Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anthony Hines III

Started by Potosihog, September 02, 2015, 09:26:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Potosihog

Just replaced Michigan with wps in his top 20.  Most believe he will go to OK, Baylor or Tx but he and Jack Anderson seem to be friends. Can you imagine if we landed both? #hogdreams

redeye

QuoteAnthony Hines III ‏@2017D1Prospect  2h2 hours ago
Replacing Michigan with Arkansas in my top 20...#woopig

Now if we can just beat the other 19.  :)

bjeffersonhog

You have to think if someone amends their top 20 to put you in it that you are one of the higher teams on his list.   Why even amend it if he has you at 20?

ldfergu

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on September 02, 2015, 10:52:06 pm
You have to think if someone amends their top 20 to put you in it that you are one of the higher teams on his list.   Why even amend it if he has you at 20?

I wouldn't read too much into it

Huds_HawgTide

He is gonna love our defense this yr...2 yrs in a row with a highly productive linebacker or 2...a coach that is the ultimate player coach...and a program on the rise aith the chance to play 7 ranked teams every yr...gonna play in arlington every yr and tcu twice and michigan twice...sounds pretty damn enticing...esp when he sees the hills and fall leaves and girls
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

HogFansReunited

Why even have a top 20?  Wait till you can narrow the list to about 5 and then announce your top teams.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: HogFansReunited on September 03, 2015, 09:51:18 am
Why even have a top 20?  Wait till you can narrow the list to about 5 and then announce your top teams.
Well when a kid has 60+ offers, he has to start the narrowing process somehow.

Huds_HawgTide

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on September 03, 2015, 09:54:15 am
Well when a kid has 60+ offers, he has to start the narrowing process somehow.

true dat
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

jgphillips3

Once upon a time I would have doubted.  Even if its slim, with this staff, we actually have a chance.

azhog10

Making a top 20 isn't that big of a deal. Until we actually land big time studs like this consistently we are nothing more than one of 20 schools who would like to have him on our team.

jgphillips3

Quote from: azhog10 on September 03, 2015, 11:07:10 am
Making a top 20 isn't that big of a deal. Until we actually land big time studs like this consistently we are nothing more than one of 20 schools who would like to have him on our team.

Well, we could be Michigan that just got booted.  I think we are climbing on his radar and we ARE landing guys of his caliber.  When you recruit with the big dogs, you probably have to go after 10 guys like this to get 1.  That's life when a kid can go anywhere he wants.

bjeffersonhog

I agree that making a top 20 list of schools isn't a big deal.  This kid however had already made a list of his top 20 schools and we were not included in it.  Then after talking to Coach B something changed in his mind and he wanted to make a public announcement that Michigan was out and Arkansas was now in his top 20.  I'm not saying we are going to sign him or that we are his top choice right now, but you have to think that we are getting some descent consideration from him.

Richard_white

A highly rated defensive player and we made his top 20 list.  I will take it. 

fishes2000

Maybe the chance of playing with Agim has him thinking about this. If Agim picks Hogs what will that do to recruiting stud defense players?

presidenthog

Quote from: fishes2000 on September 03, 2015, 11:31:39 am
Maybe the chance of playing with Agim has him thinking about this. If Agim picks Hogs what will that do to recruiting stud defense players?
It may do nothing. it may set some things in motion. we won't know til Saturday and then a month down the road.

azhog10

September 03, 2015, 12:03:31 pm #15 Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 02:09:50 pm by azhog10
Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 03, 2015, 11:13:54 am
Well, we could be Michigan that just got booted.  I think we are climbing on his radar and we ARE landing guys of his caliber.  When you recruit with the big dogs, you probably have to go after 10 guys like this to get 1.  That's life when a kid can go anywhere he wants.
Just curious what big time LB's or Def players have we gotten? I mean outside of Hjalte who we got on really early, what big time defensive players have we gotten? I'm not knocking who we have, and what we've gotten in the past. I think CBB does a great job of finding guys, but none to my knowledge are "big time" like this kid.

redeye

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on September 02, 2015, 10:52:06 pm

Yea, I thought the same thing.  I was just joking about him "narrowing" his list to 20, which lucky for us, isn't that easy for him.

Then again, when you have that many offers, removing 53 of them is an accomplishment.

GolfnHog

What seems to get lost in a lot of folks memories is that just a very few years ago the Razorbacks weren't even an afterthought for the types of players mentioning AR.  however, the Hogs are now in the discussion and that's the upside.

