Started by WilsonHog, December 04, 2016, 08:42:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HoopS

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

hogcard1964

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: longpig on December 04, 2016, 09:02:02 am
The ACC Championship game looked about 1/4 empty.  If V Tech fans can't be bothered to make the trip to central Florida for a big game like that, why would they bother going to Charlotte to freeze their asses off and watch a matchup with an unranked unfamiliar opponent?

Charlotte is MUCH closer to the majority of their fanbase. And besides if you've ever been to Blacksburg in the winter or fall then you know it is even a little bit colder than Charlotte. They are used to it.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

EastexHawg

Quote from: longpig on December 04, 2016, 10:31:18 am
"will not accept"?

Where in the article did it say they won't accept?  I've read over it twice and apparently missed it.

woodhog14

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 04, 2016, 08:46:16 am
Won't be the Belk.

It probably will. It won't be the Independence Bowl or Birmingham Bowl.

Hoggish1

Quote from: longpig on December 04, 2016, 08:56:37 am
Here's the part I don't get with the bowl matchup predictions.  There's a log jam of SEC qualifiers with 6 to 8 wins which makes it easy to keep everyone close to home.  Why send us all the way to Charlotte and an SEC East team this direction to Shreveport or Houston?  It's completely ignoring ticket sales and local businesses to do this. 

You make a good point about why it won't happen.

Hawgphish

If it is the Belk, just too far for us.  But I do hope fans with the means will go.  I was kind of rooting for Nashville but oh well.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 04, 2016, 10:39:27 am
Where in the article did it say they won't accept?  I've read over it twice and apparently missed it.

I didn't see it either but since they moved the championship game out of Charlotte due to the bathroom bill, maybe they think it would be hypocritical to send a conference rep to a bowl game there.

hogcard1964

Quote from: woodhog14 on December 04, 2016, 10:40:14 am
It probably will. It won't be the Independence Bowl or Birmingham Bowl.

It will be the Independence long before it will be the Belk or Birmingham. But I'm sticking with the Music City.

longpig

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 04, 2016, 10:39:27 am

It didn't, does it need to?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on December 04, 2016, 10:43:17 am
I didn't see it either but since they moved the championship game out of Charlotte due to the bathroom bill, maybe they think it would be hypocritical to send a conference rep to a bowl game there.

Considering there are numerous ACC conference teams in that state why would they even think about that. The ACC doesn't run any bowl but they do run the conference championship game.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

longpig

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on December 04, 2016, 10:43:17 am

It'll likely become a hot topic in the media sooner than later.

woodhog14

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 04, 2016, 10:36:59 am
That stadium will be vacant.

If you haven't noticed...most bowl games stadiums are not full.

EastexHawg

woodhog14

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 04, 2016, 10:44:54 am
It will be the Independence long before it will be the Belk or Birmingham. But I'm sticking with the Music City.

The Independence is a lower tier bowl than the Belk. I would rather go to The Belk Bowl.

Tennessee is 99.99% going to The Music City Bowl. We will be in the Belk.

longpig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 04, 2016, 10:46:19 am
Considering there are numerous ACC conference teams in that state why would they even think about that. The ACC doesn't run any bowl but they do run the conference championship game.

Good point, ACC probably would have already boycotted  were they going to considering they knew an ACC team would be invited.  If anything Charlotte would threaten to not invite an ACC team in retaliation.

EastexHawg

Quote from: woodhog14 on December 04, 2016, 10:51:01 am
The Independence is a lower tier bowl than the Belk. I would rather go to The Belk Bowl.

You're missing the real point here.  "I'm afraid Virginia Tech will beat us like a rented mule.  I want to go to the worst bowl possible because that's where Kansas State is going to be."

hogcard1964

Yes, but "fans" won't go to the Belk.

jjdlc

Wow, the SEC actually goes to bat to get us a better bowl for once, and some of the so called fans here don't want it.  SMH.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Hawgphish on December 04, 2016, 10:42:16 am
If it is the Belk, just too far for us.  But I do hope fans with the means will go.  I was kind of rooting for Nashville but oh well.

Vandy ruined that for us apparently.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogcard1964

Another turd being polished here.

Not surprising.

Razorback de Nosferatu

Quote from: jjdlc on December 04, 2016, 10:57:15 am
Wow, the SEC actually goes to bat to get us a better bowl for once, and some of the so called fans here don't want it.  SMH.

Amen.

Wasn't most of this board staying home anyway?

Who cares where it is, right?

longpig

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 04, 2016, 09:48:01 am
Hogcods8 and longpig, we're trying to talk about a possible bowl here, and you two are screwing it up by attacking each other. I've removed several of your posts in this thread; if I have to remove another one, the offending party will get at least a two-week vacation.

You'll have that.

longpig

Quote from: jjdlc on December 04, 2016, 10:57:15 am

marginally better and 15 hours farther

Mr. Porkleone

Why y'all gripe and moan I'd love to play a big name like Va Tech. Great tradition, plus best entrance song in football with Enter sandman.

