Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official: We get Virginia Tech in the Belk Bowl

Started by WilsonHog, December 04, 2016, 08:42:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

BOAR_N2BWILD

Just my two cents worth

I don't think that we have shown that we are much better than Belk Bowl material.  So I don't know why some people would disagree with that.

I was impressed with Bud Foster's defense against Clemson. Yes they gave up 42 points but they also were blitzing, flying around and knocking people's heads off on several occasions.
I think that we would have a lot of trouble with Va Tech. 
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

hogcard1964

Wisconsin shouldn't be playing in any of these games. 

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on December 04, 2016, 01:38:15 pm
Just my two cents worth

I don't think that we have shown that we are much better than Belk Bowl material.  So I don't know why some people would disagree with that.

I was impressed with Bud Foster's defense against Clemson. Yes they gave up 42 points but they also were blitzing, flying around and knocking people's heads off on several occasions.
I think that we would have a lot of trouble with Va Tech. 

My reasons against the Belk Bowl are simply logistics.  I live in Houston and want the Texas Bowl!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

DeltaBoy

Texas or Shreveport heck no to NC.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Dirty

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Buff

We gonna dominate and Bert is gonna get an extension to his buyout.

WilsonHog

Tennessee fell from the Sugar to the Music City after losing to Vandy, and Butch Jones picked up a $100,000 Christmas bonus for it.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Buff on December 04, 2016, 02:02:10 pm
We gonna dominate and Bret is gonna get an extension to his buyout.

Nice
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Atlhogfan1

LSU - OU much better matchup.  Too bad LSU tried to get Fournette a TD in his last home game instead of just winning it. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

WilsonHog

Done. Playing Virginia Tech in the Belk Bowl.

ur

What is Bet's $ bonus for getting us to a bowl?

GuvHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 04, 2016, 01:58:34 pm
Texas or Shreveport heck no to NC.

Texas and Shreveport are for SEC teams that finish the season 6-6, The Liberty Bowl doesn't want the Hogs this year, and Tennessee has locked up the Music City Bowl so that pretty well leaves the Hogs heading east.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hogcard1964

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

pigroots

Abominable Hillbilly

"The old man was a good man he raised his children right, taught us how to work hard and showed us how to fight, told us about the good lord and how to use a gun, made me very proud of where it is that I came from"  ***BLACKBERRY SMOKE***

hogcard1964

PonderinHog

Ex-Trumpet

That's a loooonnnnnnnggggg bus ride for the band.

Dr. Starcs

PonderinHog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on December 04, 2016, 02:12:52 pm
That's a loooonnnnnnnggggg bus ride for the band.
They should be pretty good by then.

Hawgphish

well, dang.  I dont' have enough time off or money to be in Charlotte on a Thursday.  Hope those that do will be there.  Go Hogs!  Which team will show up?  Kind of makes me nervous after watching Tech vs. Clemson.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 04, 2016, 02:14:02 pm
This could get ugly.

Just in the fact that it will show the bowl selection committee that we don't travel well.

WilsonHog

Interesting that our bowl game will conflict with our home basketball game against Florida on December 29th, which tips off at 6:00 p.m.

BallHog1

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/AndyBitterVT/status/805321528929878016

QuoteNo. 3 Clemson held on to beat No. 19 Virginia Tech 42-35, getting a late interception on fourth down deep in its own territory to seal it.

"It's a pretty somber locker room, because they didn't just come to play a close game or do anything other than win the ballgame," head coach Justin Fuente said. "Obviously, we came up a little short, but it wasn't because we weren't out there competing. I think our kids poured their heart and soul into this and are going to learn some life lessons from this endeavor, but I'm awfully proud in the way they believed and the way they prepared and ultimately how they played."

Tech trailed at various points in the game 14-0, 21-7 and 35-14, yet the Hokies kept mounting comebacks.

"I told them the reason they hurt so bad is because of because they sold out for the cause," he said. "They poured their heart and soul into winning the game."

...what if the Hokies had gotten into the end zone there to pull within 42-41? Would Fuente have gone for two?

"Absolutely," he said.

Nifty fake punt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbO_0fSb8X8

Steef

TheRazorback500

VT's pretty good. We'll have to bring our AA game.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

hoglady

Lordy, lordy - can't imagine how many points we'll give up.
Hopefully, the defense will make some miraculous improvements over the next 3 weeks.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

PonderinHog

Quote from: Steef on December 04, 2016, 02:18:02 pm
Okay...that was funny.
Except for the trombonists.  No room operating room.   :D

younghog

Great bowl great matchup.. U guys are idiots for not wanting the best bowl for the team and the conference. I'm betting our tickets sold will be better then u guys thin.. I'm pumped .. Go Hogs
GO HOGS

ricepig

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 04, 2016, 02:06:36 pm
Tennessee fell from the Sugar to the Music City after losing to Vandy, and Butch Jones picked up a $100,000 Christmas bonus for it.

Don't forget Champions of Life Coach!

ricepig

Quote from: younghog on December 04, 2016, 02:21:22 pm
Great bowl great matchup.. U guys are idiots for not wanting the best bowl for the team and the conference. I'm betting our tickets sold will be better then u guys thin.. I'm pumped .. Go Hogs

They will, it's the same 4 who bitch about everything, good or bad.

hogcard1964

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 04, 2016, 02:21:08 pm
Except for the trombonists.  No room operating room.   :D

So they may be a bit "rusty"?

hoglady

Quote from: younghog on December 04, 2016, 02:21:22 pm

Just wish the game time was better - 4:30 on a Thursday afternoon / that'll require a minimum of 3 days off work.
For those that can do that - it should be a fun time. Tim McGraw at Fanfest - that's a plus.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

PonderinHog

Arkansas Fan

hoglady

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 04, 2016, 02:25:54 pm
Could be worse.  Could be Green Bay!

Snowing there today.
It's looked miserable when I was watching - looked like a wind driven wet snow.

Hulk HOGan

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 04, 2016, 02:17:35 pm
Interesting that our bowl game will conflict with our home basketball game against Florida on December 29th, which tips off at 6:00 p.m.

This is what bothers me.  The Bball team is getting better each game and gaining momentum.  They are already struggling to get fans back and don't deserve going up against the bowl game.  I will be at the basketball game, but hate that I have to choose.   They should open BWA early and show the bowl game on the big screen up until tipoff. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hoglady

Quote from: Hulk HOGan on December 04, 2016, 02:27:42 pm
No it's not.

He's a pretty popular guy.
I'm sure there are lots of fans who look forward to seeing him.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 04, 2016, 02:27:48 pm
This is what bothers me.  The Bball team is getting better each game and gaining momentum.  They are already struggling to get fans back and don't deserve going up against the bowl game.  I will be at the basketball game, but hate that I have to choose.   They should open BWA early and show the bowl game on the big screen up until tipoff.
That's a damn good idea! or move the tipoff back.

Dr. Starcs

WilsonHog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 04, 2016, 02:27:48 pm

The Vols and A&M are scheduled to tip-off at 8:00 that night. It would be nice if the SEC would broker a switching of those tip-off times.