Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How the Hokies and Hogs Stack Up

Started by Pork Twain, December 06, 2016, 09:36:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pork Twain

December 06, 2016, 09:36:11 am Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 07:09:17 am by Pork Twain
Here are the numbers on how the two teams stack up.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

code red

Good info.  We will have to play mistake free to win. IMHO. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

elksnort

If our offensive line can block Virginia Tech "well enough" we have a great chance to beat them.

This is the key to the 2016 Razorback football team as I have seen it.

code red

Quote from: elksnort on December 06, 2016, 11:22:52 am
If our offensive line can block Virginia Tech "well enough" we have a great chance to beat them.

I would agree.  VT is in somewhat of a quandary when it comes to the way they will attack.  If they decide to cut the head off the run....we need to hurt them on the deep ball.  I think Reed needs to show off if this happens.  But,  I don't think this will happen.  I think they will play zone over the top and win with 5-6 in the box.  Because their offense is good enough to run ruff shot over our defense...unless we have miraculously improved.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

elksnort

Quote from: code red on December 06, 2016, 11:34:18 am
I would agree.  VT is in somewhat of a quandary when it comes to the way they will attack.  If they decide to cut the head off the run....we need to hurt them on the deep ball.  I think Reed needs to show off if this happens.  But,  I don't think this will happen.  I think they will play zone over the top and win with 5-6 in the box.  Because their offense is good enough to run ruff shot over our defense...unless we have miraculously improved.
Like CMA'S seemingly unwilling to change in basketball, let's hope that our defense in football with make some personel and/or scheme adjustments. I would like to see us get as much as speed as we got on the filed while on defense. Am I mistaken in thinking that Randy Ramsey is very capable of making plays all over the field? What about Dejon Harris? Isn't he very fast? Get some damn speed on the field when we are on defense!

DeltaBoy

We need play D like we did in the Fla game to win.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

MS_HogFan

Quote from: elksnort on December 06, 2016, 11:22:52 am

I agree.

I haven't watched Tech play this year. Does anyone know about their defensive line?
SOOIE

Pork Twain

Here are the numbers side by side for a little easier view of strength vs weakness.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Pork Twain

Quote from: MS_HogFan on December 06, 2016, 01:30:29 pm
I agree.

I haven't watched Tech play this year. Does anyone know about their defensive line?
Having a vested interest and living in C'Ville, I have watched them several times.  They get decent pressure but nothing like we have seen in the SEC.  I would also wager that outside of a couple of teams, they have not seen an offense like ours.  Too many just want to look at their record or their numbers without also looking at who those were achieved against and that is why I put together the first two tables.  They did not get to there by beating SEC or B1G type talent.  They say steal sharpens steal and we are about to find out

rljjr

If we play our Florida game, and they play their Syracuse game I'll go home a happy man.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 06, 2016, 01:07:59 pm
We need play D like we did in the Fla game to win.

Yes, well, if Virginia Tech decides to rush the ball only ELEVEN times against the worst rush defense in the northern hemisphere, then we can play D like we did in the Florida game.

holeinthewall

Hogberry Snortcake

I was cautiously optimistic until I saw this thread.  Ouch. 

Pork Twain

tophawg19

the fact that Georgia tech beat them tells me they can be run on. which opens up the pass . don't forget we put up 30 against the Bama defense . should have been more except for Ref's .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ChicoHog

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 06, 2016, 07:45:24 pm
the fact that Georgia tech beat them tells me they can be run on. which opens up the pass . don't forget we put up 30 against the Bama defense . should have been more except for Ref's .
You mean except for Allen throwing a 100 yard pick 6 when it could have been out TD?  What does that have to do with the refs?

Pork Twain

nchogg

It's a wait and see. I always hope for the best. It depends who wants the game the most.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 06, 2016, 07:45:24 pm

It doesn't matter HOW many you put up against an opponent's D IF your D cannot even stop a duck from drowning in the middle of the Sahara desert.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HawgTrough

this has to be our worst defense in school history
WPS

regi

Gonna need 500 +  yards, 35 min top, 45 points to have a shot to win. 

jgphillips3

Quote from: regi on December 13, 2016, 07:13:58 pm
Gonna need 500 +  yards, 35 min top, 45 points to have a shot to win. 

That sounds about right.

GTOWNHOG

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 06, 2016, 09:36:11 am
Here are the numbers on how the two teams stack up.

One key statistic.... YARDS per Rush....... ARkansas has allowed 6.16 yards per rush.  128th in the FBS......  Virginia Tech 42, Arkansas 28....  See ya...
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!