Atlhogfan1

Finally get a shot at ESPN's Thursday night whore.  The most overrated propped up program of the previous decade. 

NFL Stadium always a plus for a bowl venue.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Tusks

The hogs won't sell 2,500 tickets to the Belk bowl.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: tusked on December 04, 2016, 11:24:09 am

For me, I'd rather get tickets from other sources than the UA for a bowl like this as there will be better seats to be had.  But it doesn't help sell through our allotment. 

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 04, 2016, 10:44:54 am

I could see where they'd choose the Indy but they'd never be put there by the conference office against their will because of the record..  Indy is lowest on the priority list.  It would make sense that Arkansas and USCe could swap bowls to improve fan attendance for both.

Tusks

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 04, 2016, 11:27:26 am
For me, I'd rather get tickets from other sources than the UA for a bowl like this as there will be better seats to be had.  But it doesn't help sell through our allotment. 

My point is ghost town.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

McKdaddy

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 04, 2016, 11:27:26 am

Agreed. I normally StubHub for the best possible seats in our section instead of the poor seats my small RF donation receives.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Atlhogfan1

HawgTide

I don't care what bowl we go to or who we play. The most important thing is winning

woodhog14

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 04, 2016, 10:56:51 am
Yes, but "fans" won't go to the Belk.

So you would rather go to a bowl lower than the Belk Bowl so fans will show up? I always want the best bowl possible for the Hogs.

hogcard1964

They might sell 4-5000 but that's still awful.  Inde or MCB and we're in the 15,000 area.

Horse racer

I get the illusion of 1 bowl being better than the other, but if we are in the " group of 6" would a location to help in recruiting not be preferred ?

hogcard1964

Quote from: woodhog14 on December 04, 2016, 11:49:22 am
So you would rather go to a bowl lower than the Belk Bowl so fans will show up? I always want the best bowl possible for the Hogs.

Belk still isn't a good bowl.  It's played at 4:00 on a Thursday.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 04, 2016, 11:51:37 am
They might sell 4-5000 but that's still awful.  Inde or MCB and we're in the 15,000 area.

It isn't.  UGa sold 4,000+ from their allotment to the Belk.  If the UA sells that many from a less advantageous location, it would not be awful.  Keep repeating this every few posts. 

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on December 04, 2016, 09:07:26 am
Yeah, but with a running QB and 8ft tall TE/WR, it might be ugly........we'll have to out score them to win.
can we just let them whip our asses then hire their coach please?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hogcard1964

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 04, 2016, 11:53:58 am
It isn't.  UGa sold 4,000+ from their allotment to the Belk.  If the UA sells that many from a less advantageous location, it would not be awful.  Keep repeating this every few posts.

Personally I don't care because im not travelling after the Missouri loss, but I can guarantee if we're at that bowl, don't expect to see a lot of panoramic camera crowd shots.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 04, 2016, 09:49:42 am
Long is going to use his alleged pull to try to get us out of a better bowl so we can go to Shreveport and beat up on a terrible team?

What happened to rewarding the players?  Not only that, but our fans complain non-stop that the SEC office and the media always give Arkansas the short end of the stick.  Now we're openly rooting for a trip to the worst bowl game available...mainly so we can avoid what we perceive to be a team that might beat us?
yep. and that's pathetic!!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 04, 2016, 11:58:24 am
Personally I don't care because im not travelling after the Missouri loss, but I can guarantee if we're at that bowl, don't expect to see a lot of panoramic camera crowd shots.

If you don't care, spare us and stop posting. 

hogcard1964

HotlantaHog

Virginia Tech is close to Charlotte and would sell a lot of tickets.

The game last night was in Orlando, which is nowhere near Virginia and there was not much notice in advance they would make the game and realistically many probably were reasonably certain they would lose, which they did. Plus the game is between Christmas and New Years, when a lot of fans find it convenient to travel.

Obviously there is no reason to expect Arkansas would send a huge number of fans.

Pig in the Pokey

this is why we end up there, and vs Miami, who also won't sell 2,00 tickets. This will happen and the reason is- THEY ARE PUNISHING North Carolina for being so anti-gay. It's The Troll Bowl. (yeah, i tagged that).
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HotlantaHog on December 04, 2016, 12:04:24 pm
Virginia Tech is close to Charlotte and would sell a lot of tickets.

The game last night was in Orlando, which is nowhere near Virginia and there was not much notice in advance they would make the game and realistically many probably were reasonably certain they would lose, which they did. Plus the game is between Christmas and New Years, when a lot of fans find it convenient to travel.

Obviously there is no reason to expect Arkansas would send a huge number of fans.
exactly why they WON'T go to NC.
@Slackaveli

rtr

I do not want any part of VT, matchup is not favorable to Arkansas.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.