CB 11 B Tutt
     15 N Dalton

FS 28 Josh Liddell
     38 Reid Miller or 22 D Edwards

SS 9 Santos Ramirez
    20 De'Andre Coley

CB 11 Ryan Pulley
      5 Henre' Toliver

The first thing that jumped out at me is that we don't have near enough Defensive End body types on campus. Our roster says DL and 90% of them have so similar body types--- nearing the 300lb mark. We really need to go out and recruit some speed rush guys.
With a good cross section in this class we should be much better off numbers wise at each position. BB has to maintain that and not go crazy at any one position.

IF Ragnow stays for his Senior year I see no reason for us to take a step back. The O'Line should be lightyears ahead and that will make a huge difference for AA. I put Jackson at LT, but he and Wallace could swap out. That is the key position for us, get GOOD play out of either one of them and it puts our TE back in the game plan in a bigger way.

Defensively, do we see a drop-off? Yeah we lose Winston, Wise Led and Johnson, but Agim and Capps get tons more PT. Does Beanum come back READY to play from day 1? Can Ramsey and Taylor hold down the other side?
I think it should be pretty much a wash there.
I certainly cannot see us being any worse than this season!!

How many games can these 44 guys win?

hawginbigd1

IMO if deon Edwards or montaric Brown are not starting at safety there is no chance for us to improve on defense. I would think also that Heinrich and Malone will make a play on the 2-deep on the OL. I also think they have to push Agim back to DE, with Guidry and Smith pushing for PT at tackle.

davehog

The only thing that I would change is putting Deon Stewart in the 2 deep at WR.  I know it's only a 2 deep but I bet TJ Hammonds sees the field a lot next year in a slot/TB hybrid position. 

I hope that some of those individuals listed are displaced by solid recruiting - TE, CB, DE. If the Juco TE doesn't flip he very well could be #1 on the depth chart.  Also, if any of the other Juco guys, WR, DE and DT (can't recall their names) commit and make it, they would all be included in the 2 deep. Hopefully Calloway sees that his path to early playing time as a Razorback as he would most likely be a 2nd teamer. 

Additionally, I hope that Ramsey stays at LB and Agim is DE and not a DT.   

If we get the Jucos we are after and Calloway at CB, we should have a fairly solid team next year and I would expect the next jump up in progression. 

tophawg19

a healthy Guidry creates more options . he can be a beast . I also look for B Jackson to step up and become what we expected
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

RebelW

Taylor II is super fast! Yes we need more speed on the end rush. I think Guidry and Capps cause havoc inside. Hoping Agim slims down and goes back to DE

RebelW

Look for TJ Hammonds to split out as a slot reciever A LOT!

Lake City Hog

I hate trying to depend on a 1st year Juco to really help you out.

Agim would need to lose at least 20 pounds to go to DE, wouldn't he? I would be fine with that.

Can we win with this group?

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Agim may move to DE. Ramsey could be a hybrid LB/DE. Kelly could end up ahead of Storey, judging from what's said about him.

EFBAB

hawginbigd1

Quote from: tophawg19 on November 28, 2016, 05:23:26 pm
a healthy Guidry creates more options . he can be a beast . I also look for B Jackson to step up and become what we expected
IMO Jackson was one of the top performers towards the end of the season

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Lake City Hog on November 28, 2016, 06:16:48 pm
I hate trying to depend on a 1st year Juco to really help you out.

Agim would need to lose at least 20 pounds to go to DE, wouldn't he? I would be fine with that.

Can we win with this group?
I don't believe Agim needs to lose an ounce, he is very fast with the weight.

tophawg19

actually looks better than i realized . still some good players on the 2 deep.

Lake City Hog

Should 17 be our "breakout" year? Senior QB surrounded by VERY good RB's, a decent O'Line and a WR group with a proven leader. Offense should actually get better.

The defense has no where to go but up.

tophawg19

pfrg999

OK are there any upgrades next year? (better than what we lost) We know QB/RB will be good and hopefully better with more exp..
But what else? We lose defensive stars (as we have every year) do we have new studs or are we hoping someone is gonna be awesome...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

hawkhog

My guess is you will have a different backup QB than Storey...

arkfan81

Quote from: Lake City Hog on November 28, 2016, 07:39:54 pm
Should 17 be our "breakout" year? Senior QB surrounded by VERY good RB's, a decent O'Line and a WR group with a proven leader. Offense should actually get better.

16 could have been good, but the defense needs improvement.
Have faith...

Lake City Hog

Can anyone give us an update on the status of M Taylor? As I understood things he came in with 3 years to play 3 years, is that correct? Did he just lose a year of eligibility?
Why?

