Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Virginia newspapers

Started by Locutus_of_Boar, December 05, 2016, 06:33:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I feel like we're being set up for failure on this one. How many hog fans wont be able to go because of how far away the belk bowl is? How many wont be able to go because the game is on a THURSDAY! Meanwhile, VT fans can make a day trip to the game. Its basically a home game for them smh >:(
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

go hogues

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on December 05, 2016, 07:50:04 am
I feel like we're being set up for failure on this one. How many hog fans wont be able to go because of how far away the belk bowl is? How many wont be able to go because the game is on a THURSDAY! Meanwhile, VT fans can make a day trip to the game. Its basically a home game for them smh >:(
Kind of like us vs KSU last year and against UT the year before.

If we want to be treated like true SEC fans, we will travel by the tens of thousands like the rest of our conference brethren. We shall see...
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

ricepig

Quote from: go hogues on December 05, 2016, 08:27:54 am
Kind of like us vs KSU last year and against UT the year before.

If we want to be treated like true SEC fans, we will travel by the tens of thousands like the rest of our conference brethren. We shall see...

First, if you aren't going, I wouldn't worry about calling out our fans, and second, you might do a little Google search on past fan bases of our SEC brethren showing up at various bowl games.

younghog

Quote from: ricepig on December 05, 2016, 08:35:18 am
First, if you aren't going, I wouldn't worry about calling out our fans, and second, you might do a little Google search on past fan bases of our SEC brethren showing up at various bowl games.

I feel ya.. ~I really do
GO HOGS

woodhog14

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on December 05, 2016, 07:50:04 am

So was if fair for K-State last year then by your logic in the Liberty Bowl, which is a day trip for people from Arkansas? A home game for Arkansas basically...58,000 Hog fans to 7,000 K-State fans.

Quit being a little girl. It's amazing how our fans will complain about something that we had the EXACT same thing going for us last year.

Seebs

My TV will be in the same place it has been the past few years, so I am just fine.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

longpig

V Tech  is a lot like Florida/Tennessee, on paper they're tops in the division but viewed as 4th or 5th by the ACC office.
Don't be scared, be smart.

buldozer

24 consecutive bowl appearances is almost unbelievable. And here we are just glad to be going to three in a row! Lol Really puts stuff in prospective. And up until 2011 they had at least 10 wins, 8 consecutive seasons. Wow thats a football program right there for sure. Never followed VT but they obviously have some impressive accomplishments in their programs history.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: buldozer on December 05, 2016, 10:59:08 am
24 consecutive bowl appearances is almost unbelievable. And here we are just glad to be going to three in a row! Lol Really puts stuff in prospective. And up until 2011 they had at least 10 wins, 8 consecutive seasons. Wow thats a football program right there for sure. Never followed VT but they obviously have some impressive accomplishments in their programs history.

Frank Beamer, with a bunch of help from Bud Foster, built the program.  He's one of those that unfortunately stayed a few years too long, but back in his coaching prime he was regarded as one of the very best.  For years he was regarded as the best special teams coach in the country.  But, to be fair, a lot of their program success was built against lesser competition.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

hawgsalot

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on December 05, 2016, 11:02:08 am
Frank Beamer, with a bunch of help from Bud Foster, built the program.  He's one of those that unfortunately stayed a few years too long, but back in his coaching prime he was regarded as one of the very best.  For years he was regarded as the best special teams coach in the country.  But, to be fair, a lot of their program success was built against lesser competition.

Yeap no doubt the ACC is at best a very top heavy conference and has been for decades.

longpig

They were Big East members for most all the 90s, I believe.

HoopS

What I hope doesn't happen is fans decide not to go and then next time we are up for the Citrus or Outback, they use us not traveling as a reason to not invite us.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: buldozer on December 05, 2016, 10:59:08 am

24 consecutive is remarkable for any program but it also speaks to how relatively weak and stable the ACC has been for decades.

In that period VT is 1-4 against the SEC in bowl games with the one win (1998 MCB 38-7) being against the same Mike DuBose coached Bama team that lost 42-6 to Nutt's first Arkansas team in 1998.

