Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If Jalen is looking for a new team...

Started by RoyHobbs92, January 08, 2018, 11:13:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Cure on January 09, 2018, 08:06:11 am
He threw 1 pick all season.

Ironically, it was against the Hogs pitiful D.

onebadrubi

For those quoting jalens stats, he's making easy throws.   He's not put in positions to have to throw down field to win games and throw in tight coverage.  He's had to throw to open up the run in two games, auburn and uga

Athog

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Athog on January 09, 2018, 08:14:58 am
Right no Ark ties right?? Not good enough for our team LOL!!

No Arkansas ties BUT he is from Texas and we've GOT to recruit Texas better.  What a quandary.

jm

Hoggish1

Quote from: RoyHobbs92 on January 08, 2018, 11:13:59 pm
Arkansas would love him. Wouldn't even have to change tattoos if he has any A's.

Amazingly absurd.

farmhawg

Quote from: hoglady on January 08, 2018, 11:19:21 pm
No.
He's a barely adequate QB with Bama talent around him - he would be horrible here.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Smashmouth2004

If you watch Hurts play he looks at the primary route and if not open he tucks and runs. He does not have enough discipline to stay in the pocket and go through his progressions. Tua didn't seem to have that problem in the second half!

jkstock04

Man...what a typical Hogville homer thread. Yes! I'm sure Hurts is looking to transfer to Arkansas and I'm sure that Saban is going to gladly let him!

Lol man o man.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogcards

Quote from: jm on January 09, 2018, 08:37:06 am
He might make a great linebacker!

He's going to move to a wideout/slot receiver next season.  Guaranteed.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

hogginbama

Quote from: Smashmouth2004 on January 09, 2018, 08:42:51 am
If you watch Hurts play he looks at the primary route and if not open he tucks and runs. He does not have enough discipline to stay in the pocket and go through his progressions. Tua didn't seem to have that problem in the second half!

They mentioned that in the game last night. Said he will tuck and run to the outside whenever he sees a hint of color from the defensive team coming at him. There were a few times that he scrambled outside instead of stepping up in the pocket. Step up in the pocket and he would have had an open receiver or a long gain running. Is that something that can be driven out of him by coaching? I am sure it was encouraged last year by Kiffin, but worked on this year after everyone learned his trends.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

hoglady

January 09, 2018, 09:29:53 am #61 Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 09:46:22 am by hoglady
Was listening to Kiffin on Dan Patrick this morning - he said Tua was planning on transferring from Bama after the season because he was pissed he wasn't given a chance this year (Obviously, that's not going to happen now).That second half decision by Saban probably changed the landscape of college football for years to come.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

lawhawg20

Crazy to think there was a point in time that Hurts was considered a possible Heisman contender...

hogcards

Quote from: lawhawg20 on January 09, 2018, 09:40:53 am
Crazy to think there was a point in time that Hurts was considered a possible Heisman contender...

He plays cool and collected and doesn't make a ton of mistakes.  That's about the best thing you can say about him.  His arm is awful.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Lanlord

I would take him as a running back in a heartbeat!

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

porque

He would be a great running back.  He's 6'2" and 225 lbs.  Has a good name for the position too.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Hogarusa on January 08, 2018, 11:23:43 pm
Love that Hog fans dont want a starting QB w/ a 25-2 record. So awesome

Why would anyone want a QB who isn't even adequate as a passer?  We're not running the wishbone.

Jalen will either go to Kiffin or play in the slot where he can still pass the ball sometimes as the 2nd QB on the field.  The Tua kid now has the QB job to lose at BAMA and if 2 quarters is any indication, its his.

Hurts is not a really good passer, he does play smart with tons of talent around him.  Coming to a team like Arkansas, he might be decent or absolutely terrible. 

Think if Tua would have been on the 2017 Arkansas team.  He would have been highly touted early on, allowed to get more reps than anyone but Austin in practice.  He would have been redshirted and his reps would have served to just make our 2nd team QB less experienced. 

steveaustin69

Quote from: hobhog on January 08, 2018, 11:32:39 pm
McFadden says hi. Along with all the other hog NFL players.

