Started by redleg, December 05, 2016, 11:35:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ATLHog

Are we sneaking the HONEST PREDICTION thread in here? Ah, why not:
Honest prediction: Hokies win 40-28
Dishonest: Hogs squeak by (or squeal) 38-35

Hoggiedawg

TDHawgs

We barely beat Lousiana Tech.. with our defense, I'm not confident we even come close...

Wishful thinking.  Wanting the win.  You bet I am.  I hope we beat them so bad even their coaching staff all has nose bleed.

Common sense says no.  They are the better team.  Well coached.  Ready to play usually. 

Tech 45
Ark   21

Iwastherein1969

Oh ye of little faith....make the score    Tusks   31     Gobblers 14     and that's after the Hog defense allows a late, meaningless touchdown by Va Tech
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Hoggish1

This is just so sad... A "Hog fan" that would pick against the Hogs in a bowl game.  Really, really sorry, people...

GTOWNHOG

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 05, 2016, 09:05:50 pm
This is just so sad... A "Hog fan" that would pick against the Hogs in a bowl game.  Really, really sorry, people...

Blame the team and the coaching staff.....  How in the world do you LOSE to a 3-8 Missouri team after leading by a wide margin at the half?  This is NOT a good team... or else our Coaches are incompetent....  Choose your poison...
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

BielemaBrilliance

Miracles happen...hogs win, 48-35
"When you win, nothing hurts" Joe N

DeltaBoy

Hog D goes FLA on the Hokies and the Hogs win going away 28-12.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

IntegrityHog

I predict that our players will give 100% effort, play with good sportsmanship, and represent our university with class. A win would be icing on the cake!

ballhogger

Quote from: cosmodrum on December 05, 2016, 12:18:03 pm
Nightmare matchup and well-coached.

Not a nightmare matchup.  It would have been a nightmare matchup if we had played Georgia tech.  This should be a fun game.

Westcoasthog

Redleg  how do you know that Arkansas will lose to Virginia Tech?

hogsanity

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 06, 2016, 08:29:41 am
Hog D goes FLA on the Hokies and the Hogs win going away 28-12.

Hokies offense is far better than Fla's.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Westcoasthog on December 06, 2016, 10:42:31 am
Redleg  how do you know that Arkansas will lose to Virginia Tech?

He doesn't and simply put, no one does as not a second of that game has ticked off the clock yet.    Says he's a fan, but I highly doubt it....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

nchogg

I have seen Hogs play better and get up for the challenge when we are not ranked and play a ranked team. Hogs win.

casken

Good Hogs show...we win a squeaker

Bad Hogs show up...lose by 17 or more
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

ishankem

Hogs have not recovered from Missouri loss, their confidence is shot.  They are thinking there could be some coaching changes. Uncertainty runs rampant and they know the fans are unhappy and think the team is full of underachieving losers. So, they put out less than 100 percent and the Hokies win, 35-20

MS_HogFan

I think most of these predictions are based on the 2nd half of the Missouri game. I haven't watched Virginia Tech play this year but looking at their schedule and record I don't see anything that impressive. They played Clemson close but Clemson had several games like that this year. Their best win was against NC but that was played in a hurricane and had 12 fumbles combined in the game.

They might beat us but they certainly are no juggernaut.
SOOIE

razoredge178

I predict if we roll over like some predict that the seats are gonna sizzle from January until September..

PossumFan

Quote from: MS_HogFan on December 06, 2016, 01:09:14 pm
I think most of these predictions are based on the 2nd half of the Missouri game. I haven't watched Virginia Tech play this year but looking at their schedule and record I don't see anything that impressive. They played Clemson close but Clemson had several games like that this year. Their best win was against NC but that was played in a hurricane and had 12 fumbles combined in the game.

