Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marshall Henderson, all things

Started by jbcarol, January 27, 2013, 06:41:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Ole Miss  89,  Oregon  89  Overtime in Oxford on ESPNU

Henderson has a career high 32 points on 8-20 from treyville.

Ole Miss was down six inside 20 seconds in regulation.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

-Blu

For those keeping up with the SEC, Ole Miss vs Oregon are in Overtime right now.  Ole Miss was down by 5 with like 13 seconds to go, Henderson hits a 3 and makes it a 2 point game, then Oregon misses 1 free throw, and Ole Miss get a 3 pointer with 0.8 to send it to OT.

jbcarol

Coach Dana Altman has shown a steadfast commitment to stop Henderson.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Henderson finished with a career high 39 points as Ole Miss lost by 10 at home in overtime.  Henderson was 10-23 from Treyville while the Ducks were 11-19.

The ten three pointers were reported to be a single game Ole Miss record.

upperdeck_hawg

I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

Breems

He's nothing more than a shooter who has been given a huge green light. Anthlon Bell could be Marshall Henderson with equal playing time and no restrictions.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

mhuff

Quote from: Breems on December 09, 2013, 11:28:08 am
He's nothing more than a shooter who has been given a huge green light. Anthlon Bell could be Marshall Henderson with equal playing time and no restrictions.

Breems, I watched him play this last weekend. If you and I were given the same number of shots, I believe we could outscore him. I have never seen a player with worse form throw up that many bad shots. I know he has to be better than his performance. The announcers were even saying that it could be his worse game ever. I had not seen him before.

I don't hate anyone. I think Ole Miss might have won that game if he had been sick and not played that game.

Hawg Red

Can't stand him. And I'm usually the kind of fan that gravitates towards players/coaches that the general public/local fans can't stand (i.e. Manziel, Gus, etc.). Just can't do it with this kid. I did think the Auburn jersey popping incident was hilarious but only because of the reaction of the Auburn crowd. Kid just rubs me the wrong way and I'm not averse to brash personalities.

nextlevel

Quote from: mhuff on December 09, 2013, 11:50:12 am
Breems, I watched him play this last weekend. If you and I were given the same number of shots, I believe we could outscore him. I have never seen a player with worse form throw up that many bad shots. I know he has to be better than his performance. The announcers were even saying that it could be his worse game ever. I had not seen him before.

I don't hate anyone. I think Ole Miss might have won that game if he had been sick and not played that game.

It was the same last year, the difference this year is he doesn't have Holloway and White down low snagging up his bricks passing it back out so he can jack another one up.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

sooiepig_12

Quote from: nextlevel on December 09, 2013, 12:07:35 pm
It was the same last year, the difference this year is he doesn't have Holloway and White down low snagging up his bricks passing it back out so he can jack another one up.
I believe you mean Holloway and Buckner.  They're pretty solid this year.  Summers and Milinghouse are solid guards and Cox down low is pretty good.  I love watching him.  He can shoot the rock.  I do think Ole Miss goes to him too much sometimes when they should be going inside or letting they're other guards penetrate.

texhog

Of course, if he were playing the Hogs, 80% of his shots would have fallen.

WizardofhOgZ

Interesting thing is that we get him and his Black Bears in the Bud this year.  After years of playing Ole Miss home and home every season, we rolled out the new SEC schedule last year and only played them in the Tad with the jackass going off on us and being his usual obnoxious self.  At the time, I was thinking "wait until we get him on our court", only to check the schedule and find out they weren't coming in until this year.  Well, now the shoe's on the other foot - they come here but we don't have to go there.  I expect him to get a warm welcome.

While on that subject . . . we actually play both Kentucky and Mizzou home and home this season.  The others we play two against are Georgia, Alabama and LSU.  We play at A&M, but don't get them back here until next year; on the other hand, we host Florida and don't go there until next season.

Fatty McGee

I love any player who makes the game more interesting.  And he does do that. 
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Smithian

He shot Ole Miss into the tournament last season and played big in their NCAA victory so I can dislike him personally but the kid can play.

Breems

Quote from: Smithian on December 09, 2013, 02:38:47 pm
He shot Ole Miss into the tournament last season and played big in their NCAA victory so I can dislike him personally but the kid can play.

He's shot them out of just as many games. Poor gameplan.

Quote from: nextlevel on December 09, 2013, 12:07:35 pm

Yep. So glad we won't see Holloway and Buckner this year

Quote from: mhuff on December 09, 2013, 11:50:12 am

Indeed. The elevation on his shot is pretty good, but I don't recall many shooters that were consistent with that kind of elevation anyway.

PORKULATOR

I want to take him by the neck and beat him against Johnny Manhumper. They're like the same dude. Won't wish bad on them, but I will smile when karma catches up to them.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

DeltaBoy

He is a want to B  Pistol Pete but he is not as accurate.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PORKULATOR

He's a turd. And worse, he's a floater when your old ladies mom comes by. just... he just,.!!! sux
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Smithian

Quote from: Breems on December 09, 2013, 02:42:25 pm
He's shot them out of just as many games. Poor gameplan.
And they still made the tournament after 6 years of NIT Basketball.

Ray Piggers

can't save these pics at work to upload them here, but... Here are some golden sign opportunities for you gents who will be attending the BUD when he's in town

http://i1.wp.com/www.themarsreel.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/BBeq_FbCMAE-syg.jpg?resize=600%2C900

http://www.texomashomepage.com/story/flashback-to-2005-marshall-henderson-in-his-bowie-days/d/story/IgPl5Uz-b0aiUQ0qoGL-HA

http://i44.tinypic.com/5ueb9w.jpg

and if anyone could blow this picture up it would be AMAZING

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18cxdk6wf874ojpg/original.jpg
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Breems

Quote from: Smithian on December 09, 2013, 10:20:04 pm
And they still made the tournament after 6 years of NIT Basketball.

Holloway, Buckner, and even Summers played a big part in that. He will continue to shoot them in and out of games this year and, as nextlevel mentioned, it will be harder to clean up his misses.

panhandlepig

I don't hate the kid. I don't even know him.

He has been interesting to watch.

nextlevel

Quote from: panhandlepig on December 09, 2013, 11:13:28 pm
  I don't hate the kid. I don't even know him.

He has been interesting to watch.

His twitter account was far more interesting than his play on the court, but I believe that has been one area of his game that has been shut down.

#whitegirlwednesdays
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

ballz2thewall

i know him through other people very close to me.  they are hip to all aspects of his personal life and his court activities.  their opinion is that he's a pretty nice fellow and an intense competitor.  they don't try to defend what others say; they're simply calling it how the see it.

if he were no good at basketball this thread would never exist.
The rest of the frog.

Coachjy

Henderson is a THUG..... plain and simple. He'll be in jail 5 minutes after he leaves Ole Miss. Probably should be now. Andy Kennedy likes those sort of players. Remember he coached at Cincinnati where that's about all you get is problem children. Henderson takes more shots than Kobe Bryant in a game.

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

PonderinHog

Rooster Hogburn

Quote from: Coachjy on December 10, 2013, 09:54:39 am
Henderson is a THUG..... plain and simple. He'll be in jail 5 minutes after he leaves Ole Miss. Probably should be now. Andy Kennedy likes those sort of players. Remember he coached at Cincinnati where that's about all you get is problem children. Henderson takes more shots than Kobe Bryant in a game.

Thug Life (The Hate U Give Little Infants F#€!$ Everbody)
-tupac

Henderson is provocative! He gets the people going.
#ni**asinparis
#whatdoesitmean
To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

Birminghog

jbcarol

Henderson and Jarvis Summers combined for 40 points as Ole Miss defeated MTSU 72-63 in Oxford. MTSU won a couple of games over SEC schools last season.  Henderson started for the first time this season.

Ole Miss was out rebounded 48-27.

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: PORKULATOR on December 09, 2013, 04:12:11 pm
I want to take him by the neck and beat him against Johnny Manhumper. They're like the same dude. Won't wish bad on them, but I will smile when karma catches up to them.

The Justin Beiber of their respective sports.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

jbcarol

Henderson scored 26 on 6-13 from Treyville and 8-9 from the line as Ole Miss defeated UL-Monroe, 75-62 in the Tad Pad.

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger ‏@HKellenbergerCL 11m
Anthony Perez dunks a Marshall Henderson miss from 3 and is called for basket interference.

Technical foul on Marshall Henderson. He was apparently talking to the ref about the aforementioned call.

Mercer ends the half with a dunk off the inbounds, and the Rebels trail 41-29.

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger ‏@HKellenbergerCL 2h
It's a 74-73 game with 24.2 remaining and Kennedy calls a timeout. He has a tough call here.

Give it to the hot hand (Summers) for a drive inside, or let your alpha dog (Henderson) take the shot?

And Marshall Henderson gets fouled underneath the basket. He's headed to the line with a chance to take the lead.

Henderson is a 78.9 percent shooter this season, 4-of-5 today.

He missed both. Ole Miss has to foul.

76-73 game with 16.5 remaining.

Marshall Henderson hits a 3 to tie the game, but then Langston Hall makes a 3 at the buzzer. 79-76 final, Mercer wins.

Andy Kennedy saying game was lost when team missed three layups when up 67-60.