Has he been able to at least practice with the team during the season?

geddie

Quote from: hawkhog on November 28, 2016, 07:52:29 pm

Agree. Cole Kelley is likely #2 QB coming out of Spring ball

hawginbigd1

Quote from: pfrg999 on November 28, 2016, 07:44:54 pm
OK are there any upgrades next year? (better than what we lost) We know QB/RB will be good and hopefully better with more exp..
But what else? We lose defensive stars (as we have every year) do we have new studs or are we hoping someone is gonna be awesome...
MLB for sure, I am hopeful that one of the freshman safeties are better than what we have been playing.

Tejano Jawg

Right or wrong, I keep wondering what we can do by going the JUCO route on some defensive guys. A safety, a linebacker, maybe a pass rusher. We need a quicker fix.

Nice job Lake City.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

The_Iceman

Cole Kelley will be at least the #2 QB.

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

redleg

My best guess for 2017 starters..... ???
OFFENSE:
QB - #8 sr. Austin Allen 6'1" 215
FB - #32 soph. Hayden Johnson 6'3" 250
TB - #22 jr. Rawleigh Williams 5'10" 225
       #21 soph. Devwah Whaley 5'11" 220
WR - #1 sr. Jared Cornelius 5'11" 205
WR - #5 soph. TJ Hammonds 5'11" 195
TE - #44 soph. Austin Cantrell 6'4" 265
LT - #74 soph. Colton Jackson 6'6" 310
LG - #51 jr. Hjalte Froholdt 6'4" 325
C - #72 sr. Frank Ragnow 6'5" 320
RG - #62 jr. Johnny Gibson 6'4" 340
RT - #60 jr. Brian Wallace 6'6" 330

DEFENSE:
DE - #3 soph. McTelvin Agim 6'3" 290
DT - #41 soph. Austin Capps 6'4" 315
DT - #78 sr. Bijhon Jackson 6'2" 325
DE - #97 sr. Tevin Beanum 6'5" 270
SLB - #10 jr. Randy Ramsey 6'4" 235
MLB - #8 soph. De'Jon Harris 6'0" 250
WLB - #23 jr. Dre Greenlaw 6'0" 230
CB - #11 jr. Ryan Pulley 5'11" 205
CB - #5 sr. Henre' Tolliver 6'1" 195
SS - #9 jr. Santos Ramirez 6'2" 210
       #20 sr. De'Andre Coley 6'1" 215
FS - #28 sr. Josh Liddell 6'1" 210
       #3 fr. Montaric Brown 6'1" 190
I fully expect to see Montaric Brown in the two-deep at free safety. He is that talented and aggressive. I do not expect to see Agim stay on the inside. I also would not be surprised to see TJ Hammonds move full-time to receiver, especially with the addition of Chase Hayden and Maleek Williams at RB. Incoming Juco transfer Jeremy Patton might earn the starting job at TE, but I went with Cantrell for now...he's a solid player with good hands and quickness for his size.
One thing on the O-Line that may happen...I wouldn't be shocked if Ragnow was moved to left tackle, mostly because he's got that kind of talent and versatility, which would mean Zach Rogers would start at center.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

scorekeeper

It would be nice to actually start redshirting some guys. I'd like to see some redshirt freshmen contribute. How many starters or potential starters have redshirted?
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

hawginbigd1

Quote from: scorekeeper on December 01, 2016, 03:46:10 pm
It would be nice to actually start redshirting some guys. I'd like to see some redshirt freshmen contribute. How many starters or potential starters have redshirted?
a few Giovanni LaFrance, Briston Guidry, Britto Tutt, Deon Edwards, Jordan Jones, Paul Ramirez, Deion Malone JUCO's

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

hogfanny

Quote from: longpig on December 01, 2016, 10:00:05 pm

It has been a long time since we had any good competition at QB at least that has been given any playing time.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Lake City Hog on November 28, 2016, 04:54:32 pm
       OFFENSE
WR1 1 Jared Cornelius
        16 L Pettway

