendall Rogers ‏@KendallRogersD1  · 22m22 minutes ago 
With Walton and Heefner out on @BaylorBaseball, Mitch Thompson comes to mind and @VandyBaseball asst Travis Jewett is worth watching. #Sicem

Kendall Rogers ‏@KendallRogersD1  · 17m17 minutes ago 
I understand @BaylorBaseball having issues w struggles, but if you want to fire a program icon, I.e, Steve Smith, might want a plan in place

Knot2brite

Baylor figured they would be the promised land for all these amazing coaches ....Steve Smith was a good baseball guy...sometimes you just got to stick with the one that got you there
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

ucahogfan

Aaron Fitt ‏@aaronfitt  · 39m39 minutes ago 
BREAKING: Arizona has hired Nevada's Jay Johnson as its new head coach. He's got tons of Arizona connections from days as USD recruiter.

Aaron Fitt ‏@aaronfitt  · 38m38 minutes ago 
Johnson also helped Kris Bryant develop at USD, then turned Nevada into a contender in short order. Charismatic guy, teaches HITTING well

jbcarol

Chris Low ‏@ClowESPN Jun 8

Tennessee hit a real home run by bringing Larry Simcox back on the Vols' baseball staff. He'll be a resource in every way.

Tennessee Baseball ‏@Vol_Baseball

NEWS: Larry Simcox joins @Vol_Baseball coaching staff, as announced by HC @DaveSerranoUT: http://1tn.co/1KkJoLc 
8:32 AM - 8 Jun 2015

ucahogfan

Kendall Rogers ‏@KendallRogersD1  · 11h11 hours ago 
Two names to potentially keep an eye on at @BaylorBaseball: #Pepperdine's Steve Rodriguez and #Samford's Casey Dunn. Told #BU has interest.

Don't think there is any chance Rodriguez leaves his alma mater in Malibu for Waco, TX after supposedly being in the running at Arizona.  They could get Dunn who is one of the rising stars in college baseball.

SPAL

"@KendallRogersD1: BREAKING: I've been informed that @PacificBaseball has parted ways with long-time head coach Ed Sprague today. #WCC #UOP #Pacific"