Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just for fun...

Started by Iwastherein1969, December 07, 2016, 04:47:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwastherein1969

what decision or comment or action by John L. Smith do you consider the most bone headed during his one year stint (blessed by Jeff Long), to be the worst and most obvious blunder ?    I say SMITH'S decision to Redshirt a great young lineman named Darius Philon. We only got two years out of this ultra-talented young man. Redshirting Philon has to be the worst coaching decision ever made by Coach Smiley. Basically its like jumping in the sack with Scarlett Johannson midway through a hot sex scene, it was great but the wasted time could have made the experience much better.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

al_pigcino

I think talking to the media was the worst decision he did.  He should have done a "no comment" to every question and went home.

hawgfan4life

Tick Hog

I remember John L calling us Alabama at least two times during one interview.

ATLHog

NO, I can't relive that again...please don't make me!!

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: ATLHog on December 07, 2016, 05:10:14 pm
NO, I can't relive that again...please don't make me!!
hilarious....my 6.44 latte from Starbucks is now on my keyboard...sticky, icky
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

longpig

He should be sued for his compensation, because there's no way in hell he's dumb enough to think that he could actually do the job.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Hey he was told to show up, stay out of the way, anyone ask him anything just garble a little coach speak and hurry away as if going to an important meeting.  Unfortunately, he didn't prep for that and then the durn QB got hurt and people had all kinds of questions.  He forgot where he was, who was paying him, what team he worked for.

farmhawg

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 07, 2016, 04:47:18 pm
what decision or comment or action by John L. Smith do you consider the most bone headed during his one year stint (blessed by Jeff Long), to be the worst and most obvious blunder ?    I say SMITH'S decision to Redshirt a great young lineman named Darius Philon. We only got two years out of this ultra-talented young man. Redshirting Philon has to be the worst coaching decision ever made by Coach Smiley. Basically its like jumping in the sack with Scarlett Johannson midway through a hot sex scene, it was great but the wasted time could have made the experience much better.
That anolgy might have added 5 seconds to the experience.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

The Boar War

Not running the ball in the fourth quarter against ULM.  Heck, taking a knee for three downs and punting every possession would have won us the game.

WBOBO

Calling us Alabama made my drop my head in shame.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

Hawgzinbowlz

Alabama...He should be sued for impersonating a coach and theft of property (salary).

" GO HOGS "