Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NUTT - PETRINO - SMITH - BIELEMA BY THE NUMBERS

Started by Michael D Huff AIA, December 05, 2016, 08:52:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbax

Quote from: hawganatic on December 08, 2016, 07:44:01 am
Then how in the hell do you make the statement CBB had worse? You gave an intangible opinion and while not perfect, I gave you a somewhat tangible measure of talent. The NFL draft.  NFL draftees four years after that fact has absolutely nothing to do with the talent they had on campus when they stepped on campus. BS. Development is important, but talent is always the most important aspect in being drafted. Prime example is the higher percentage of 4 and 5 stars being drafted.   Saying that Beliema inherited NFL talent insinuates It insinuates nothing but the fact he inherited 9 players plus a few from this years team. You keep adding fillers and conclusions that I did not state. Again, He inherited more talent per the NFL in his first year. You want to argue development, start another thread. he had a chalked team, ready to play, that were already marked for the NFL. Again, you made the statement CBB had it worse in first-year talent from the previous staff. You designate CBB as the reason these players made the NFL, yet cannot explain why CBB cannot develop the replacements for a Philon, Flowers, Mitchel or Smith. Maybe the talent has something to do with it. Additionally, why don't you quantify who wasn't ready and by how much they improved in their talent. Quantify to me this talent increase. You can't.    Name the players Beliema inherited that fit this description. Swanson - Started since his RS freshman year. Flowers - started all games in 2012 and all non-injured games 2013. Chris Smith -  37 tackles and 8.5 sacks in 2013. 2nd team all SEC. Kiero Small - A leader. Zach Hocker - Wish we had him now. Tevin Mitchel - Injury prevented a bigger impact. Darius Philon - 2nd team All SEC 2012. Jonathan Williams - 11 game starter in 2013.

Petrino's last two recruting classes were ranked mid to low 20's. Where have you been? This is where our historical recruiting rankings reside. Mid to low 20s.  How is that handing somebody an NFL roster, as you claim? NFL Roster? There are 53 in the active roster in any year. I stated factually he had 9 in 3 years and possible 11 in 4 years

Michael D Huff AIA

Quote from: Pudgepork on December 05, 2016, 06:13:43 pm
2.  Our quality of opponents is going up.  These three coaches have combined to go 28/49 (.363) vs. ranked SEC opponents.

Going 28/49 isn't (.363)%

28 wins with 49 losses is 28 wins out of 77 games = .363

swinesation

I'd like to see each coach's record vs. Top Ten opponents. That would be another angle to look at each coach's success. I'm not necessarily defending BB (concerned about the outlook over the next couple of years), but I'd guess he's faced three times as many Top Ten opponents per year than either other coach. I loss against #3 or #7 is a lot more expected/acceptable than a loss against #19 or #23.

swinesation

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 07, 2016, 11:36:00 am
You know, the funny thing about going 34-17 instead of 25-25 is that your opponents' cumulative W/L record is going to be 9 games worse.  When you're 17-15 in the SEC rather than 10-22 the rest of the conference is going to be 7 games "worse" as a whole.  That's not an opinion, it's just basic math.

You're better at math than I am. Seriously.

woodhog14

NFL draftees four years after that fact has absolutely nothing to do with the talent they had on campus when they stepped on campus.  Saying that Beliema inherited NFL talent insinuates he had a chalked team, ready to play, that were already marked for the NFL.  Name the players Beliema inherited that fit this description.

Petrino's last two recruting classes were ranked mid to low 20's.  How is that handing somebody an NFL roster, as you claim?

Actually, Petrino's last 2 recruiting classes were ranked 49th and 24th.

GuvHog

NFL draftees four years after that fact has absolutely nothing to do with the talent they had on campus when they stepped on campus.  Saying that Beliema inherited NFL talent insinuates he had a chalked team, ready to play, that were already marked for the NFL.  Name the players Beliema inherited that fit this description.

Petrino's last two recruting classes were ranked mid to low 20's.  How is that handing somebody an NFL roster, as you claim?

They weren't NFL ready when CBB stepped on campus, I agree with that. Unlike what Bobby Petrino inherited though, the talent was there but CBB's staff had to develop it. The team that Bobby Petrino inherited lacked that type of talent so he basically had to rebuild the program from the git go.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Sooie71923 on December 05, 2016, 10:38:57 am
Aside from the instate talent CBPs 1st year, all coaches have "recruited poorly".

Maybe it's time for some of you to realize it's not the coaches recruiting poorly, it's just that the upper level talent doesn't want to come to Arkansas.  I'll never understand why a coach gets blamed or credited for being a poor/"ace" recruiter when 90% or better of recruiting success is determined by the school that they're recruiting to.

coach edO, considered a top and valuable recruiter, recently said on whatever show i was watching, "it's hard to recruit up at arkansas"
The rest of the frog.