Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Major Applewhite new Houston Head Coach

Started by East Clintwood, December 09, 2016, 09:33:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

RedyorNot

Makes the most sense of any of the candidates IMO.

Hoggie17

O no, if he goes to LSU as OC The SEC West will be even harder to win.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

MissippHog

Wow, that's about as dysfunctional as LSU's coaching search.

cpohog

Absolutely NOT POSSIBLE!!!!!  >:(

There is a 2 page discussion here on HV stating Lil Kiffy is going to be the HC @ UH?!?!?!?! OH no!!! How could this BE???? LOL!

HV Strikes again!!!!  8)

Hogwild

Quote from: Hoggie17 on December 09, 2016, 09:41:10 am
O no, if he goes to LSU as OC The SEC West will be even harder to win.

I would rather that, then LSU poaching Enos.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

I could see the same thing happening here if Enos sticks around someday.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Seebs

Quote from: Hogwild on December 09, 2016, 10:22:27 am

Enos has an SEC no compete on parallel positions and could not go to LSU. So the only poaching is eggs in the morning.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

scorekeeper

UT guy getting his HC experience in order to go back to Austin in 5 years. Herman must produce a NC within 5 years along with no losing seasons.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: cpohog on December 09, 2016, 10:17:53 am
Absolutely NOT POSSIBLE!!!!!  >:(

There is a 2 page discussion here on HV stating Lil Kiffy is going to be the HC @ UH?!?!?!?! OH no!!! How could this BE???? LOL!

HV Strikes again!!!!  8)
to be fair, half the posts were of people saying, "wrong".
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on December 09, 2016, 10:24:48 am
I could see the same thing happening here if Enos sticks around someday.
That's an interesting thought.  I don't know that it will happen though.  I expect Enos to take a head coaching job elsewhere before ours come open. 

I think Enos will be a head coach in the next 2 years, and for our HC position to be open we will have had pretty poor (similar to this year or worse) seasons over the next 2.  If that is the case, I don't think anyone on the current staff stays.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hogwild on December 09, 2016, 10:22:27 am

What part of NON-COMPETE clause do you not understand/?

Hogwild

Quote from: Seebs on December 09, 2016, 10:29:29 am
Enos has an SEC no compete on parallel positions and could not go to LSU. So the only poaching is eggs in the morning.

I stole this from an SEC board that said Enos was planning to interview over the weekend.
QuoteCompanies and individuals outside of Louisiana seeking to do business here are often surprised by Louisiana's non-compete law. Most other states use a reasonableness test to determine the validity of non-compete agreements. If a particular non-compete agreement is reasonable in scope and duration, depending upon the industry, most states uphold such an agreement-not so in Louisiana. To the contrary, Louisiana contracts that restrain someone's right to work are presumed to be invalid. Moreover, Louisiana law prevents efforts to avoid the applicability of Louisiana's strict law in contractually providing for the applicability of another state's law in a non-compete agreement involving an employer/employee relationship. In short, Louisiana law on non-compete agreements cannot be avoided for outsiders seeking to do business in Louisiana.

The validity of non-compete agreements in Louisiana is strictly controlled by a single statutory provision (La. R.S. 23:921) and its judicial interpretation:

Every contract or agreement, or provision thereof, by which anyone is restrained from exercising a lawful profession, trade, or business of any kind, except as provided in this Section, shall be null and void

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: Hogwild on December 09, 2016, 10:40:48 am
I stole this from an SEC board that said Enos was planning to interview over the weekend.
So...Louisiana is the new "honey badger"?

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: Seebs on December 09, 2016, 10:29:29 am
What if they tagged him with "Assistant HC/OC".  Would that still be a parallel position?

Calling All Hogs

Contract can be enforced in Arkansas courts.

lilRockNDubb

Lincoln Riley and Kiffin didn't want the huge buyout clauses.. that's why neither are there

younghog

GO HOGS

PorkRinds

Quote from: scorekeeper on December 09, 2016, 10:32:06 am
UT guy getting his HC experience in order to go back to Austin in 5 years. Herman must produce a NC within 5 years along with no losing seasons.
Doubtful. He left UT in scandal after screwing an athletic trainer. He won't be a HC there.

Hogwild

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on December 09, 2016, 10:52:14 am
Contract can be enforced in Arkansas courts.

Can you explain how that would work, I'm not a lawyer.  If he takes a job in Louisiana, how would any Arkansas court prevent that.

parallaxpig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 09, 2016, 10:32:10 am

If your looking for fairness you are posting on wrong message board. 
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Hog10S

Quote from: Hogwild on December 09, 2016, 11:03:43 am
Can you explain how that would work, I'm not a lawyer.  If he takes a job in Louisiana, how would any Arkansas court prevent that.
First, I'm sure the contract has a choice of law provision that states Arkansas law applies. It was for an Arkansas job while Enos lived in Arkansas with the University of Arkansas.  So no problems there.  What would happen is the suit would be in Arkansas.  The University would could win the judgment and then they go file the judgment with a Louisiana court, which would enforce the Arkansas court judgment.  Happens all the time.  Otherwise, anytime anyone lost a case they would simply move to another state to avoid having to pay or otherwise comply with the contract terms.

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 09, 2016, 10:32:10 am

I think most of the posts were saying what the gossip "columnist" were saying. I said that when Herman went to Texass that they would promote Applewhite, a lot cheaper, and the same avenue of hiring an OC that they used last time.