WR2 10 Jordan Jones
        84 D McClure

TE  44 Austin Cantrell
      85 C O'Grady

LT  74 C Jackson
     64 Jake Hall

LG 51 Hjalte Froholdt
     50 Jake Raulerson

C 72 Frank Ragnow
   75 Zach Rogers

RG 62 Johnny Gibson
     79 Jalen Merrick

RT 60 Brian Wallace
     76 P Ramirez

QB 8 Austin Allen
     5 Ty Storey

RB 22 Rawleigh Williams III
     21 Devwah Whaley

FB 34 Kendrick Jackson
     32 Hayden Johnson

DEFENSE
DE 97 Tevin Beanum
     96 Karl Roesler

DT 41 Austin Capps
      86 A Watts

DT 3 McTelvin Agim
     78 Bijhon Jackson

DE 10 R Ramsey
      91 M Taylor

SLB 35 D Eugene
       4 A Jean-Baptiste

MLB 8 De'Jon Harris
       45 Josh Harris

WLB 23 D Greenlaw
        33 D Walker

CB 11 B Tutt
     15 N Dalton

FS 28 Josh Liddell
     38 Reid Miller or 22 D Edwards

SS 9 Santos Ramirez
    20 De'Andre Coley

CB 11 Ryan Pulley
      5 Henre' Toliver

The first thing that jumped out at me is that we don't have near enough Defensive End body types on campus. Our roster says DL and 90% of them have so similar body types--- nearing the 300lb mark. We really need to go out and recruit some speed rush guys.
With a good cross section in this class we should be much better off numbers wise at each position. BB has to maintain that and not go crazy at any one position.

IF Ragnow stays for his Senior year I see no reason for us to take a step back. The O'Line should be lightyears ahead and that will make a huge difference for AA. I put Jackson at LT, but he and Wallace could swap out. That is the key position for us, get GOOD play out of either one of them and it puts our TE back in the game plan in a bigger way.

Defensively, do we see a drop-off? Yeah we lose Winston, Wise Led and Johnson, but Agim and Capps get tons more PT. Does Beanum come back READY to play from day 1? Can Ramsey and Taylor hold down the other side?
I think it should be pretty much a wash there.
I certainly cannot see us being any worse than this season!!

How many games can these 44 guys win?
You forgot about Kevin Richardson. He's #2 at every secondary position on defense. The "jack of all trades".
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Atl_Hog

Whatever happened to Will Gragg? Still on team?
Wooo Pig Sooie!!!

Youngsta71701

OFFENSE
QB- Austin Allen
      Cole Kelley

RB- Rawleigh Williams
      Devwah Whaley or
      T.J. Hammonds

FB- Kendrick Jackson
      Hayden Johnson

WR- Jared Cornelius
       La'Michael Pettway

WR- Deon Stewart
       D'Vone McClure or
       Jordan Jones

TE- Austin Cantrell
      Cheyenne O'Grady or
      Grayson Gunter or
      Will Gragg or
      Jamario Bell

LT- Colton Jackson
      Jake Hall

LG- Hjalte Froholdt
      Jake Raulerson

C- Frank Ragnow
    Zach Rogers

RG- Johnny Gibson
       Jalen Merrick

RT- Brian Wallace
      Paul Ramirez

DEFENSE
DE- Tevin Beanum
      Karl Roessler

DT- Austin Capps
      Armon Watts

DT- Bijhon Jackson
      Briston Guidry

DE- McTelvin Agim
      Michael Taylor

OLB- Randy Ramsey
        Khalil Hackett or
        Alexy Jean Baptiste

MLB- De'Jon Harris
        Josh Harris or
        Giovanni LaFrance

OLB- Dre Greenlaw
        Dwayne Eugene or
        Dee Walker

CB- Britto Tutt
      Kevin Richardson

FS- Josh Liddell
      Reid Miller or Nate Dalton

SS- DeAndre Coley
      Santos Ramirez

CB- Ryan Pulley
      Henre Toliver

Piggfoot

Quote from: hawkhog on November 28, 2016, 07:52:29 pm
I'm thinking Story will transfer after the bowl game.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

DeltaBoy

It looks like we are improving.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

al_pigcino

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on December 06, 2016, 03:14:18 pm
That's a whole lot of suck on defense. Offensively we could improve if the recievers come along.
Really?  The front 7 look decent (not great or anything) and the corners are pretty good.  I'm worried about safety play though. 

Youngsta71701

Quote from: al_pigcino on December 08, 2016, 09:11:17 am
Really?  The front 7 look decent (not great or anything) and the corners are pretty good.  I'm worried about safety play though.
Exactly...If the corners don't have help over the top that will make them look bad as well.

Youngsta71701

HOW A BASE 3-4 DEFENSE MIGHT LOOK if we decide to switch to a 3-4. (added nickel as well) Per Trey Biddy Hawgsports.com