Reality check: Mercer is No. 48 in the RPI, Kansas State is No. 130. That'll change with conference play, but latter a worse loss.

jbcarol

Henderson had 23 points on 7-13 from behind the arc as Ole Miss came back from an early deficit to defeat Western, 79-74 in Bowling Green.

jbcarol

Henderson and Jarvis Summers combined for 44 points as Ole Miss lost to Dayton in OT, 83-30 at Tad Smith Coliseum in Oxford.

jbcarol

Best player for Ole Miss? It's not Marshall Henderson
Kennedy calls improved Summers the team's top player (Dissension in Oxford?)

"Jarvis is our best player," coach Andy Kennedy said. "He's not our most hyped player, but he is our best player and has been all season. Marshall does what Marshall does, and he has the ability to knock down shots."

What Summers has done, as the Rebels prepare to play Auburn tonight (6 p.m., ESPN2) in the first of two league games Henderson must sit out because of his staggered suspension, is score 17.8 points per game while making 55.2 percent of his shots. He's scored at least 20 points in each of Ole Miss' last three games, including a career-high 29 against Dayton Saturday.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20140109/SPORTS030103/301090037/Best-player-Ole-Miss-s-not-Marshall-Henderson

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger ‏@HKellenbergerCL 9 Jan
Marshall Henderson suffered a neck injury during a rebounding drill in practice, actually went to the hospital. May have been out anyways.

Serving previously announced suspension for off-season transgressions against Miss. State.

jbcarol

David Brandt ‏@davidbrandtAP 9h
Final: Ole Miss 88, LSU 74. Henderson had 25 points.

First game back from suspension for off-season issues. Appears to be okay after injury. More subdued Henderson this season.

jbcarol

On Henderson's return from suspension: "He did not truly snap Wednesday during Ole Miss' 88-74 overtime win against LSU, but after making a 3-pointer with 2:54 remaining he made a chainsaw motion, screamed and started beating his chest in the direction of the student section. After a teammate made a shot a moment later, he high-stepped down the court. And with time running out, Henderson threw an alley-oop to forward Aaron Jones."

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20140117/SPORTS030103/301170037/Ole-Miss-Marshall-Henderson-unleashes-inner-rebel

Noted for being calm and quiet during the non-conference schedule.

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports  7h
#OleMiss G Marshall Henderson named @SEC Player of the Week http://ow.ly/sLxpO  #hottytoddy

jbcarol

A year after the shot that started it all, Marshall Henderson is going back to Vanderbilt.

Henderson's 35-foot 3-pointer against Vanderbilt on Jan. 15, 2013 sent the game into overtime, and the Rebels pulled away for the third of six-straight wins to open Southeastern Conference play. But the way Henderson reacted, running around the court with a look that was a mixture of shock and rage, was the first taste of the Ole Miss star for many casual basketball fans.

"It was just one game, but honestly it was probably the jump-off to this phenomenon that has continued 365 days later," coach Andy Kennedy said. '"The Marshall Henderson phenomenon.' That was closely followed up by going to Auburn and the jersey popping, and this thing took on a life of its own."

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20140121/SPORTS030103/301210032/Marshall-Henderson-Phenomenon-started-Vandy

Sending a clear message, the SEC named Henderson Player of the Week after these two games.

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger ‏@HKellenbergerCL  13m
This is a weird stat: Marshall Henderson's five 2-pointers today are a season-high.

jbcarol

As Henderson walked past the Mississippi State bench and celebrated and spoke emphatically with teammates, Ray appeared to mouth an obscenity. Language warning on the video (via link). Ray issued an apology on his Instagram and Twitter accounts Sunday:

Quote"I responded inappropriately to an Ole Miss player [Saturday] in our game," the statement read. "I reached out to [Ole Miss] coach [Andy] Kennedy immediately to apologize and subsequently to the player too. There is no reason for a coach to ever have interaction with an opposing player, ever, regardless of the circumstances. I was more upset with our performance than the player. I was totally at fault."

Ole Miss won 82-63. Henderson who has had a history of run-ins, converted runners yesterday, making a season high five two-point field goals.

Ole Miss held Henderson out of the Mississippi State earlier this month in Starkville as part of his suspension for off-season transgressions.  Ole Miss lost that game.

jbcarol

jbcarol

C-L Sports ‏@CLSports 16 mins
New MSU blog post: SEC will not discipline Mississippi State coach Rick Ray http://on.thec-l.com/1fhRrZo  #hailstate

TheJoeyBucketz

Discipline him? Hell, everybody wants to say that to that kid.
Dominic Fletcher following his homerun against Texas Tech in Omaha, "I thought they said this park was big?!"