That being said, if CBB and his staff can get a face to face at home, and can land an official or unofficial visit we are in the mix.

Years gone by, not so much. As CBB has said, "if we can get them on campus we have as good a shot as any other school" (paraphrased of course-but you get the gist). These coaches can recruit and sell and do it without making ungodly, unattainable promises.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Vantage 8 dude

Well golly gee then why not tell CBB and the staff to just not waste the effort? I mean since (according to you) we really haven't signed anyone, except the Great Dane, that's really a top notch defensive player over the past few years then why even try?! I mean apparently, according to your standards anyway, just because it hasn't been in the recent past we really shouldn't ever expect anything better. BTW while it guarantees nothing, at least making his initial top 20 beats NOT making it at all....duh!! :-X

Steef

Quote from: Richard_white on September 03, 2015, 11:26:38 am
A highly rated defensive player and we made his top 20 list.  I will take it.

azhog10

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on September 03, 2015, 04:38:26 pm
Well golly gee then why not tell CBB and the staff to just not waste the effort? I mean since (according to you) we really haven't signed anyone, except the Great Dane, that's really a top notch defensive player over the past few years then why even try?! I mean apparently, according to your standards anyway, just because it hasn't been in the recent past we really shouldn't ever expect anything better. BTW while it guarantees nothing, at least making his initial top 20 beats NOT making it at all....duh!! :-X
Didn't say that. Just said I'm not getting overly excited making a kids top 20. If we get a visit then I will get excited. I said nothing about wasting our time or anything like that.

presidenthog

Quote from: azhog10 on September 03, 2015, 04:59:35 pm
Didn't say that. Just said I'm not getting overly excited making a kids top 20. If we get a visit then I will get excited. I said nothing about wasting our time or anything like that.
after we get agim who is the #9 player regardless of position and could be #1 with a strong senior year will you change your tune?

Vantage 8 dude

Well go back and check your comments concerning (in your opinion) our lack of snagging big time defensive players. To me that's far more ridiculous than any idiotic comment about the kid's top 20 list.

Laughing Hog

Quote from: azhog10 on September 03, 2015, 12:03:31 pm
Just curious what big time LB's or Def players have we gotten? I mean outside of Hjalte who we got on really early, what big time defensive players have we gotten? I'm not knocking who we have, and what we've gotten in the past. I think CBB does a great job of finding guys, but none to my knowledge are "big time" like this kid.

#78 says hello
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Huds_HawgTide

Had 4 drafted from defense last yr and expect to have another top 25 defense with loads of nfl type players...we r recruiting top notch defensive players
tommy boy

Cinco de Hogo

Don't see a link so I can speculate that we might be #5, right?

The real Hogules

I've read that A.H.III has been on campus twice already, so there has to be some level of interest on his part, right?
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

azhog10

Quote from: The real Hogules on September 04, 2015, 07:03:10 am
I've read that A.H.III has been on campus twice already, so there has to be some level of interest on his part, right?
If that's true I would say absoulutely. I just hope we get one of his 5 visits.

azhog10

Quote from: Laughing Hog on September 03, 2015, 10:39:43 pm
#78 says hello
Who was #78? I can't find a single player on 247 that committed to us ranked that high defensively from out of state.......in Bielema's time. Jackson was close but he was from in state. I think CBB has done a fantastic job of recruiting Arkansas both as signees and walk-ons.

azhog10

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on September 03, 2015, 09:22:17 pm
Well go back and check your comments concerning (in your opinion) our lack of snagging big time defensive players. To me that's far more ridiculous than any idiotic comment about the kid's top 20 list.
Then name one that is even close to this kids caliber that we signed that wasn't from Arkansas. I have always felt CBB does a fantastic job recruiting in state guys. It's landing those big time defensive guys out of state that we haven't seemed to have been able to do yet. We are in on a lot of great talent, just hope we can get some of them to pull the trigger on us.

Huds_HawgTide

Darius winston...he didnt turn out as good as advertised...batman carroll was a five star recruit as well
Otha Peters,  dd jones, philon all highly ranked 4 stars out of state
tommy boy

azhog10

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on September 04, 2015, 08:59:08 am
Darius winston...he didnt turn out as good as advertised...batman carroll was a five star recruit as well
We definitely have gotten 4 star defenders in the past. I also thought this kid was a 16 recruit. Looks like he's a 17 recruit so the fact he only has a top 20 at this point makes a lot more sense. I thought he was a '16 recruit.

presidenthog

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on September 04, 2015, 08:59:08 am
pretty sure darius was a 3 star guy. his injury probably added to that though or he may have been a 4 star.