DE- McTelvin Agim
      Briston Guidry
      T.J. Smith

NT- Bijhon Jackson
      Austin Capps
      Armon Watts

DE- Tevin Beanum
      Jonathan Marshall
      Daytreion Dean

OLB- Randy Ramsey
        Alexy Jean-Baptiste
        Dee Walker

MLB- De'Jon Harris
        Josh Harris
        Giovanni LaFrance

WLB- Dre' Greenlaw
         Dwayne Eugene
         Grant Morgan

OLB- Karl Roessler
        Michael Taylor
        Khalia Hackett

FCB- Henre' Toliver
        Kevin Richardson
        Byron Keaton

BCB- Ryan Pulley
        Britto Tutt

NB- Kevin Richardson
      Dre' Greenlaw*

FS- Kevin Richardson
      Josh Liddell
      Deon Edwards

SS- Santos Ramirez
      De'Andre Coley
      Micahh Smith

davril98

Good info.  What about kicker and punter?  Sorry, don't know what class the current guys are.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: davril98 on December 08, 2016, 11:56:02 am
Good info.  What about kicker and punter?  Sorry, don't know what class the current guys are.
K- Cole Hedlund
    Connor Limpert

P- Blake Johnson

KO- Connor Limpert

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

2017 DL
DE Agim/Dean
NG Jackson/ Guidry
DT Capps/ Watts
DE Beanum/ Smith
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

MS_HogFan

I predict that Daytrieon Dean, Dee Walker & Deon Edwards are going to make some noise in 2017
SOOIE

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

2017 will be the first season under bielema where we'll have a backup qb that the fanbase has some confidence in
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

scorekeeper

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on December 09, 2016, 07:29:01 am
2017 will be the first season under bielema where we'll have a backup qb that the fanbase has some confidence in
What is the confidence based on and how is it any different than the confidence that we have had in any of our backup qbs the Bielema years?
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Lake City Hog on November 28, 2016, 07:39:54 pm

Which only means we have the worst possible defense.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: scorekeeper on December 09, 2016, 08:22:42 am
What is the confidence based on and how is it any different than the confidence that we have had in any of our backup qbs the Bielema years?
The fact that coaches were were talking about the different types of throws hes able to make that most people cant. I've also talked to a couple players and they told me the only thing keeping him from really pushing Allen for the starting job this past season was knowledge of the playbook. If he wasn't a freshman, he would've been the backup.

redleg

This is a good website for college and pro football ..... http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/arkansas/89992
According to these folks, Arkansas is losing 4 senior starters on offense (Hatcher, Morgan, Skipper, and Sprinkle), and 5 senior starters on defense (Winston, Johnson, Ledbetter, Ellis, and Collins).
Filling in the vacated positions with a "best guess" as to which player might earn that spot, the Hogs starting line-ups in 2017 may look like this.....
Offense:
QB - Austin Allen
FB - Kendrick Jackson
TB - Rawleigh Williams
WR - Jared Cornelius
WR - Deon Stewart or LaMichael Pettway
TE - Austin Cantrell
LT - Colton Jackson or Jake Hall
LG - Hjalte Froholdt
C - Frank Ragnow
RG - Johnny Gibson
RT - Brian Wallace

Defense:
DE - Tevin Beanum
DT - Austin Capps
DT - Bijhon Jackson
DE - McTelvin Agim
SLB - Randy Ramsey
MLB - De'Jon Harris
WLB - Dre Greenlaw
CB - Henre' Tolliver
CB - Ryan Pulley
SS - Santos Ramirez or De'Andre Coley
FS - Josh Liddell
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Hollywood870

TJ Smith and Marshall should contribute on the D-Line

depressed_fan

to answer your last question it will be about the same number of wins as this season. I am very impressed you care enough to know all those names and do all that research. Most that line up I aint never heard of and don't wanna hear of 'em.  You bring up Agim and Capps like they will be the anchors of the defense but neither of them would be starting for any other west teams next year.

al_pigcino

Quote from: depressed_fan on December 09, 2016, 09:55:27 am
You bring up Agim and Capps like they will be the anchors of the defense but neither of them would be starting for any other west teams next year.
It's funny how you say that so matter of factly. 

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: depressed_fan on December 09, 2016, 09:55:27 am
to answer your last question it will be about the same number of wins as this season. I am very impressed you care enough to know all those names and do all that research. Most that line up I aint never heard of and don't wanna hear of 'em.  You bring up Agim and Capps like they will be the anchors of the defense but neither of them would be starting for any other west teams next year.
If you don't know most of the people on the list, then that is you fault and your problem. Sosa Agim would start for almost every team in the SEC. He might not start for bama, but he would still be close to the top on the depth chart. Know what youre talking about before you speak. Typical pissy fairweather fan smh

HogHomer

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on December 09, 2016, 01:40:04 pm
If you don't know most of the people on the list, then that is you fault and your problem. Sosa Agim would start for almost every team in the SEC. He might not start for bama, but he would still be close to the top on the depth chart. Know what youre talking about before you speak. Typical pissy fairweather fan smh
Also wasn't Capps a 4 star? And on top of that he had been committed to us for a while before signing day. He would start for most of the SEC teams outside of LSU Bama Auburn and Florida

Edit: and possibly A&M