Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching Openings

Started by WilsonHog, September 25, 2016, 03:45:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rhog1

goodguytex

This is texass trying to set the table for Herman. They will throw everything money wise at him to get him to come coach there. And I don't want to see Herman go there because he may make texass good again. And the longer texass is, the more humility texass fans will have to learn.

They need to be humbled more.... A lot more.

ChicoHog

Quote from: goodguytex on October 03, 2016, 03:03:39 pm
This is texass trying to set the table for Herman. They will throw everything money wise at him to get him to come coach there. And I don't want to see Herman go there because he may make texass good again. And the longer texass is, the more humility texass fans will have to learn.

I think it helps us if Texas gets good.  More Texas kids will want to go there instead of A&M.  We need the Longhorns to be good unfortunately.  And since we are no longer a rival for Texas I hope they do get good and take the Aggies recruits.  I'm tired of losing to those guys. 

hogninja

Need to see if Coach O continues with the performance he just dominated with. You can teach an old dog new tricks and if he gets the right OC and DC, then he could be good fit for the Tigers. Lord knows he has the recruiting base.

opineonswine

Quote from: husker71 on October 03, 2016, 10:41:21 am
If he gets fired in Texas Charlie wont be without a job for long

No, he's a really good DC.  It was a dumb hire by Texas. 

LZH

Fisher to LSU

Freeze to FSU ahead of the sanctions

Hermann to Texas

Gus saves his ass enough for one last year

Petrino may be offered by Auburn next year, but stays at UL

ChicoHog

Quote from: LZH on October 06, 2016, 02:58:54 pm
Fisher to LSU

Freeze to FSU ahead of the sanctions

Hermann to Texas

Gus saves his ass enough for one last year

Petrino may be offered by Auburn next year, but stays at UL
I can see that happening although I don't know if FSU would take Freeze.  The rest of it is plausible. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: goodguytex on October 03, 2016, 03:03:39 pm

That's as impossible as teaching a snake how to walk with legs..........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

BigDrDon

Houston Knutt is being courted by LSU. He loves the helmet, so they have offered him equipment manager position.

You gonna look me dead in the eye,hold a straight face ,and swear to me,that the forward pass is legal?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: BigDrDon on October 11, 2016, 01:31:08 pm
Houston Knutt is being courted by LSU. He loves the helmet, so they have offered him equipment manager position.

Probably wouldn't last long. I bet he can't spell LSU. He'd probably get it wrong on the helmets.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

goodguytex

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 11, 2016, 07:33:52 am
That's as impossible as teaching a snake how to walk with legs..........................
Don't I know it!! I had to go off on a texass fan at work this morning.

hog.goblin

Quote from: ricepig on October 16, 2016, 02:21:45 pm
https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/status/787727721346560000

Time to bring back Jim Chaney and give him a head coaching opportunity.  Jim might want to explore this before the Florida game.

husker71

Is Purdue that bad of a job??   I think they will surprise us all with their choice   I dont think it will be an up and coming asst   Maybe a step up from smaller school head coach??  No inside information for sure just my wild guesses 

hog.goblin

Quote from: husker71 on October 16, 2016, 04:14:39 pm
Is Purdue that bad of a job??   I think they will surprise us all with their choice   I dont think it will be an up and coming asst   Maybe a step up from smaller school head coach??  No inside information for sure just my wild guesses 

They are one of the worst power 5 conferences in terms of spending money.  Still better than most group of 5 schools.

I'm thinking someone like Bo Pelini.  Though he should probably stay put.

DEVIL DOG HOG

The Western Michigan HC might get looked at hard.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

ArkansasI

No such thing as a bad P5 job. Life is short. These are great institutions. Great opportunities. All can attract good coaches.

DEVIL DOG HOG

Heard something about Enos and Purdue.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

I could see Enos ending up at LSU if O doesn't work out in the overall.  Then LSU would kick our butts on a regular basis.

Joe-T

October 19, 2016, 10:43:38 am #69 Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 05:01:32 pm by Joe-T
I think Briles ends up at Texas Tech or Houston

husker71

LSU would not take Enos    just my opinion      the fans think they can get whoever they want and a 26-36 former head coach is not acceptable to the FANS    now I think he is a really good coach who could do good wherever he went from here and maybe the football minds at LSU know that to   but you have to placate the fans   just my opinion

GoHogs1091

Here are my predictions.