Prestworthy

Quote from: ricepig on December 05, 2016, 08:35:18 am
I doubt many hog fans come to this one - and it's not due to location.

HogPhilosophy

Believe it or not, Arkansas fan don't all just live in the confines of the state border. Who knew that there are actual ARKANSAS fans and alumni who live on the East Coast. Razorback nation will show up and we will make that place hell!! WOO-MF-PIG

ricepig

Quote from: Prestworthy on December 05, 2016, 11:26:31 am

I suspect many will come.

AirWarren

I don't understand you people.

You bitch about having to play in Shreveport. Memphis. Houston.

You bitch about playing far away in a bowl.

Razorback men fans are like a bunch of women.

longpig

Definitely didn't show in Columbia, were in disguise if they did.

onebadrubi

Lol love this argument.  You could never prove such but allows you to come here and just pile on the staff or players at free will. 

When in reality, you locate this game in Nasvhille, Memphis, Houston, Dallas it is a sell out with HOg fans dominating the seat count.  Belk Bowl is in an NFL stadium that seats around 75,000.  IT will be close to a sellout and highly doubt we have to send back tickets...  The seats are carolina panthers blue so empty seats will stick out as well.  Charlotte is an expensive as heck flight and a long drive, just a couple obvious reasons why the middle class family might not be able to make it, but by all means you PRESTWORTHY will use this as a reason to pile on the coach and say Peavy should be starting over Brandon Allen for the second half of the 2015 season. Oh and Korliss Marshall over Alex collins... almost forgot about that one.

Prestworthy

Quote from: longpig on December 05, 2016, 11:36:46 am
So unfortunate.  But people vote with their feet...

onebadrubi

Quote from: AP85 on December 05, 2016, 11:34:33 am

So you want a Bowl game at War Memorial, I see what you are asking for there. haha

HF#1

This makes me want to vomit.

"Defensively, the Hogs allowed 30.8 points per game, 10th in the SEC."
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

hobhog

Quote from: Seebs on December 05, 2016, 10:45:25 am
My TV will be in the same place it has been the past few years, so I am just fine.

Really Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

hobhog

I would have gone if day trip or shorter  drive. So.....

Prestworthy

Quote from: hobhog on December 05, 2016, 11:50:39 am
I would have gone if day trip or shorter  drive. So.....
So...?

TNRazorbacker

We are lucky to be in a bowl game at all. I was perturbed that AR didn't perform any better given the SEC being down this year, after looking back on this season My perspective has changed to believing we were fortunate it was. If this team had played last year we probably wouldnt be bowling.

longpig

Hokie fans may not have the greatest showing either.  It's less than 200 miles from Blacksburg but they were snubbed by the ACC office.  Them drawing the Belk is not unlike us getting the Liberty with a 9 win season. 

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: longpig on December 05, 2016, 11:36:46 am

It appeared from the view of the stands that Mizzou fans were wearing the same disguise.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

phadedhawg

It's on the other side of the nation from me so I won't be there.  However, I'm super thankful for the Hog fans who will make the trip. 

I don't expect to win this game but our staff has done a decent job on bowl game prep.  I'd be surprised if we just get steamrolled. 

ChitownHawg

Quote from: HogPhilosophy on December 05, 2016, 11:31:20 am
Believe it or not, Arkansas fan don't all just live in the confines of the state border. Who knew that there are actual ARKANSAS fans and alumni who live on the East Coast. Razorback nation will show up and we will make that place hell!! WOO-MF-PIG

Yes, we are global. The Hawg is celebrated around the world. Literally.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Virgil

I'll be there with wife and two of the kids.  WPS!!!
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

Sow Lancelot

BWAHAHAHAHA and thumbs up.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

ExArky

Quote from: longpig on December 05, 2016, 12:04:42 pm
Hokie fans may not have the greatest showing either.  It's less than 200 miles from Blacksburg but they were snubbed by the ACC office.  Them drawing the Belk is not unlike us getting the Liberty with a 9 win season. 