Do you honestly think our most talented teams of the past two decades even compare to Bama the last eight years?  Did you watch the game last night?  They had true freshman balling out all over the field in the NC.  We will never have a roster as talented or as deep as that

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: #hammerdown on January 09, 2018, 07:38:58 am
I know this thread was created in jest.  I doubt Jalen transfers.  Even if he does, no way Saban allows him to go to an SEC school.
ummmm, tell me the roquan smith story again?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Vantage 8 dude

Jalen will be just fine. I seriously doubt anyone has to worry about his future.

NinoHogUNIA

But they same ones love to bring up Mr 8-0 Like he didn't have the best backfield in Arkansas' history
BIE

Paul

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 09, 2018, 10:37:27 am
Do you honestly think our most talented teams of the past two decades even compare to Bama or Georgia the last eight years?  Did you watch the game last night?  They had true freshman balling out all over the field in the NC.  We will never have a roster as talented or as deep as that
FIFY

TeufelHog

He will just switch positions at Alabama to running back.  Dude can fly and has no problem lowering his shoulder to get the extra yards.  Extremely talented young man.

GoldCoastHog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on January 09, 2018, 08:08:52 am
Yeah I'd be happy to have him on the squad. As a running back

^^ Nailed it; he's a glorified running back.

hog.goblin

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 09, 2018, 08:43:30 am
Man...what a typical Hogville homer thread. Yes! I'm sure Hurts is looking to transfer to Arkansas and I'm sure that Saban is going to gladly let him!

Lol man o man.

You must be reading a different thread than this one.

Cinco de Hogo

No just NO, and if you don't know why you just as well join all the posters still trying to find something good to say about Long and Bielema.

I predicted Bama would lose BECAUSE of Hurt and the first half was as expected.  Of course I did think Saban would switch QB's in the middle of the game either.  That was a surprise!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 09, 2018, 11:18:14 am
I'm not following? What about it?
former Bama Safety who transferred to Georgia.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 09, 2018, 10:37:27 am
Do you honestly think our most talented teams of the past two decades even compare to Bama the last eight years?  Did you watch the game last night?  They had true freshman balling out all over the field in the NC.  We will never have a roster as talented or as deep as that
no other teams will either

GuvHog

He actually looked good until the Good DCs figured out that he's more of a triple option QB than he is a dual thread QB. Once Auburn and Georgia shut down Bama's running game and forced Jalen to win with the pass which he was not comfortable doing, Bama was in trouble. That's why Saban had no choice but to go with his true Freshman, who is a true dual threat QB, in the second half against Georgia.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Busta_Nutt

Saban would never release him from his scholarship if he were to transfer to an SEC school, much less a division opponent. He's never going to make it in the NFL if he continues to play QB. It would be wise for him learn to run routes and become Braxton Miller 2.0. Both are very similar in stature too.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on January 10, 2018, 11:39:09 am
Saban would never release him from his scholarship if he were to transfer to an SEC school, much less a division opponent. He's never going to make it in the NFL if he continues to play QB. It would be wise for him learn to run routes and become Braxton Miller 2.0. Both are very similar in stature too.

I disagree

widespreadsooie

LOL @ the "no thanks" crowd. Get a grip.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: widespreadsooie on January 10, 2018, 12:50:25 pm
LOL @ the "no thanks" crowd. Get a grip.

Why! Maybe we think you should know what your talking about.  Maybe we think 25-2 don't mean what you think it means.  Maybe we think a QB that can make ALL the throws is what we need.  Hurt is good on his feet and he is a good hander offer to 5 star running backs.  Getting shown up like that on that stage should tell you he's not the QB we need.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: IronHog on January 08, 2018, 11:33:22 pm

Think Bama will get the death penalty when the truth comes out?

Truth about what?

Adam Stokes

These arguments make anyone reminisce of Mitch Mustain?

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 10, 2018, 01:25:56 pm
Why! Maybe we think you should know what your talking about.  Maybe we think 25-2 don't mean what you think it means.  Maybe we think a QB that can make ALL the throws is what we need.  Hurt is good on his feet and he is a good hander offer to 5 star running backs.  Getting shown up like that on that stage should tell you he's not the QB we need.

We went 4-8 last year

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 10, 2018, 11:46:11 am
I disagree

That's ok, Steven. I don't need you to agree with me all the time. That wouldn't make Hogville any fun.

code red

Quote from: RoyHobbs92 on January 08, 2018, 11:13:59 pm
Arkansas would love him. Wouldn't even have to change tattoos if he has any A's.
Heck yeah.....he'd make a heck of a H back.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Jimbob111

I love the idea of a "dual threat" QB however, in my opinion, the QB must be able to pass first. Otherwise, just put a running back in that slot, ala Georgia Tech, and let him throw it six times a game. Hurts isn't a good passer, which is why Saban said he made the QB switch at the half. He said they needed a passing game and he put in the QB who was the better passer. A running QB is fine but we have RBs for that. If a QB can't throw the ball, just put a RB back there instead, they are better built to take the pounding. A QB that can pass AND run would be great but I'd take a passer first. IMHO.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Hogindasticks

January 10, 2018, 02:56:48 pm #92 Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:09:40 pm by Hogindasticks
Quote from: Lanlord on January 09, 2018, 09:47:37 am
I would take him as a running back in a heartbeat!

I agree...but, I don't think he is tough enough to run very many times a game.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Jimbob111 on January 10, 2018, 02:44:11 pm
I love the idea of a "dual threat" QB however, in my opinion, the QB must be able to pass first. Otherwise, just put a running back in that slot, ala Georgia Tech, and let him throw it six times a game. Hurts isn't a good passer, which is why Saban said he made the QB switch at the half. He said they needed a passing game and he put in the QB who was the better passer. A running QB is fine but we have RBs for that. If a QB can't throw the ball, just put a RB back there instead, they are better built to take the pounding. A QB that can pass AND run would be great but I'd take a passer first. IMHO.

Some people in this thread are too ignorant to understand what you just said, could you simplify it for them?

steveaustin69

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 10, 2018, 03:13:05 pm
Some people in this thread are too ignorant to understand what you just said, could you simplify it for them?

Aren't you the guy that said a Razorback is not a pig?

TebowHater

Hurts was literally the offensive player of the year in the SEC last year. His stats were good. Has had a bad year passing this year, and even so, has only thrown one pick all season.

zebradynasty

I imagine that visitors from other teams to this board have a WTH look on this thread! Pride is a good thing but deaf, dumb and blind to the facts is crazy! Any 4 or 5 star QB that wants to come to Arkansas should be given the red carpet treatment. One that really should have 2 National Championships should be given a parade! The lost against Clemson as a freshman he did what a QB is suppose to do. Anyway, even if he isn't NFL potential he's as good or better than what Arkansas has on it's roster right now.

Pride leaves before a fall but since we already at the bottom...I guess people feel we'll fall up ??? Unbelieveable! ::)

HognitiveDissonance

They were 25-2 because of the team. Particularly the defense.
Not because of Jalen Hurts.
He is a fine player, though.
But he's not a Lamar Jackson, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, etc type who can carry a team.
The Alabama team complements him, not the other way around.
The strength of Alabama is always the sum of the parts, all that talent combined, and the coaching, and not the QB, or any one player.

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on January 10, 2018, 06:43:56 pm
They were 25-2 because of the team. Particularly the defense.
Not because of Jalen Hurts.
He is a fine player, though.
But he's not a Lamar Jackson, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, etc type who can carry a team.
The Alabama team complements him, not the other way around.
The strength of Alabama is always the sum of the parts, all that talent combined, and the coaching, and not the QB, or any one player.

Lamar...Jackson... You just mentioned LAMAR JACKSON in the same sentence as Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees. You very well may make fine points later on, but I quit reading.

savimbi2002

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 08, 2018, 11:31:31 pm
Mychael Thompson from the old LA Lakers was a cigar player.  By your reasoning, he should be HOF just because he was lucky enough to be on several championship teams.

Cigar player?