You're right. People use Tech's strong performance against Clemson as measuring stick but forget Clemson barely beat TROY. Someone in this forum compared Jerod Evans to RGIII, which is preposterous. He's more like previous Hokie QB Logan Thomas as a runner, but he does throw better and has a couple of good WRs ... but nothing better than Hogs have faced week in and week out in the SEC. Some also think Hogs' confidence is so shot that they'll just go through the motions, but I think it's equally possible they will have a bad taste in their mouths from the Mizzou game and be hellbent on getting rid of it. I think CBB will have them ready, and it will be a close game one way or the other.

hogsanity

Quote from: PossumFan on December 06, 2016, 01:22:04 pm
He's more like previous Hokie QB Logan Thomas as a runner, but he does throw better and has a couple of good WRs ... but nothing better than Hogs have faced week in and week out in the SEC.

And struggled with week in and week out too. That is what I am basing my prediction on. They have a Qb who can get it to their wr's, and that can run enough to take advantage of the 2 glaring weaknesses of this defense.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Hogwild

ESPN-

QuoteBelk Bowl: Arkansas vs. No. 22 Virginia Tech
(5:30 p.m., ESPN, Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, North Carolina)
Despite an ACC championship game loss, Virginia Tech is trending in the right direction under Justin Fuente. Arkansas is simply too inconsistent and surprisingly shaky along both lines. Hokies quarterback Jerod Evans accounts for four scores as Virginia Tech finishes with 10 wins in Fuente's first season.

Virginia Tech 38, Arkansas 27.

sowmonella

December 06, 2016, 10:16:03 pm #73 Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 10:05:15 am by sowmonella
Quote from: ishankem on December 06, 2016, 01:06:02 pm
Hogs have not recovered from Missouri loss, their confidence is shot.  They are thinking there could be some coaching changes. Uncertainty runs rampant and they know the fans are unhappy and think the team is full of underachieving losers. So, they put out less than 100 percent and the Hokies win, 35-20
That is hysterical. How in the wide wide world of sports do some of you come up with this crap?????????
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

longtimeHogfan

My new father-in-law is a hokie.  Hate it that he's probably going to start our friendship out with bragging rights. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

gawntrail

My prediction:

2 cigars, a bottle of bourbon, some brisket for sandwiches, the 60", and a comfy chair.  It's going to be a long off-season.

WOO PIG!!

311Hog

31-28 hogs in double OT :razorback:

Redhogs

Quote from: IntegrityHog on December 06, 2016, 09:51:35 am
I predict that our players will give 100% effort, play with good sportsmanship, and represent our university with class. A win would be icing on the cake!
God you are sick. Whether you mean what you post over and over again or are just a troll of the highest order, either way, you are one sick puppy. Sorry puppies.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Youngsta71701

Do we have a new DC or a new defensive scheme? No. Ok, we lose then... :(
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

code red

Quote from: MS_HogFan on December 06, 2016, 01:09:14 pm

9-4 and played in their Championship for the Conference.  I am sure they can beat MSU, Mizzou, Ole Miss and Florida.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

orvillesghost

41-24 VT, dual threat QB, all you need to know

Feb. 2017, mediocre recruiting class, 10th or so in SEC, many HV posters begin *Stars don't matter mantra*

2017 season, Arkansas wins first couple of games, fans proclaim sky is the limit

Lose to A&M again, HV implosion

I threw in a few extra predictions for fun...

pfrg999

Hogs 45
VT 34
Or
VT 51
HOGS 35
or
HOGS 34
VT 31
or
VT 28
Hogs 24

Nailed It...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Shrevepork

I think it will be close and may depend on whose field goal kicker is hot.

hogatheart

After watching the Notre Dame game, I'm not so sure their defense is much better than average. Their offense will give the ball up from time to time, but their QB is a good athlete. If our D can't keep them out of 3rd and short, they may have to add a third digit to the scoreboard. BUT,..I believe if we play at least average D, we can win a shoot out. VT is everything we DO NOT want to play, and I haven't seen average D from us much this year. I hope Im wrong, but VT 42 Hogs 28

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: HF#1 on December 05, 2016, 11:49:58 am
We proved, against Florida, that we could play at least some defense.
Exactly. We proved that we can play with a good team, so the "we don't have the players" argument is null and void. Its now 100% on the coaches. Im not impressed with Rory Segrests ability to develop defensive linemen and im not too thrilled about robb smiths scheming ability (or lack thereof)
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HF#1

Win 3rd down on both sides of the ball and win the game.  That is about the only prediction I can make.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin