Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Virginia newspapers

Started by Locutus_of_Boar, December 05, 2016, 06:33:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HamSammich

Quote from: Deep Shoat on December 07, 2016, 07:32:58 pm
If you won't support your team, you aren't a fan.  Doesn't require any great intellect to discern that, just a basic understanding of the English language.

Like I said you hogville people are excellent judges of real fandom. Carry on judge. Good job

Iwastherein1969

what was the UA's worst turnout for a bowl game...seems like I remember was the 1995 Carquest  Bowl against UNC....we got beat and there was hardly any red in Joe Robbie Stadium in Miami...man, that was proof positive that we be some po folks when you have a chance to go to South Beach and say, "nah, I think I'll stay in the deer woods here in Arkansas where its sleeting and 25 degrees"
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: HamSammich on December 07, 2016, 07:36:28 pm

Like I said you hogville people are excellent judges of real fandom. Carry on judge. Good job
Fine, I'll take the weight of that. 

If you don't support the very team you purport to be a fan of, you are not actually a fan. 

No matter how you slice it.
All Gas, No Brakes!

PorkRinds

Quote from: HamSammich on December 06, 2016, 06:55:19 pm
I wouldn't go watch this year 4 product if nit was next door in my neighbor steves backyard. And his wife has huge knockers.

Stick that in your pipe. Some of us don't settle. Some of us demand.

Lol. That's good stuff. And so sensible.

Arkamedes

Quote from: AP85 on December 05, 2016, 11:34:33 am
I don't understand you people.

You bitch about having to play in Shreveport. Memphis. Houston.

You bitch about playing far away in a bowl.

Razorback men fans are like a bunch of women.

I don't see any women bitching about how far away the bowl is...
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

StewDogg11

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on December 05, 2016, 11:22:49 am
24 consecutive is remarkable for any program but it also speaks to how relatively weak and stable the ACC has been for decades.

In that period VT is 1-4 against the SEC in bowl games with the one win (1998 MCB 38-7) being against the same Mike DuBose coached Bama team that lost 42-6 to Nutt's first Arkansas team in 1998.
Virginia Tech has only been in the ACC since 2005.

BenVT

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on December 05, 2016, 11:22:49 am
24 consecutive is remarkable for any program but it also speaks to how relatively weak and stable the ACC has been for decades.

In that period VT is 1-4 against the SEC in bowl games with the one win (1998 MCB 38-7) being against the same Mike DuBose coached Bama team that lost 42-6 to Nutt's first Arkansas team in 1998.

Since joining the ACC VT is 1-2 against SEC teams in Bowl games, including a 3 point loss to undefeated Auburn and a beatdown of Lane Kiffin's Tennessee

hobhog

Quote from: HamSammich on December 06, 2016, 06:55:19 pm
I wouldn't go watch this year 4 product if nit was next door in my neighbor steves backyard. And his wife has huge knockers.

Stick that in your pipe. Some of us don't settle. Some of us demand.

I'm guessing you didn't go in year 2 or 3 either. Cause you DEMAND and dont settle!

Good stuff.

code red

Quote from: Arkamedes on December 07, 2016, 10:44:46 pm
I don't see any women bitching about how far away the bowl is...
I don't care about how far the bowl is away from Arkansas.  I drove to Orlando in 1999.  My problem is "how far" this program is from competing with the elite programs.  And...my friends...we are no closer than we were in 2014.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou