Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official: We get Virginia Tech in the Belk Bowl

Started by WilsonHog, December 04, 2016, 08:42:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ExArky

I am in the shadow of Virginia Tech with so many VT ties that, well, my family does wear orange and maroon now. ... The Hokies have stepped their offense up quite a bit under Fuente after some lackluster years in the dusk of Frank Beamer's career, but they have also played a couple of really, really BAD games this year. If the Hokies that coughed the ball up 5 times against Tennessee (after dominating 14-0 in 1st quarter) or lost to 4-8 Syracuse show up, I could see the Hogs winning by 2 or 3 touchdowns. ... Average VT (at least average late season VT) vs. average Arkansas, VT is probably a 7-10-point favorite, but the Arkansas that played Florida would run over the VT that lost to Syracuse. ... This isn't Alabama you're playing ... You've seen better speed than Tech week in and week out in the SEC ... ACC has narrowed the gap but it's still not the SEC ... I expect this to be a pretty competitive game and would give Arkansas at least a 1 in 3 chance to pull it out.

So come out east and spend some money in Charlotte. The NASCAR Hall of Fame/museum is a great stop whether or not you're deeply into NASCAR. I recommend Midwood Smokehouse not far from downtown for great BBQ -- it's not all the vinegary NC stuff, but does a solid job with many styles, including some good Texas-style brisket (I grew up on Texas and Memphis BBQ).

hawgmasta

Quote from: ExArky on December 04, 2016, 06:50:52 pm
I am in the shadow of Virginia Tech with so many VT ties that, well, my family does wear orange and maroon now. ... The Hokies have stepped their offense up quite a bit under Fuente after some lackluster years in the dusk of Frank Beamer's career, but they have also played a couple of really, really BAD games this year. If the Hokies that coughed the ball up 5 times against Tennessee (after dominating 14-0 in 1st quarter) or lost to 4-8 Syracuse show up, I could see the Hogs winning by 2 or 3 touchdowns. ... Average VT (at least average late season VT) vs. average Arkansas, VT is probably a 7-10-point favorite, but the Arkansas that played Florida would run over the VT that lost to Syracuse. ... This isn't Alabama you're playing ... You've seen better speed than Tech week in and week out in the SEC ... ACC has narrowed the gap but it's still not the SEC ... I expect this to be a pretty competitive game and would give Arkansas at least a 1 in 3 chance to pull it out.

So come out east and spend some money in Charlotte. The NASCAR Hall of Fame/museum is a great stop whether or not you're deeply into NASCAR. I recommend Midwood Smokehouse not far from downtown for great BBQ -- it's not all the vinegary NC stuff, but does a solid job with many styles, including some good Texas-style brisket (I grew up on Texas and Memphis BBQ).

Good info and heads up on a few things to do. I think this will be a pretty competitive game with two unpredictable teams as you said.

goodguytex

Quote from: hawgmasta on December 04, 2016, 07:45:19 pm

Good info and heads up on a few things to do. I think this will be a pretty competitive game with two unpredictable teams as you said.
I hope our fans will travel well and represent our great state in this bowl. There are quite a few people with Arkansas ties that live in the Charlotte area too.

As for how the team will perform... I'm sure Robb Smith knows he's fighting for his job. I think he will have that defense as prepared and ready as possible. I don't know if it will be good enough. But I expect good effort.

In the last 2 bowl games Arkansas have played, they have been fully prepared to play. I expect nothing less this year. And we play in the SEC. Noone we play in a bowl game should intimidate us.

LRHawg

One of my good friends is a VT fan, he is PISSED they got shafted in favor of FSU and thinks they're going to blow us out. He may be right, but I hope the team shares his feelings and come in disinterested and flat.

elksnort

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on December 04, 2016, 05:30:44 pm
I look at it this way, whatever happens we need it to be good.   I don't really care when, where or how.  I hope the players have fun and I'm sure they will, that has nothing to do with me other than I'm sure they would love to have a great Razorback crowd.  Maybe I'll just show up, the logistics wouldn't be that hard to work out as I might be within 100 miles of Charlitte that day.
Do it! Go hogs go.

We are capable applying well in defeating Virginia Tech our defensive staff has to have the defensive ready and willing to do something different just like Mike Anderson

elksnort

elksnort

Coaches for some coaches can be philosophically stubborn. Sometimes you gotta switch stuff up. Robb Smith and Mike Anderson seem to be stubborn. Have we tried to put Randy Ramsey on the edge and Ramirez let them play rush ends. Speed

East TN HAWG

I was at the Battle at Bristol.  VT is pretty good.  This is the first year in this offense, so they are better now then they were earlier in the year.

I'm worried about this match up.  Their offense against Smith's defense, not good.

tophawg19

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 04, 2016, 10:44:54 am
It will be the Independence long before it will be the Belk or Birmingham. But I'm sticking with the Music City.
boy you blew it again. perfect record
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

elksnort

We need to move folks around on defense. Not allow Va Tech to know who to block. Start your fastest defense.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/AndyBitterVT/status/806225375718154242

Quote...Wins against two teams ranked at the time plus Florida highlight Arkansas' 2016 season, in addition to one of the closer games anyone has played against undisputed No. 1 Alabama. The Razorbacks won at then-No. 15 TCU 41-38 in the second week. They scored 30 in a 49-30 loss to the Crimson Tide, beat then-No. 12 Ole Miss 34-30 the following week and crushed then-No. 11 Florida 31-10 in early November. Of those three wins, only the Gators remain ranked...

Lows: Dotted between those wins are some ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net