• 391,977 Topics
• 22,134 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I love the buddies/ignore list...  (Read 2281 times)

Possible Oatmeal

• All-American Hogvillian
Re: I love the buddies/ignore list...
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2018, 11:41:06 am »

FYI - The most obvious reason to block someone is not because they disagree with you.  I'm blown away that people think that is why someone would block someone else.  It's most commonly because the other person is an a-hole or sometimes they are spamming nonsense all over the place and making the board less readable.  I can't even imagine that some of you really think there are people out there blocking someone just because they have a different opinion.  You like brussel sprouts?   BLOCKED!

bigalphahawg

• Varsity
Re: I love the buddies/ignore list...
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2018, 11:57:28 am »

Here’s my approach and it works great for me.  Approach HOGVILLE like going out to dinner with some friends.  You’re at the table, having s good conversation.  Everyone is acting like an adult.  Then someone sits at the table next to you.  They may be loud, they may be drunk, they may let their kids run around the table and disturb everyone. 

So why do you do?  You can either ignore them.  Play along with them.  Act as obnoxious as they are and act like a fool yourself.  It doesn’t matter.  Eventually you’ll be back at a table, having a nice conversation with some people whose opinions actually mean something to you.  The rest is just laughing at the way people act.  Don’t take it too seriously.

I’m a fan. I’ve got a son in the team.  I’m as emotionally invested in Razorback football as someone can be.  But truthfully, in the big scheme of things, we’re all just a bunch of people sitting around tables talking and none of this really matters.

Ahhh....the wisdom approach. I like it.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas