Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The SEC team least likely to win is...

Started by Locutus_of_Boar, December 07, 2016, 05:21:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Locutus_of_Boar

...South Carolina but guess whose the 2nd most likely to lose.  This is what happens when your defense is statistically one of the all-time worst.

Mississippi State   over Miami (Ohio)   81.90%
Alabama over Washington   68.20%
Tennessee   over Nebraska   67.20%
Texas A&M over Kansas State   62.80%

Louisville over   LSU   51.10%
NC State   over Vanderbilt   52.50%
Florida over Iowa   53.10%
Oklahoma   over Auburn   53.40%

TCU   over Georgia   56.00%
Georgia Tech over Kentucky   59.30%

Virginia Tech over Arkansas    66.40%
South Florida over South Carolina   71.40%

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/127026/fpi-breaks-down-bowl-season

ricepig

We're lukely we aren't playing Oklahoma.....

Buff

I stopped at "Alabama over Washington   68.20%"

I actually am confident about this game, since we have so much time to prepare.

LZH

hogcard1964

Hog Fan...DOH!

Bielema vs. teams with spread offenses:  dominate for 3 quarters.  Hold ball for 40 minutes.  Go up 20-7.  Lose 28-24.   Rinse, wash, repeat. 

Well at least the defense played well late getting 2 safeties for us.  But I know what you mean.

Broyles worked when he needed to and had very good assistants.
Holtz poor mouthed and worked when he had to and had good assistants.
Hatfield had great schedules and worked hard.
Nutt had no idea but came out on the field to assure no one got media attention but him
Petrino worked because his ego wouldn't him not to
Smith didn't realize he was supposed to work
When BB starts working we will try and learn his MO.

dhizzle

Quote from: 12247 on December 07, 2016, 06:11:16 pm
Well at least the defense played well late getting 2 safeties for us.  But I know what you mean.

I thought the same thing when I saw the score.

Iwastherein1969

Is that the same crew that had Hillary's odds of winning the Presidency at 98.4% the day before the election ?  Might as well be.  We are going to put something on Va Tech that ajax cleaner won't take off....book that !
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 07, 2016, 06:32:05 pm
Is that the same crew that had Hillary's odds of winning the Presidency at 98.4% the day before the election ?  Might as well be.  We are going to put something on Va Tech that ajax cleaner won't take off....book that !

Is that from your head or your heart?
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

MissippHog

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on December 07, 2016, 06:02:06 pm
Bielema vs. teams with spread offenses:  dominate for 3 quarters.  Hold ball for 40 minutes.  Go up 20-7.  Lose 28-24.   Rinse, wash, repeat.
I'm trying to do the math.  You're saying we typically give up 3 TD's but get 2 safeties in the 4th quarter?

farmhawg

Quote from: MissippHog on December 07, 2016, 06:47:47 pm
I'm trying to do the math.  You're saying we typically give up 3 TD's but get 2 safeties in the 4th quarter?
Its our new game strategy.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hawganatic

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on December 07, 2016, 06:02:06 pm

Only game I remember even remotely looking like this is Missouri.  The rest of our losses this season were nothing like this.....

hawganatic

Quote from: 12247 on December 07, 2016, 06:16:07 pm
Broyles worked when he needed to and had very good assistants.
Holtz poor mouthed and worked when he had to and had good assistants.
Hatfield had great schedules and worked hard.
Nutt had no idea but came out on the field to assure no one got media attention but him
Petrino worked because his ego wouldn't him not to
Smith didn't realize he was supposed to work
When BB starts working we will try and learn his MO.

So you're saying that a coach can improve from an 0-8 conference record in his first season to 5-3 in his third by just showing up???

Interesting...

jgphillips3

Quote from: hawganatic on December 07, 2016, 07:06:24 pm
Only game I remember even remotely looking like this is Missouri.  The rest of our losses this season were nothing like this.....

True.  We never had a chance in the other losses...except for A&M.

HamSammich

There will gonna be some epic butt whooping this bowl season in the sec and they will mostly go against us.

NuttinItUp

According to the article, FPI has been more accurate than the Vegas line this year. That is actually pretty impressive.

Nope, I am saying that if we enter the 4th with 20 points as the poster suggested and score 4 in the 4th quarter, about the only way to do that is 2 safeties.  The Math isn't too difficult on that.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Buff on December 07, 2016, 05:45:21 pm
I stopped at "Alabama over Washington   68.20%"

I actually am confident about this game, since we have so much time to prepare.

Yeah, it's a good thing we've got more time than VT to prepare.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

The Kig

Money says those odds came out BEFORE USF Coach was hired by Oregon.  Sadly, we may well get destroyed. 
Poker Porker

Well, its about time we had more time than the competition to get ready cause we hear often that there just isn't time to prepare the second team, the #2 QB, look for other choices for any position.  I guess that is because we get less time to prepare throughout the season, spring practice and fall practice, then all other teams.  Soooo, finally we get more time than V. Tech.  I wonder, does all the underdogs get more time than their competition.

EastexHawg

Florida vs. Iowa should be called the Snooze Bowl.  Quarterbacks are optional.

EastexHawg

If Jeremy Johnson has to play QB for Auburn again OU's odds of beating them will be more like 93.4%.  How can you be in a program that long, and have that much game experience, and still be that hapless?

DeltaBoy

I expect the SEC to represent well in the Bowls.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Jeremy Johnson was supposed to be the next Cam.  I sometimes wonder how so many can be so wrong.  Gus bet the wad on Johnson and he failed then kept on failing.  Nearly took Gus with him and he may still.

The SECs only hope is that the favorites get the big head and let many of us in the door.

Hoggish1

Inhogswetrust

December 10, 2016, 01:22:54 pm #27 Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 06:52:47 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: ricepig on December 07, 2016, 05:23:56 pm
We're lukely we aren't playing Oklahoma.....

There are only MAYBE two I'd feel comfortable about being favored against and one of those is iffy since we already beat one of them earlier this year.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi