Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brutal Schedule Coming Up

Started by litmachog, November 21, 2012, 08:28:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

litmachog

Ok we have gotten past all the weak "Sisters of Charity of Nazareth" type teams.  Now the schedule hooks up with Arizona State, either Wisconsin or Creighton, #6 Syracuse, Oklahoma, and #4 Michigan.  All of these teams are still undefeated.  I'm not sure any of the teams we have played so far have yet to win a game.  We will now find out what we are made of.

Can we win 2 of those games?  I'm thinking if we go 2 and 3 to move to 5 and 3, we should be happy.

jry04

Quote from: litmachog on November 21, 2012, 08:28:33 am
Ok we have gotten past all the weak "Sisters of Charity of Nazareth" type teams.  Now the schedule hooks up with Arizona State, either Wisconsin or Creighton, #6 Syracuse, Oklahoma, and #4 Michigan.  All of these teams are still undefeated.  I'm not sure any of the teams we have played so far have yet to win a game.  We will now find out what we are made of.

Can we win 2 of those games?  I'm thinking if we go 2 and 3 to move to 5 and 3, we should be happy.
I think we go 3-2. However, if we win both games this weekend I would not be surprised if we knocked of Syracuse and OU.

batmanfan

3-2 and I'll call that a win.  2-3 will be ho-hum.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

latrops

It really is more about how the team competes against those type teams than it is that they win, at this point.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how this team matches up with ranked teams.  I would expect at least two wins out of the upcoming five games, and hope for 3 or more.

HF#1

If you want to know how far we can go into the NCAA tournament, these next five game should tell you quite a bit. 

We will learn a lot about this team in a hurry.  Should be fun to watch.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HF#1

Quote from: batmanfan on November 21, 2012, 08:35:05 am
3-2 and I'll call that a win.  2-3 will be ho-hum.

I'd take 2-3 right now and run into conference play.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on November 21, 2012, 08:34:22 am
I think we go 3-2. However, if we win both games this weekend I would not be surprised if we knocked of Syracuse and OU.
Not beating Syracuse ... I don't see it

HoopS

I haven't seen Cuse yet.  Are they long, as usual?

Speedracer

Certainly will answer a lot of questions after this stretch.  I personally am stoked we are playing teams like these.  Kids love these games and our team will grow from it.  Go hawgs!
Like smites bother me.

SWD26

Quote from: HoopS on November 21, 2012, 09:35:02 am
I haven't seen Cuse yet.  Are they long, as usual?

http://www.suathletics.com/roster.aspx?path=mbasket

We'll have our work cut out for us. I marked this one as a -W- on my schedule though!

jry04

November 21, 2012, 10:45:56 am #10 Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 10:48:19 am by rsvl_hogfan4
Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on November 21, 2012, 09:16:49 am
Not beating Syracuse ... I don't see it
I would be willing to bet I know more about Syracuse than anyone on this board. I have been a fan of theirs for over 10 years, and can count how many games I have missed in that time. If I don't watch them live, I watch the replay online. While I will not say we are going to beat them, we definitely have a good shot if we control the pace of the game.

If we get in a half court game, then we are in trouble. Boeheim rarely takes his teams away from home. This will be their first true road game of the season, and they have a lot of inexperienced players. Carter-Williams and Christmas are Sophomores, but didn't get much PT last year. Keita and Southerland got valuable minutes in the NCAAT when Fab Melo was ruled out,  but they didn't get a ton of time during the season. We don't match up with them size wise, but if we can control the tempo we have a good shot. Boeheim doesn't like to use his bench a lot. They typically will only play 6 or 7 players 10 or more minutes. They are guard oriented. Their bigs are not near as polished as they have had in the past. Keita, Christmas, and Coleman have some work to do. Southerland is a 6'8" forward that is lethal from deep, though. If we are playing fast and able to press then we will have a good chance. The biggest key is making sure we knock down shots so that we can get into the press. If we have a poor shooting night and never get to set up the press then we will be playing a half court game all night and it will be tough for us to score against their zone.

We will definitely be the under dog, but if we are sitting at 5-0 with 20,000 Razorback fans in the BWA, we will have a good shot to shock the nation. I wouldn't rule anything out when BWA is packed like it will be. The energy from the crowd alone should be good for an 8 or 10 point difference.

dbhog

Don't see us beating Michigan on the road.  Would like to say we can beat AZ State on Friday but we would have a tough matchup if we play Creighton on Saturday.  Think we should beat OU with our pressure defense at home and Syracuse is a tossup.  So would think 2-3 at worst and maybe 3-2.  Anything more than that and I would be ecstatic.

Tony Perkis

It's going to be fun...hopefully.

Dogtown Donkey

vs. Arizona State - WIN
vs. Creighton/Wisconsin - Not sure, need to see ASU game first
vs. Syracuse - LOSS
vs. Oklahoma - WIN
@ Michigan - LOSS

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on November 21, 2012, 11:19:42 am
vs. Arizona State - WIN
vs. Syracuse - LOSS
vs. Oklahoma - WIN
@ Michigan - LOSS

regardless how it works out it's a great test that should serve us once we reach conference play.

jry04

Quote from: dbhog on November 21, 2012, 11:13:28 am
Don't see us beating Michigan on the road.  Would like to say we can beat AZ State on Friday but we would have a tough matchup if we play Creighton on Saturday.  Think we should beat OU with our pressure defense at home and Syracuse is a tossup.  So would think 2-3 at worst and maybe 3-2.  Anything more than that and I would be ecstatic.
If we don't be ASU, we may be in for a long season.

checkraiser88

Finally we will have a Non Conference SOS worth talking about!! Hopefully we can win a few in this stretch!

bolo1010

November 21, 2012, 01:05:30 pm #17 Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 01:10:38 pm by bolo1010
I like the having the tough competition coming up. Not only will it keep our players on their toes and give em good game experience, it will also help towards the end of the season if we are a bubble team.

Rooster Hogburn

To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

litmachog

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on November 21, 2012, 11:19:42 am
vs. Arizona State - WIN
vs. Syracuse - LOSS
vs. Oklahoma - WIN
@ Michigan - LOSS

This is what I see for the Hogs.

texhog

Yeah...not looking so good.  Can you say 1-4 or 0-5 on this stretch?