DeltaBoy

WOW and all I read the past 3 days was Lane was going to Houston.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 09, 2016, 11:32:32 am
WOW and all I read the past 3 days was Lane was going to Houston.
Well, clearly you have been looking for answers in all the wrong places.

26.2Hog

Quote from: Hog10S on December 09, 2016, 11:12:38 am
First, I'm sure the contract has a choice of law provision that states Arkansas law applies. It was for an Arkansas job while Enos lived in Arkansas with the University of Arkansas.  So no problems there.  What would happen is the suit would be in Arkansas.  The University would could win the judgment and then they go file the judgment with a Louisiana court, which would enforce the Arkansas court judgment.  Happens all the time.  Otherwise, anytime anyone lost a case they would simply move to another state to avoid having to pay or otherwise comply with the contract terms.

Thank you, counselor.  You explained that so even I could understand it.

Hogwild

Quote from: Hog10S on December 09, 2016, 11:12:38 am

The way I read it, sound like Louisiana courts won't enforce other state's non-compete agreement. But I didn't go to law school nor study the Napoleonic Code
QuoteMoreover, Louisiana law prevents efforts to avoid the applicability of Louisiana's strict law in contractually providing for the applicability of another state's law in a non-compete agreement involving an employer/employee relationship. In short, Louisiana law on non-compete agreements cannot be avoided for outsiders seeking to do business in Louisiana.

Calling All Hogs

December 09, 2016, 11:40:38 am #29 Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 04:55:43 pm by Calling All Hogs
I guess if we ever want to hire someone off the LSU staff we don't have to worry about a no compete clause. Thanks Louisiana law. :)

Hawghiggs

sowmonella

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 09, 2016, 11:01:11 am
Doubtful. He left UT in scandal after screwing an athletic trainer. He won't be a HC there.

Pics or it didn't happen. JK
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Calling All Hogs

I'm just glad Applewhite got the counseling he needed so hopefully he doesn't wind up like Petrino still humping college girls in his 50's. :) 

We should all hope, every High School and College sports official, at any level, male or female,  don't all have a come to Jesus meeting with themselves and go public with their mis-adventures at the same time, begging to be fired immediately.  Many sports would have to be dropped completely due to lack of qualified instructors.  I wonder what Jeff Long would do if we suddenly had to close out two thirds of the sports he runs herd over and Arkansas couldn't afford him anymore and other schools didn't need an AD due to the same problems Arkansas was having.  I wonder how many ADs would join the come to Jesus meeting?  I would bet more than didn't.

ricepig

Quote from: 12247 on December 09, 2016, 06:15:38 pm
We should all hope, every High School and College sports official, at any level, male or female,  don't all have a come to Jesus meeting with themselves and go public with their mis-adventures at the same time, begging to be fired immediately.  Many sports would have to be dropped completely due to lack of qualified instructors.  I wonder what Jeff Long would do if we suddenly had to close out two thirds of the sports he runs herd over and Arkansas couldn't afford him anymore and other schools didn't need an AD due to the same problems Arkansas was having.  I wonder how many ADs would join the come to Jesus meeting?  I would bet more than didn't.

Link?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on December 09, 2016, 04:55:12 pm
I'm just glad Applewhite got the counseling he needed so hopefully he doesn't wind up like Petrino still humping college girls in his 50's. :) 

We should all be so lucky.

PorkSoda

that is great and all, but the UoA isn't doing business in LA.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

onebadrubi

Quote from: MissippHog on December 09, 2016, 10:01:12 am
Wow, that's about as dysfunctional as LSU's coaching search.

No not really.  They made it very clear early on that they wanted a big buyout so they wouldn't become a stepping stone, like ASU.  Kiffin and his party made it clear early on that wasn't going to be acceptable.  Both did so through the public media. 

LSU complete FUBAR'd their coaching search starting with the Fisher/Miles fiasco two season ago.

RzRbAcK18

Inhogswetrust

I'm starting to wonder if Jeff Long himself handled the Houston coaching search!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

longpig

Nobody wants Lane Kiffin, the most accomplished OC of our time.  He must really really suck at personal interviews.  What the hell is he going to do if staying put is untenable, another OC job is beneath him and no program of any substance will hire him as HC?
Don't be scared, be smart.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: longpig on December 10, 2016, 10:31:41 am
Nobody wants Lane Kiffin, the most accomplished OC of our time.  He must really really suck at personal interviews.  What the hell is he going to do if staying put is untenable, another OC job is beneath him and no program of any substance will hire him as HC?

I don't know about most accomplished of our time.  He is at Alabama and no offense that team wins no matter who the coordinators are because of Saban. He will get a head coaching job eventually and we will see if he is any better than what he was at Tennessee or USC. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

NuttinItUp

He will get a shot somewhere as HC. It may be next year, but he will get another chance.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 10, 2016, 09:10:31 pm
He will get a shot somewhere as HC. It may be next year, but he will get another chance.

Honestly I don't really think he has proven anything, but we will see eventually.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

RazorbackToTheFuture

Iwastherein1969

when I think of Applewhite, I think of the Y2K Cotton Bowl game.....we beat that poor boy to death until he 'tapped out' and then Mack Brown threw Chrissy Simms to the lions (razorbacks that day) and we beat him like a one roll pinata...good lord, those were the days, I hate to admit it, but Nutt could field some decent defenses
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

NuttinItUp

(notOM)Rebel123

More accomplished than St. Gus? Don't let Verne hear you say that....
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber