Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wash St qb- RIP

Started by twistitup, January 17, 2018, 04:54:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Very sad....be kind to each other folks....we never know what people are going through.

Started in the bowl game, was to compete for starting job next season

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/police-washington-st-qb-tyler-hilinski-dead-apparent-self-inflicted-gunshot-wound-041541168.html
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

southarkhog06

gosh that's sad, My thoughts for the family.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Sad indeed... Prayers for his family, teammates and anyone else feeling that the world would be better off without them.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Kevin

sad. may God comfort his family & friends
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hoglady

So young, so sad.
Prayers that his family and teammates find peace and comfort - both will be hard to come by for a long time.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Redhogs

Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

rzrbk4life

Dang that's terrible. RIP brother
Let's call those hogs!!!!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: twistitup on January 17, 2018, 04:54:45 am
Very sad....be kind to each other folks....we never know what people are going through.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/police-washington-st-qb-tyler-hilinski-dead-apparent-self-inflicted-gunshot-wound-041541168.html

Prayers for his family and teammates.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

liljo

Prayers up for family and friends. Very tragic.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

pigture perfect

A lot of people who appear happy on the outside have some big issues on the inside. Looks can fool you. So sorry to hear about this. Prayers for his family this morning.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Rudy Baylor

HoggyCat

Sad to hear.

But my question is how they're immediately jumping to suicide. Article says he used a rifle. That's hard to do.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

twistitup

Quote from: HoggyCat on January 17, 2018, 09:14:39 am
Sad to hear.

But my question is how they're immediately jumping to suicide. Article says he used a rifle. That's hard to do.

Have you seen Full Metal Jacket?

Not that hard...very sad situation.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Busta_Nutt

Sad to hear.

Throw this one in the Hot Take Archives. Wow!

hoglady

Sad to hear.

But my question is how they’re immediately jumping to suicide. Article says he used a rifle. That’s hard to do.

Article said they found a rifle and a suicide note.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

RollHogTide

Heartbreaking - prayers for his family, teammates, and friends.

Paul

Sad to hear.

no it's not.  one of my best friends did same thing

jgphillips3

That's terrible.  I feel for the family and for the kid.  It's sad to see a kid with the best years of his life ahead of him feel so low that he sees no way out. 

Hawgzinbowlz

RIP...Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Vantage 8 dude

Unfortunately this happens far too often in our society. I agree that so many times we have no clue as to the issues/problems some folks are going through. Some of those problems are only imagined; others are obviously very real. Even the case of the former, however, those challenges can seem to be overwhelming and the person dealing which such loses all sense of hope and/or perspective.

I most certainly pray for the young man's family. Sad to imagine what wonderful and great things Tyler might have accomplished in his life and what promise(s) will never be realized or fulfilled. :'(

Little Lady Back

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 17, 2018, 09:11:52 am
A lot of people who appear happy on the outside have some big issues on the inside. Looks can fool you. So sorry to hear about this. Prayers for his family this morning.

So true. Prayers for his family.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Flrazrback

Very sad, tragic loss... Rest in Peace..

AirWarren

I am going to take this advice serious from now own.

Awful news.

sickboy

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on January 17, 2018, 02:07:06 pm
I'm currently sitting <20 miles from where the event occurred.  Local media reports there was a letter?  :(

I don't know about local, but the national media said there was a suicide note.

CaliforniaHawg

I know a family that went through a similar situation recently. Death of a loved one is never easy, but a suicide is the worst. I wish those who decide to take their own lives could understand the devastation that is left behind. The family I know – it's been three years since their beloved family member took her life and they are still picking up the pieces. Their lives have not been the same since and likely will never be the same.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Paul on January 17, 2018, 10:00:00 am
no it's not.  one of my best friends did same thing
3 of mine as well
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

BOAR'N LEGACY

I'm not saying opiates had anything to do with it,  but they're an epidemic.  I've struggled with addiction and depression all through my 20's and half of my 30's...just got clean and I feel great...I thought about committing suicide quite a few times due to the withdrawal and depression brought about by opiates.  College athletes are given pain pills like candy getting hooked.  Look at the numerous NFL players that have come forward.  It needs to stop!  Prayers are sent regardless of what caused this tragedy.  Too many young people are dying due to problems that can be solved.
"If it's important enough for you, you'll find a way. If it's not, you'll find an excuse." - Jimmy Dykes

"What if DOG was spelled C-A-T?" - Oger

"Cinnabons from Taco Bell: They'll make you cream your pants!" - Nick Kremers

hoglady

Quote from: BOAR'N LEGACY on January 17, 2018, 06:18:15 pm
I'm not saying opiates had anything to do with it,  but they're an epidemic.  I've struggled with addiction and depression all through my 20's and half of my 30's...just got clean and I feel great...I thought about committing suicide quite a few times due to the withdrawal and depression brought about by opiates.  College athletes are given pain pills like candy getting hooked.  Look at the numerous NFL players that have come forward.  It needs to stop!  Prayers are sent regardless of what caused this tragedy.  Too many young people are dying due to problems that can be solved.

Glad to hear you are healthy and happy.
One day at a time - I've had a number of relatives struggle with addiction.

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

sickboy

The opiate epidemic is tragic and devastating. It's a cruel cycle.

HogginUp

Good for you. That's awesome. It takes a lot of strength to overcome addiction. Good day lies ahead, friend.

Hogdomer

This was about a girl who broke up with him.  Tragic.  Good luck to you in the future.

ALLVOL

Such a sad thing. I wish people could just realize that this is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I know they can't see that it's temporary but no matter the problem it is. I hope his family can find some sense of peace.

KCRazorbackfan

Very, very sad.  Prayers to his family and football family. 
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

hoglady

Quote from: Hogdomer on January 18, 2018, 09:17:38 am
This was about a girl who broke up with him.  Tragic.  Good luck to you in the future.

No matter the trigger - there's a mental health issue involved.