LSU    If Ed Orgeron wins all games other than Alabama, and if a loss to Alabama is a close loss, then Orgeron gets the job.

If the above does not happen, then either Jimbo Fisher, Dan Mullen, or Larry Fedora gets the LSU job.

Texas    If Charlie Strong is gone after the season, then Tom Herman gets the Texas job.

Houston   If Tom Herman gets the Texas job, then P.J Fleck goes to Houston.

Purdue    Les Miles gets the Purdue job.

Florida State    If Jimbo Fisher gets the LSU job, then Jim Mora, Jr. gets the Florida State job.

Notre Dame    If Brian Kelly is gone after the season, then Greg Schiano gets the Notre Dame job.

Georgia Tech    If Paul Johnson is gone after the season, and if Charlie Strong is out at Texas, then Charlie Strong to Georgia Tech.

Mississippi State    If Dan Mullen goes to LSU, then either Skip Holtz or Mark Hudspeth goes to Mississippi State.

North Carolina    If Larry Fedora goes to LSU, then Scott Satterfield goes to North Carolina.

UCLA    If Jim Mora, Jr. goes to Florida State, then either Lane Kiffin or Ed Orgeron (if he doesn't get the LSU job) goes to UCLA.

clutch

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 20, 2016, 09:30:44 pm
Here are my predictions.

LSU    If Ed Orgeron wins all games other than Alabama, and if a loss to Alabama is a close loss, then Orgeron gets the job.

If the above does not happen, then either Jimbo Fisher, Dan Mullen, or Larry Fedora gets the LSU job.

Texas    If Charlie Strong is gone after the season, then Tom Herman gets the Texas job.

Houston   If Tom Herman gets the Texas job, then P.J Fleck goes to Houston.

Purdue    Les Miles gets the Purdue job.

Florida State    If Jimbo Fisher gets the LSU job, then Jim Mora, Jr. gets the Florida State job.

Notre Dame    If Brian Kelly is gone after the season, then Greg Schiano gets the Notre Dame job.

Georgia Tech    If Paul Johnson is gone after the season, and if Charlie Strong is out at Texas, then Charlie Strong to Georgia Tech.

Mississippi State    If Dan Mullen goes to LSU, then either Skip Holtz or Mark Hudspeth goes to Mississippi State.

North Carolina    If Larry Fedora goes to LSU, then Scott Satterfield goes to North Carolina.

UCLA    If Jim Mora, Jr. goes to Florida State, then either Lane Kiffin or Ed Orgeron (if he doesn't get the LSU job) goes to UCLA.

I think Willy Taggart gets an offer to one of these jobs.

nwahogfan1

Good try 1091 but your really only reshuffling  the deck of current Head Coaches or used to be HCs. I see some of these hires being younger HCs at a Mid Major or even Coordinators.  I can see Ms St would or GT do this.  Skip Holtz did not do well at South Florida so why would he do well at Ms ST?   Boise St Head coach might get contacted.  Western Michigan HC might get a call.  I think both are undefeated this year  Enos might get contacted by GT.   Those fans are probable tired of the Bone offense.

ChicoHog

Herman's star is not nearly as bright as it used to be.  SMU beat them easily yesterday as 20 point underdogs.  He better get out ASAP before the other job opportunities dry up!  His asking price might not be quite as much either. 

Grunt

Isn't Strong about done at Texas? They should be talking to Petrino.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Hogtimes

Quote from: dsgreen on September 25, 2016, 08:03:40 pm
Houston can afford him and if they get in the Big 12 they will own that conference.

Not likely

husker71

^^    any chance they give Strong another year???   

husker71

how about the Michigan State coach     any chance he would take either Texas or LSU??     somebody on radio today was talking about this and they said if he left Michigan State now it might look like he was running from Harbaugh.  Any thoughts??

ChicoHog

Quote from: husker71 on November 09, 2016, 03:30:47 pm
how about the Michigan State coach     any chance he would take either Texas or LSU??     somebody on radio today was talking about this and they said if he left Michigan State now it might look like he was running from Harbaugh.  Any thoughts??
That's a pretty good call.  Dantonio is highly respected despite this years debacle.  If LSU calls it would be tough to turn down I think.  Then PJ Fleck to Mich st?  That would be awesome!  Harbaugh and mini Harbaugh battling it out! 

HillBillyHogfan

Jeff Tedford IN at Fresno State
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

Porkyswine

Is it next year that Pork Chop's buyout becomes reasonable?

ChicoHog

Who is Pork Chop?

GA st fired their coach today. 

rhog1

Michael D Huff AIA

This list of coaching vacancies will grow much larger after the first week of December. 

ChicoHog

Quote from: Michael D Huff AIA on November 18, 2016, 08:33:46 am
This list of coaching vacancies will grow much larger after the first week of December. 
Maybe but I don't think there will be quite a many as we think.  Too many new coaches already to have very many openings at the Power 5 level.  PJ Fleck may not have as many choices as he thinks.  Maybe Cincinnati?  Only Big 10 opening will likely be Purdue.  Only SEC opening is LSU and ACC may not have anything.   Big 12 has Baylor of course and maybe Texas and/or Kansas.  Now if someone moves like Fisher to LSU then the domino effect happens and more spots open up.

The OTR

Baylor HC job not listed...

Hogfaniam

Bye bye Charlie.  Hello Charlie?
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

rhog1

Quote from: Hogfaniam on November 19, 2016, 06:37:46 pm
Bye bye Charlie.  Hello Charlie?
I really think Charlie is a good coach. He is just an awful fit at Texas. He should go somewhere as a defensive coordinator for a few years and jump back as a head coach somewhere else. 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: husker71 on October 03, 2016, 10:41:21 am
If he gets fired in Texas Charlie wont be without a job for long
Yeah but it will be a crappy one.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on November 19, 2016, 06:05:01 pm
Baylor HC job not listed...
May as well list Houston, too. 99% chance Herman is gone.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ChicoHog

Quote from: rhog1 on November 19, 2016, 07:47:03 pm
I really think Charlie is a good coach. He is just an awful fit at Texas. He should go somewhere as a defensive coordinator for a few years and jump back as a head coach somewhere else. 
He may get a DC job at a high profile, high paying school but I'm not sure what will be open.  Maybe Notre Dame as they fired Van Gorder earlier this year.  Or a HC job at Cincinnati?  I think TT will be fired. 

ricepig

The OTR

Charlie Strong is not going to jump down to a coordinator's job

He's already been a successful head coach at Louisville - he's not chopped liver

RazrRila99

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 19, 2016, 03:33:11 pm
Maybe but I don't think there will be quite a many as we think.  Too many new coaches already to have very many openings at the Power 5 level.  PJ Fleck may not have as many choices as he thinks.  Maybe Cincinnati?  Only Big 10 opening will likely be Purdue.  Only SEC opening is LSU and ACC may not have anything.   Big 12 has Baylor of course and maybe Texas and/or Kansas.  Now if someone moves like Fisher to LSU then the domino effect happens and more spots open up.

Granted it hasnt shown in the win column, I dont think Kansas will come open.  They have been competitive, beat UT for the first time in forever.  Plus I think they are still paying Weis and their last coach.  The only way I see that one coming open is if that coach gets hired away.  I could be wrong, it is KU we are talking about.

hog.goblin

Feinbaum said he thought Texas would go after 1) Herman and 2) Fisher.  Would TX be easier to win at than FL St?  Dabo is going to Bama when Saban retires, and then Petrino and Louisville are the only team in his way to the playoff.  Even Dabo isn't all that threatening, particularly once Watson is gone.

I'm not sold the Big 12 is an easier path with Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Kansas St, and TCU always having a decent chance to knock you off.

husker71

If I was Texas I would go after Chip Kelly    Also Les Miles needs to be patient because when the dominoes start to fall he needs to be available and I think he can get a better job than Purdue (where he was rumored to be the #1 candidate)   Is Jim Mora going to be available ??  I heard he might be     

ChicoHog

Chip Kelly would be a horrible fit at Texas.  He has zero personality, would struggle with the big time alumni and banquet circuit and is a cheater also.  I think he would be much better at a lower profile program that is not a traditional power like Texas with big time boosters.  Oregon has Phil Knight of course but not nearly as many power players and alumni base like a Texas does.