Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Belk Bowl roll call...

Started by megabull, December 04, 2016, 03:42:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

megabull

Who's coming? I booked my crew a flight and hotel at EpiCentre.

WPS  :razorback:

ncrebel

I'll be there.  I just have to drive a little over an hour down I77.  :-)
Well, y'all need me, I'll be putting pictures of my arse on the internet.

ncrebel

For those flying from XNA or Little Rock, you can get a direct flights to Charlotte. 

ricepig

popcornhog

Quote from: megabull on December 04, 2016, 03:42:20 pm

Undecided. I'm going to try to make it, but I'll be prepping for a huge project at work that involves a complicated January 3rd presentation.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: ncrebel on December 04, 2016, 04:10:57 pm
For those flying from XNA or Little Rock, you can get a direct flights to Charlotte.

Only on American; but yes, from either XNA or LIT.

Charlotte is a legacy hub of US Air.
WPS

greenEGnHAWGS

I live in Blacksburg...should be a fun month...now I have to decode top take that time to go home to let my parents see their grandkids...or go to the game...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

dsgreen

I live in Raleigh but will be back in Arkansas for Christmas the 29th.  Wish this was a post New Year's bowl

DeshaHog

Quote from: megabull on December 04, 2016, 03:42:20 pm

Cool spot.  Great location right in the middle of Charlotte's downtown.  Lots of stuff to do just a few steps away.

GuvHog

If Time and money were not issues, my ticket would be bought and the Hotel reservation made. Oh well, a guy can dream can't he?   :(
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

VirginiaHog

rljjr

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

We'll be there!  Roadtrip of 9.5hrs on the 28th.....  Staying at the Doubletree Downtown....
"I hope we get nuked somewhere big, and soon.  LA would be a good place, as is S.F."-  Silver (Swiss) Hog 4/6/10

Dillon

I'm in! Charlotte is the bomb. One of the best american cities around. Go Hogs!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

AirWarren

Hawgphish

I would go if I could.  But we are going to need a bunch.  With it only being 2.5 hours from VT campus.  It is really going to seem like a VT home game, I'm afraid.

HOGS82

I'm stationed at Ft. Bragg about 3 hours away, but I'll be on leave. Not sure if we're going to be able to make it yet. I'll jump at the opportunity though, if it presents itself.
Quote from: mindemon on November 24, 2023, 06:58:31 pmThe 'Fire Sam Pittman' crowd are going to be eating their words next year. Trust me.

zhog17

Hotel booked Hyatt House Downtown. 3 of us 10 hour drive leaving the 27th. Go Hogs!!

Steef

my3boneheads

I'm off for Christmas vacation(teacher) but I'll just watch it on TV. Win or lose I hope they put on a show.

Shrevepork

Quote from: popcornhog on December 04, 2016, 04:11:50 pm
Undecided. I'm going to try to make it, but I'll be prepping for a huge project at work that involves a complicated January 3rd presentation.

But this is more important than any stinking job!

hawgsalot

Bacons Rebellion

The four of us will drive down from Richmond, the kids probably in half Hog, half Hokie sweatshirts made by their Mom.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on December 04, 2016, 06:29:56 pm
The four of us will drive down from Richmond, the kids probably in half Hog, half Hokie sweatshirts made by their Mom.

Nut up.  Who runs that house?  This isn't everybody gets a trophy.   There will be some losers. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

FANONTHEHILL

Head out Tuesday.  Stay with friends in Nashville Tuesday night.  On to Charlotte Wednesday morning.  Enjoy Charlotte Wednesday and Thursday. Watch my son and his Razorback teammates battle the Hokies Thursday evening.  Head over to Asheville and the Biltmore for 21st wedding anniversary Friday.  Head back.  The Omni and Marriott in City Center still had rooms available this afternoon.  15 minute walk to Bank of America Stadium.  See you there!!
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on December 04, 2016, 08:02:40 pm
Head out Tuesday.  Stay with friends in Nashville Tuesday night.  On to Charlotte Wednesday morning.  Enjoy Charlotte Wednesday and Thursday. Watch my son and his Razorback teammates battle the Hokies Thursday evening.  Head over to Asheville and the Biltmore for 21st wedding anniversary Friday.  Head back.  The Omni and Marriott in City Center still had rooms available this afternoon.  15 minute walk to Bank of America Stadium.  See you there!!

Biltmore is good.  Great micro brews in Asheville.  Sierra Nevada's east coast brewery is on south side of town near airport.  Awesome tasting room. 

HoggusMaximus

I'll be there in spirit, I wont be back into the states until early January though :(

mightybulldogs12

Trying to get a game plan together. I would love to go.  I think it will be a fun game, and anything beats the Liberty Bowl. 

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 04, 2016, 09:31:23 pm
Biltmore is good.  Great micro brews in Asheville.  Sierra Nevada's east coast brewery is on south side of town near airport.  Awesome tasting room. 
Thanks for the info
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

yraciv

Staying home. Terrible back woods state that I'm surprised still has their bowl game.  It's one of the few things they've kept.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: yraciv on December 04, 2016, 10:31:18 pm
Staying home. Terrible back woods state that I'm surprised still has their bowl game.  It's one of the few things they've kept.

Want to sit in men's room to pee?

ncrebel

You're either trolling, being sarcastic, or have no idea what you are talking about.  North Carolina is a very nice state and Charlotte is a great place to live and visit. 

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 04, 2016, 06:50:44 pm

Nut up.  Who runs that house?  This isn't everybody gets a trophy.   There will be some losers. 

Hokie wife has been talking split sweatshirts for 25 years, ever since Tech got good enough to go to Bowl games. I know when to throw her a bone.

Four tickets bought.

AirWarren

An Arkansas fan calling someone backwoods. Especially the hill folk of nwa. Ha. Appalachia is no different from the ozark/Boston mountains.

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on December 04, 2016, 10:58:22 pm
Hokie wife has been talking split sweatshirts for 25 years, ever since Tech got good enough to go to Bowl games. I know when to throw her a bone.

Four tickets bought.

This is a lose lose situation, if Arkansas wins, you take your life into your own hands when you gloat. If we lose you know she will give you all kinds of guff. tread carefully.

LZH

What? The game's in Charlotte, not Shreveport....and it's only been around since the early 2000's, btw. Nice town....damn sure not backwoods.

Inhogswetrust

December 05, 2016, 06:07:57 am #38 Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 06:19:04 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Dillon on December 04, 2016, 05:08:21 pm
I'm in! Charlotte is the bomb. One of the best american cities around. Go Hogs!

Very nice city. One of the best is a push though. I ironically was also there during Hugo. I managed the first hotel in Mecklenburg county to get power restored. That was worse than being without power!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

go hogues

See: bitter fan who can't afford the trip.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

jkstock04

Quote from: ncrebel on December 04, 2016, 04:10:57 pm
I checked yesterday from getting there 18th and coming home 20th...round trip was $650-$700. What did you find by chance?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

Everywhere I've been in NC is beautiful. Piss on Memphis or Shreveport...crime cesspool. I'll take this over that all day everyday.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

yraciv

FYI my comment was tongue in cheek about the current political situation in NC, which has caused the state to lose many large sporting events in the last couple years. Charlotte is nice for a weekend, but I did turn down a job offer there for numerous reasons within the last year. I won't be making it because I'll be home with family over the holidays, but that is the only reason.

ncrebel

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 05, 2016, 08:36:07 am
I checked yesterday from getting there 18th and coming home 20th...round trip was $650-$700. What did you find by chance?

I'm in Winston-Salem so I'll be driving :-)

Now I did check Priceline and they have flights as low as $395.  Note, you did list the wrong dates in your post.  Did you mean 12/28 to 12/30?  Game is on the 29th. 

jkstock04

Quote from: ncrebel on December 05, 2016, 08:52:37 am
I'm in Winston-Salem so I'll be driving :-)

Now I did check Priceline and they have flights as low as $395.  Note, you did list the wrong dates in your post.  Did you mean 12/28 to 12/30?  Game is on the 29th. 
Yes I posted that wrong. I'll check on Priceline. Thanks.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jbu5

4 of us. Hotel in the City Center, seats on the 30 yd line lower level, hoping for strong showing by our Hogs!

Hogberry Snortcake

2 from DC driving down.  GF's family all went to Tech.  This should be interesting.  Hogs better show up...

bob slydell

I'm in DC, my dad is in South Carolina, and my brother is in Augusta. Charlotte is a good spot for us all to meet!
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

SweetSassyMolassy

Live here in Charlotte, we'll be there!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: AP85 on December 04, 2016, 05:21:32 pm
Home. Big screen.
+1, In my Hog Gear! :razorback:

Wish I could afford to go. :(
"The more things change the more they stay the same"