Not the feeling I'm getting on the ground here in the middle of Hokie country. Folks who don't usually go to bowl games are reserving rooms (even for a 3-hour drive) and buying up tickets. I think the Hokies will be there in major numbers. Some are a little disappointed they didn't get a higher bowl and a ranked opponent, but the average Hokie fan sees a bowl close to home against an SEC opponent they've never played before as fairly interesting. They're seeing this season and this bowl -- playing for 10 wins -- as a launching pad for Fuente in future seasons to reach greater heights. Whether that happens before the Stoops era ends at OU and the Sooners come throwing money bags at Fuente, we'll see.

Hogwild

I wouldn't call it a snub, they got screwed by the transvestite issues.

The ACC championship game was originally scheduled for Charlotte, but was moved when NC said men had to used men's restrooms.  The game was moved to Orlando, and the ACC didn't want to sent VA Tech to Orlando twice in the same month.  The Peach bowl, an usually ACC tie-in, wasn't an option for them either since it is hosting the playoff game. 

Inhogswetrust

VT is the most followed team in ALL of Virginia. They also have a lot of fans in NC, TN and WV. They are like us though on that they expected more this season. That can mean a lesser turnout at the gate than one would otherwise expect.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

longpig

I'm not buying that Hokie fans don't feel snubbed by the ACC brass.  They won their division, nearly won the conference and were awarded the 4th or 5th best bowl.  I lived in the region for 20 years and know they're up there with Tennessee in popularity, so it's a close bowl for many.  A lot of their fans and the team most likely expected more for the effort.

longpig

Quote from: Hogwild on December 06, 2016, 08:43:44 am
I wouldn't call it a snub, they got screwed by the transvestite issues.

The ACC championship game was originally scheduled for Charlotte, but was moved when NC said men had to used men's restrooms.  The game was moved to Orlando, and the ACC didn't want to sent VA Tech to Orlando twice in the same month.  The Peach bowl, an usually ACC tie-in, wasn't an option for them either since it is hosting the playoff game.

Is NC also a geocentrists state?

Snizzzo

Yep. 

HamSammich

I wouldn't go watch this year 4 product if nit was next door in my neighbor steves backyard. And his wife has huge knockers.

Stick that in your pipe. Some of us don't settle. Some of us demand.

streitenberger

Don't forget the posts by people (even moderators) who flip flop, one minute declaring that they have given up, then the next day coming in and proudly declaring that they're still a fan. Just a complete embarrassment.

tophawg19

Quote from: HamSammich on December 06, 2016, 06:55:19 pm
I wouldn't go watch this year 4 product if nit was next door in my neighbor steves backyard. And his wife has huge knockers.

you can demand and be darned . i dare say the U of A really doesn't care about you or any of us . Or as the saying goes ''One monkey don't stop no show so if your  leaving , go ahead and go'''
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

BorderPatrol

I got something you can smoke on.

bp

ChicoHog

Quote from: longpig on December 05, 2016, 11:10:22 am
They were Big East members for most all the 90s, I believe.
That is correct.  Va Tech, Miami and BC all jumped to ACC from the now defunct Big East.

PorkSoda

lol, hows that working out for ya?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Seebs on December 05, 2016, 10:45:25 am

Same here.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HamSammich

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 06, 2016, 08:56:26 pm
lol, hows that working out for ya?

I'd say pretty good. Just today I drove up to a McDonald's at noon and demanded a egg Mcmuffen.... the lil gal gave it to me in the spot .

Deep Shoat

So, what you are saying is that you aren't actually a Hog fan.  You are a fan of winning whose unhealthy obsession has settled on the Hogs.
All Gas, No Brakes!

HamSammich

Quote from: Deep Shoat on December 07, 2016, 07:25:44 pm
So, what you are saying is that you aren't actually a Hog fan.  You are a fan of winning whose unhealthy obsession has settled on the Hogs.

No that's what you are saying. I leave the judging of who are real fans to the almighty hogville posters who are experts and sniffing out the real fans.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: HamSammich on December 07, 2016, 07:27:14 pm
No that's what you are saying. I leave the judging of who are real fans to the almighty hogville posters who are experts and sniffing out the real fans.
If you won't support your team, you aren't a fan.  Doesn't require any great intellect to discern that, just a basic understanding of the English language.
All Gas, No Brakes!