Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OL Recruiting

Started by Bubba's Bruisers, September 06, 2015, 03:40:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba's Bruisers

I'm betting we could use a couple more OL in this class.  So what OL recruits do we have a real shot at landing?  Are there decent odds for Bolles, Lashley, Tatum, etc...?  Who else?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Wildhog

Need at least three more.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Wildhog on September 06, 2015, 03:41:08 pm
Need at least three more.

Maybe so, but I assuming 2 is the absolute minimum from here.  Looks like 2 freshman OL played yesterday and 2 didn't.  Hopefully we can keep the RS on those 2.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

WildRazorback

I believe at one time that Devin White and Willie Allen stated that they were basically a package deal. Might want to keep our eyes on Willie if we think there's a shot at Devin. I haven't heard much out of Lashley lately; he seems to be jumping around quite a bit. Last night he posted on Twitter that it was basically a dream to talk to Oregon's O-Line coach. I think we have a good shot at Bolles because of our recent success with Tretola. Getting Tatum out of Florida will be tough, but not impossible. Also, don't forget that we offered Dwayne Wallace (Louisville commit) a couple months back. He's definitely a project player, but apparently we like him enough to offer.

snoop hawgy hawg

we could lose 4 guys on the o-line after this year, i say we take one or two juco guys so we can bring in some experince..

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: snoop hawgy hawg on September 06, 2015, 03:48:58 pm
we could lose 4 guys on the o-line after this year, i say we take one or two juco guys so we can bring in some experince..

I think Autry, the FL commit may be a possibility?  D Wallace is another JUCO possibility currently committed to LV as noted above.

Quote from: WildRazorback on September 06, 2015, 03:48:10 pm
I believe at one time that Devin White and Willie Allen stated that they were basically a package deal. Might want to keep our eyes on Willie if we think there's a shot at Devin. I haven't heard much out of Lashley lately; he seems to be jumping around quite a bit. Last night he posted on Twitter that it was basically a dream to talk to Oregon's O-Line coach. I think we have a good shot at Bolles because of our recent success with Tretola. Getting Tatum out of Florida will be tough, but not impossible. Also, don't forget that we offered Dwayne Wallace (Louisville commit) a couple months back. He's definitely a project player, but apparently we like him enough to offer.

I don't take the package deal seriously.  In the end, the kids do what they think is in their own best interest.

Wildhog

Quote from: snoop hawgy hawg on September 06, 2015, 03:48:58 pm

We WILL lose at least four scholarship OL this year- probably five.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on September 06, 2015, 04:03:21 pm
We WILL lose at least four scholarship OL this year- probably five.

Which ones?

20hog11

Tretola and Smothers for sure. Kirkland and Skipper maybe. Who else?

hawginbigd1

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 06, 2015, 04:09:50 pm
Which ones?
Smothers, Danenhauer, Beck, and Tretola all SR. Many think Kirkland leaving

redeye

I'd love to get Lashley, but MSU fans think he's all MSU and they may be right.  LSU fans say that Willie Allen is vastly overrated and have claimed they don't want him.  Bolles seems like a good possibility, but I never feel great about our chances with players out West.

We seem to really want Tatum, so I have to think we have a good chance with him.  After that, I'm really not sure who we'll go after and I've been wondering about that myself.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: redeye on September 06, 2015, 04:54:06 pm
I'd love to get Lashley, but MSU fans think he's all MSU and they may be right.  LSU fans say that Willie Allen is vastly overrated and have claimed they don't want him.  Bolles seems like a good possibility, but I never feel great about our chances with players out West.

We seem to really want Tatum, so I have to think we have a good chance with him.  After that, I'm really not sure who we'll go after and I've been wondering about that myself.

Arkansas feels good about where they are with Bolles. Tatum is definitely high on their list.

They'll take two more, maybe a third if he's a big timer.

redeye

Quote from: Richard Davenport on September 06, 2015, 05:01:02 pm
Arkansas feels good about where they are with Bolles. Tatum is definitely high on their list.

Thanks Richard! 

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on September 06, 2015, 04:50:26 pm
Smothers, Danenhauer, Beck, and Tretola all SR. Many think Kirkland leaving

So three that play significant snaps. That's quite a bit, but I'm betting CBB and CSP have a decent plan for how to replace them. And that probably includes a pretty significant OL recruiting class.

Wildhog

Richard,  CBB and CSP have said they want 15-18 OL.  Signing two more would drop us from 13 this year to 12 next year.  Just wondering if there are any other names out there that we may not know about, because it appears we're heading the opposite direction from what they'd like.
1909/1964/1965/1977

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Wildhog on September 06, 2015, 06:31:50 pm
Richard,  CBB and CSP have said they want 15-18 OL.  Signing two more would drop us from 13 this year to 12 next year.  Just wondering if there are any other names out there that we may not know about, because it appears we're heading the opposite direction from what they'd like.

Maybe that is including a few Walk on kids.  I think their is at least 2 walk on kids on campus they are liking real well.  Of course they probable will not play until their junior year unless some get hurt.

PGTIGERHOG

I think Donovan Campbell (not sure on first name) a current LSU commit has recently said he would like to visit Arkansas.

redeye

Quote from: PGTIGERHOG on September 06, 2015, 09:27:06 pm
I think Donovan Campbell (not sure on first name) a current LSU commit has recently said he would like to visit Arkansas.

Yea, I forgot about him.  I had to look up his name and it's Donavaughn Campbell.  Might be a longshot, but one worth taking.

Huds_HawgTide

I say take a shot with the ark TE from prarie view that has grown into a OT
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

hawginbigd1

Interesting, with numbers being what they possibly could be, does this mean they feel REALLY good about Gibson and Harvey ???