Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I just googled what is a Hokie...

Started by Hogaholism, December 05, 2016, 06:03:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogaholism

GolfnHog

Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

NuttinItUp

hog of steele

All I know is that there is a pokie named after it.

Hogaholism

Quote from: GolfnHog on December 05, 2016, 06:04:40 pm
it's a turkey isn't it?

a derivative of a turkey...oddly...it'll fry, tho...

Pork Twain

Here in Central Virginia, we have the Hokies and the Hoos.

Here are the corn hole boards my daughter and her boyfriend made me this summer, they are both going to Tech.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Tejano Jawg

Thanks. I meant to do it last night but I forgot.

I think I would always default to some "husky" derivative, which makes no sense, and is pretty far off genetically. I've always liked their non-traditional color scheme...but when I close my eyes I could NEVER picture their logo (other than the VT). Maybe they were keeping that bird thing on the down-low.

Gobble gobble.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogfan14

Guess we will figure out which is the better meat between ham and turkey

3kgthog

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 05, 2016, 06:32:14 pm

Here are the corn hole boards my daughter and her boyfriend made me this summer, they are both going to Tech.

Dang. I wouldn't even use that beauty. I'd hang it on the wall! Love that artwork.

jkstock04

That's pretty awesome.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hogwild

QuoteThe answer leads all the way back to 1896 when Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College changed its name to Virginia Polytechnic Institute. With the change came the necessity for writing a new cheer and a contest for such a purpose was held by the student body.

Senior O.M. Stull won first prize for his "Hokie" yell (Old Hokie Cheer below) which is still used today. Later, when asked if "Hokie" had any special meaning, Stull explained the word was solely the product of his imagination and was used only as an attention-getter for his yell. It soon became a nickname for all Tech teams and for those people loyal to Tech athletics.

The official university school colors - Chicago Maroon and Burnt Orange - also were introduced in 1896. The colors were chosen by a committee because they made a 'unique combination' not worn elsewhere at the time. The official definition of "hokie" is "a loyal Virginia Tech Fan".

Quote"Old Hokie" Cheer
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hy!
Tech, Tech, VPI
Sol-a-rex, Sol-a-rah
Poly Tech Vir-gin-ia
Ray rah VPI
Team! Team! Team

QuoteYou've seen Mountaineers fumble,
You've been in Hurricanes' eye,
And you know 'ol Syracuse
Has learned the force of Hokie-Hi.
Worthy teams from all around,
Like Hoos from UVA,
Know a winning team awaits them;
Victory is ours today.

GO, TECH!
GO, TECH!
H-O-K-I-E-S, HOKIES!

Sho Nuff

Burnt orange huh?  Good, I was looking for a reason to hate them ::hornsdown::

itshogsbaby

Those are solid cornhole boards!!

onebadrubi

You need to put some of that clear poly coating like on bar top tables. It's pretty easy to do just a little time consuming.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

hogcard1964

That!  Is cool!

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

WJBilly

hokie
adjective
corny and contrived, fake and melodramatic, insincerely emotional; also written hokey

noun
an emasculated turkey

Got this at dictionary.com

Count De Money

(notOM)Rebel123

December 08, 2016, 01:30:22 pm #20 Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 03:01:34 pm by (notOM)Rebel123
Always thought it was a town on the Southside of Walnut Ridge. Home of the Mustangs.
"Funny what you don't know."-Floyd Lawson

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelor/cast/raven
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hokiepro

Quote from: WJBilly on December 08, 2016, 12:41:11 pm
hokie
adjective
corny and contrived, fake and melodramatic, insincerely emotional; also written hokey

noun
an emasculated turkey

Got this at dictionary.com

Not true...Hokie is made up. A UVA grad editor for a dictionary slid that false definition in about the turkey. Hokie is a cheer and a VT supporter or student, nothing more

Pork Twain

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 06, 2016, 12:21:23 pm
You need to put some of that clear poly coating like on bar top tables. It's pretty easy to do just a little time consuming.
Already has some on it.  Can't put too much on it or it will mess up your cornhole game.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hoggish1

What happenes when a Hokie does the Hokie Poky?

Arkamedes

After the second half of the Missouri game, I can't think of a better opportunity to turn ourselves around! Woo Pig!
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: hog of steele on December 05, 2016, 06:07:31 pm
All I know is that there is a pokie named after it.

All I know is that you shouldn't do the Hokie Pokie!
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton