Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What I hope happens...

Started by hawgsalot, December 06, 2016, 09:33:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgsalot

It's Bret's job to decide Rob's fate and he's done a good job to date on hiring and firing so I'm going to trust him on that.  What I do hope is that we find the cash for 10+ noncoaching assistants like bama, that only manages recruiting and film breakdown.  There was an article a while back and it was shocking how many non coaching assistants they have on staff, that's a major major advantage.  I would imagine Bret wants them and they'll probably cost around 1 mil to 1.5 mil to get but this would help in so many ways.  Recruiting, opponent and self film breakdown of tendencies would certainly be much improved with that kind of staff.  I would love to find out if and why this hasn't happened with the money the SEC is raking in for us.

EastexHawg

Quote from: hawgsalot on December 06, 2016, 09:33:55 am
It's Bret's job to decide Rob's fate and he's done a good job to date on hiring and firing so I'm going to trust him on that.

What are the criteria for this assessment?

hawgsalot

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 06, 2016, 09:37:19 am

Good Grief East way to skip the point of the thread to insure you get your passive aggressive jabs in. :-\

But to play along with your trolling he hired Chris Ash which is a DC for a playoff team, Sam Pittman that Nick wanted, Dan Enos who has AR offenses challenging Offensive records for us, Partridge which was widely considered a super star, Rhoads  etc...  Anyone who would attempt to say that CBB's staff isn't the best since we've joined the SEC is simply arguing to argue which is your gig we know.

hogcard1964

The PTB, shouldn't allow him to make any changes unless it's done by necessity. 

These are the people he wanted.  Make it work.

go hogues

What I do hope is that we find the cash for 10+ noncoaching assistants like bama, that only manages recruiting and film breakdown. I would love to find out if and why this hasn't happened with the money the SEC is raking in for us.
Alabama does ANYTHING at their disposal to win games. The school has limitless amounts of cash and football in that state is only notionally less important than clean drinking water and traffic light maintenance. The average Arkansan's interest in college football is pedestrian AT BEST in comparison to the average Alabaman.
This is why Alabama has won 20 some odd MNC's and consequently, why they've been sanctioned by the NCAA at nearly the same clip. They rely on cheating and unfair advantages, though now with Saban's mystique, the reliance of outright cheating has probably dwindled a bit.

Arkansas does not have the amount of money to be competitive for top level assistants in this capacity. Moreover, even if we did, I would venture to say that such assistants wouldn't think the job worth the effort, as our chances at attracting, much less landing, 15+ blue chip athletes a year are next to zero.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

code red

I hope we can beat Missouri next year.....I don't care how....just beat em.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hogcard1964

Quote from: code red on December 06, 2016, 11:11:10 am

I guess that's a "goal".   :(

Sed76

Missouri has become like SMU was in the 90's for us.

HotlantaHog

I think head coaches should get near complete control over hiring and firing their staffs. Let the coach decide who puts the team in the best position to win. If there is no change, I am fine with it.

It is a good question for the media to ask, Arkansas ranked among the worst in the SEC in defense, what are you doing to improve it next year? ... Everything is not about the coaching staff ....

If the AD loses confidence in the overall program, make a change in the head coach. Until then, Bret should be able to make whatever changes he wants. Or not make changes.

HogHomer

It's Bret's job to decide Rob's fate and he's done a good job to date on hiring and firing so I'm going to trust him on that.  What I do hope is that we find the cash for 10+ noncoaching assistants like bama, that only manages recruiting and film breakdown.  There was an article a while back and it was shocking how many non coaching assistants they have on staff, that's a major major advantage.  I would imagine Bret wants them and they'll probably cost around 1 mil to 1.5 mil to get but this would help in so many ways.  Recruiting, opponent and self film breakdown of tendencies would certainly be much improved with that kind of staff.  I would love to find out if and why this hasn't happened with the money the SEC is raking in for us.
We actually have two analyst (one for Defense, one for offense). Idk if they are the same every year but I do know we've had at least 2 the past couple of seasons

Also we have an entire staff dedicated to recruiting.

PorkSoda

What I do hope is that we find the cash for 10+ noncoaching assistants like bama, that only manages recruiting and film breakdown. 
you mean like these guys

Ben Herbert   Head Strength and Conditioning Coach
Mark Taurisani   Assistant Athletic Director of Football Operations
E.K. Franks   Director of Recruiting
Bobby Allen   Director of High School and NFL Relations
Matthew Engelbert   Director of Video
Peter Weiden   Assistant Director of Football Operations
Brey Cook   Graduate Assistant for Offense
Alfred Davis   Graduate Assistant for Defense
Taylor Reed   Graduate Assistant for Offense
Mark Sheridan   Graduate Assistant for Defense
Tanner Burns   Quality Control for Special Teams
David Parker   Quality Control for Defense
John Roberts   Quality Control for Offense
Rob Ash   Offensive Analyst
Wally Burnham   Defensive Analyst
Cory Bichey   Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach
Price Holmes   Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach
Tenarius Wright   Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach
Daniel Bush   Assistant Recruiting Coordinator / Director of Personnel
Jake Rosch   Director of Football Equipment Operations
Ryan Robertson   Assistant Football Equipment Manager
Chris Johnson   Associate Director of Academics
JL Jennings   Academic Counselor
Clarinda Carr   Administrative Assistant to Head Coach
Laurie Hicks   Administrative Assistant to Assistant Coach
Tara Speer   Administrative Assistant to Recruiting
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

hogginbama

I think he may be talking along the lines of the 146 non-coaching football department employees that were on the staff in 2012. They bring in experienced former head coaches or assistants in a non-coaching capacity to analysis and help implement new techniques. We bring in new grad-assistants in actual coaching capacities.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17164115/alabama-crimson-tide-nick-saban-lead-revolution-size-college-football-coaching-staffs

My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Pig in the Pokey

no, he was referring to the other 10 coaches Bama has that nobody else does.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

wachhog

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 06, 2016, 09:37:19 am
Obviously not wins and losses.

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 06, 2016, 10:28:45 am
The PTB, shouldn't allow him to make any changes unless it's done by necessity. 

These are the people he wanted.  Make it work.
That's retarded.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

PorkSoda

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 06, 2016, 11:18:09 pm
no, he was referring to the other 10 coaches Bama has that nobody else does.
which ones.  obviously we aren't bama, but everyone has ex-coaches on staff in non coaching positions.  it just depends on how much you got in the budget.  saban may have started the trend, but other schools are catching up.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

longpig

Quote from: code red on December 06, 2016, 11:11:10 am

Alls I wanted this season was to beat Miss. St.  All the other Ws are bonus.
Don't be scared, be smart.

greasy_corner

We've got close to 10 associate AD's...we can't afford to pay those that do real work.