Huds_HawgTide

WINSTON  was a five star by at least 2 services
tommy boy

Huds_HawgTide

This is article from saturday down south ranking 5 star defensive backs careers in college the last 10 yrs...says he is probably the biggest bust...still 5 star tho even if he had a 2 star career
tommy boy

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: presidenthog on September 04, 2015, 10:10:35 am
pretty sure darius was a 3 star guy. his injury probably added to that though or he may have been a 4 star.
'Fraid you're totally off base here. He was a five star by several services; at worse he was a 4 star.

AugustaHog

Different Darius that you guys are talking about.  Philon was a 3* and Winston was a 5*.

Huds_HawgTide

I clearly said darius winston
tommy boy

Huds_HawgTide

Philon was a high four star when he committed to bama...evene after injury he maintained 4 star on cpl sites...did slip alot during injury
tommy boy

presidenthog

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on September 04, 2015, 11:04:52 am
I clearly said darius winston
and you clearly said Philon was a 4 star when he wasnt

Huds_HawgTide

U can take the final ranking for what u see...he got injured and had surgery early sr yr.. he was a 4 star on all services before then and a bama commit
tommy boy

Huds_HawgTide

And he proved the early ranking to be true
tommy boy

ARtillahog

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on September 04, 2015, 12:57:59 pm
U can take the final ranking for what u see...he got injured and had surgery early sr yr.. he was a 4 star on all services before then and a bama commit

Just having a composite 87 means he had some higher rankings that we just haven't found yet.  pre-hog just decided to only use one source instead of finding more bc it wouldn't support his claim.

Huds_HawgTide

Its no biggie...i dont care one way or another...kinda how ricky town went from #1 to 8th overall qb in the 70s natuonally...a lil bit of an injury or an early commit can sometimes move u down making way for more dramatic finishes and higher subscriptions
tommy boy

Huds_HawgTide

Once bama filled up and asked him to grey shirt they dropped his ranking like a bad habit
tommy boy

redeye

Quote from: azhog10 on September 04, 2015, 08:54:18 am
Then name one that is even close to this kids caliber that we signed that wasn't from Arkansas. I have always felt CBB does a fantastic job recruiting in state guys. It's landing those big time defensive guys out of state that we haven't seemed to have been able to do yet. We are in on a lot of great talent, just hope we can get some of them to pull the trigger on us.

A defensive player close to the caliber of Anthony Hines III from out of state?  I believe Hjalte Froholdt was rated higher at this point in his recruitment.  After it was clear he was coming to Arkansas, he dropped a lot in the rankings.  Same could happen with Hines.

Agim will be higher, if we get him, and Bijhon Jackson wasn't much different.  Outside of LB, we've recruited very well on defense in recent years, so I'm  a little confused of the point you're trying to make?  You don't finish 10th in the nation in Total Defense without great players.

Oh and I believe Huds is right about Philon. 

presidenthog

September 04, 2015, 08:14:11 pm #48 Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 08:25:58 pm by presidenthog
Quote from: ARtillahog on September 04, 2015, 01:41:48 pm
Just having a composite 87 means he had some higher rankings that we just haven't found yet.  pre-hog just decided to only use one source instead of finding more bc it wouldn't support his claim.
well why don't you find more rankings it you feel the need to prove me wrong. I'm the only one with a source so far.

and for the record I don't care if he was a 4 star or not from someone else. I remembered him being a 3 star atleast by one service and I was  correct. there is more than one service and more than one ranking. it's no different from AC being a 4 or 5 star dependant upon the service. saying one or the other doesn't make anyone anymore right or wrong. there is more than one answer. and they are all right. I didn't lie. I said he was a 3 star and he was. he may have been a 4 but I didn't remember that seeing as it was 4 years ago or whatever but I remembered 3 stars and I found proof that is all.

Huds_HawgTide

I said u are correct...towards signing day and after final ranking he was pretty much considered 3 star...I said the whole time he was committed to bama for almost 2 yrs he was a 4 star...until he had surgery
tommy boy