Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chavis met with Media for first time as new Razorbacks D Coordinator (VIDEO)

Started by Scott Marshall, January 10, 2018, 01:21:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Marshall

John Chavis addressed the Arkansas Media for first time as the new Razorbacks Defensive Coordinator #wps #defensewinschampionships

Flrazrback

007 License To Squeal

Pressure defense......affect the QB..........if he can achieve that, our D will succeed. 
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

opineonswine

Awesome presser.

His philosophy should be applied to Hogville, "Either support the plan (vision) or get out".  I liked that.

DeltaBoy

Welcome to the Hill Coach Chavis.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

goodguytex

Just seems weird seeing him wear A razorback shirt after seeing him coach for the enemy for so long. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do at Arkansas.

DLUXHOG

Welcome, welcome, welcome Coach Chavis...    you will absolutely fall in love with the Razorbacks and NWA!   I, and a myriad of other Razorback fans wish you only the best of all good things!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

sickboy

First time I've ever watched a Chavis presser. I like him. I like him a lot.

PIGGTOWN HAM

Last season it just reeked but I hope soon our defense is wreaking havoc! WPS

BorderPatrol

lumphog

Say what you want.... BUT, The Chief "IS" the BEST DC in the country

jgphillips3

After watching some of these pressers, I am seeing a very thoughtfully assembled staff with cohesive vision.  After watching the laser focus of Petrino be followed by the absolute lack of cohesion on the last staff, I think we have a sound and focused group of coaches that will all be pulling in the same direction.  They are going to have to fill some holes through recruiting but by year three I think this will be a dangerous team. 

racinghog

I loved how he said that every team has issues. A large part of coaching is dealing with the issues. The team that deals with their issues better than their opponents are the winners.

How effort is more important than scheme. Although scheme is important the effort to make it go is more so.

Just was glad to see some experienced wisdom.

Porkerpower

I'll bet Chavis is eager to get out of A & M and get a do-over at Arkansas. I don't think A&M is a true reflection of just how good of a coach he can be.

This is his chance to set the record straight, because we all know what he did at Tennessee and LSU

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Porkerpower on January 10, 2018, 09:31:44 pm
I'll bet Chavis is eager to get out of A & M and get a do-over at Arkansas. I don't think A&M is a true reflection of just how good of a coach he can be.

This is his chance to set the record straight, because we all know what he did at Tennessee and LSU

I'm looking forward to many years of Arkansas having the most feared defense in the nation!   WPS!!!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

razorsharptusk

GO HOGS!!

East TN HAWG

Quote from: racinghog on January 10, 2018, 07:39:56 pm
I loved how he said that every team has issues. A large part of coaching is dealing with the issues. The team that deals with their issues better than their opponents are the winners.

How effort is more important than scheme. Although scheme is important the effort to make it go is more so.

Just was glad to see some experienced wisdom.
+1 I agree

Hogindasticks

Quote from: DLUXHOG on January 11, 2018, 08:06:45 am
I'm looking forward to many years of Arkansas having the most feared defense in the nation!   WPS!!!

The main thing here is, I think he is trying to go back to that winning combination with the assistant hires they made.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hoghiker

I'm sold. Not that anyone gives a rat tail but the man knows football.

liljo

I am absolutely thankful Coach Chavis is going to be part of this. I have gone from optimistic to confident that Coach Morris is putting together something special. Yes, you better believe it can happen here! WPS!
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

nchogg

I like Coach Morris, was not sure about him at the time of his hire. Coach Chavis knows defense and the offenses in the SEC west. Very happy to have him and the assistant coaches that are in place.  Go Hogs!