Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 In-State Recruits

Started by redleg, September 09, 2015, 09:35:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

redleg

With the top 4 in-state recruits now committed to play for the Hogs, I am wondering if there will be any more players from the state of Arkansas that might get an offer from the Razorbacks once their senior seasons are over, or almost over.
What say you Hogville?  :razorback:  ???

Looking at various recruiting services, it seems to me that some decent bets (nothing guaranteed) to get offers from Arkansas are:
Damarea Crockett, John Tate, Deontre Hardwick, and Dylan Soehner.

Crockett has committed to Boise St and is a 4* recruit on Rivals.
Tate has offers from AZ St, Ole Miss, Louisville, Boise St, Cal, and Purdue.
Hardwick started off the recruiting process as a 4*, and is currently a 3* with offers from Ark St, Memphis, and La Tech.
Soehner is a 3* guy that is huge! As a 6'7" and 270 lbs TE, he has the frame to add another 50 lbs of muscle and play tackle in college. Not sure if he has the talent to warrant an offer from the Hogs. Has offers from Illinois, Ark St, and La Tech.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Tim Harris

We seem to always have around 6-7 in state kids. I'm sure a couple more get offers before we are done.

hawginbigd1

I believe Crockett and Hardwick end up with offers. Bad year for Tate I believe, last year he probably gets an offer, 2 years ago for sure.

redleg

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on September 09, 2015, 09:53:10 am
I believe Crockett and Hardwick end up with offers. Bad year for Tate I believe, last year he probably gets an offer, 2 years ago for sure.
What do you mean "Bad year for Tate"? He's only played in one game so far this year. Do you mean "too bad he's a DL" because of the other talent Arkansas has committed?

NLRHog92

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on September 09, 2015, 09:53:10 am

Crockett will only get an offer if we whiff on all other RBs. Hardwick might if he qualifies. Hogs just don't seem to be high on either. Tate is talented, hoping we don't regret not offering if that's the scenario that plays out, but as mentioned it seems to be a loaded DL class we're on this year. Soehner has had interest from a lot of programs for awhile, and I could possibly see him end up getting a very late offer. But truly, I think the only other guy we would have offered is Tobias Enlow if he had a stud season. Unfortunately, he won't get to show that after his injury. He might see a preferred walk-on spot similar to Joe Hampton.

ricepig

I think we're done, unless there is some late attrition, but there usually is.

wholehog92

Unless we miss on others and everyone develops as expected in state, I don't see us offering any more personally.  Clearly those are two big assumptions.  Somebody blows up on the field or we start missing on recruits and that clearly changes.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

VirginiaHog

Quote from: redleg on September 09, 2015, 12:13:48 pm
What do you mean "Bad year for Tate"? He's only played in one game so far this year. Do you mean "too bad he's a DL" because of the other talent Arkansas has committed?
Yes. Simply a numbers issue on the dl.
I dont feel any more get offers unless we miss on all the out of state guys. If we miss on all of White Whaley and Pennamon then Crockett may get another look. Just an out of staters opinion.

WooPig90

Don't see anyone else getting an offer, we are going to be very selective here soon. Hardwick I hear probably wont qualify, Tate I doubt we take due to the numbers at DL and Crockett only if we whiff on White/Whaley/Pennamon

redleg

Cleo Floyd in Hot Springs seems like a talented kid. Does he come close to the talent level of Hammonds?
I just think there are going to be at least one of two more players that end up with offers from the Hogs. There always seems to be someone that has a great senior season and earns that scholie...like Josh Liddell two years ago.
John Tate seems like the most likely candidate, but a DB or two might get noticed as well, like Tyrone Mahone, David Beasley, or Kiondre Thomas. Like I said, it probably depends on the kind of season they have, as well as whether or not they qualify academically.
As far as Crockett goes, I have asked around, and from what I am being told, he's good, just not SEC good.
I would love to see Deontre Hardwick go to Arkansas, but it is sounding like he may not even qualify for a Jr. College! Such a waste.
:razorback:

hammer66

Quote from: redleg on September 10, 2015, 02:21:29 pm
Cleo Floyd in Hot Springs seems like a talented kid. Does he come close to the talent level of Hammonds?
I just think there are going to be at least one of two more players that end up with offers from the Hogs. There always seems to be someone that has a great senior season and earns that scholie...like Josh Liddell two years ago.
John Tate seems like the most likely candidate, but a DB or two might get noticed as well, like Tyrone Mahone, David Beasley, or Kiondre Thomas. Like I said, it probably depends on the kind of season they have, as well as whether or not they qualify academically.
As far as Crockett goes, I have asked around, and from what I am being told, he's good, just not SEC good.
I would love to see Deontre Hardwick go to Arkansas, but it is sounding like he may not even qualify for a Jr. College! Such a waste.
:razorback:
Can a player not be qualified for a JC? Serious ?
I mean if a a player graduates HS aren't they eligible for JC.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: hammer66 on September 10, 2015, 03:50:13 pm
Can a player not be qualified for a JC? Serious ?
I mean if a a player graduates HS aren't they eligible for JC.
I believe so. The last few summers I have taken classes at a JC or community college instead of at the UofA and when I applied they didn't even ask for HS GPA an ACT or SAT score. All they wanted was the money ;D
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

hammer66

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on September 10, 2015, 04:00:24 pm
I believe so. The last few summers I have taken classes at a JC or community college instead of at the UofA and when I applied they didn't even ask for HS GPA an ACT or SAT score. All they wanted was the money ;D

That's what I thought it was. You pay your in, but I wonder if there are some academic qualifications to receive a football scholarship. Only questioning it because I've read that statement a few times of "may not be eligible to go juco".